Use the pen tool to draw freehand lines and shapes. Pen types available vary between platforms.
- Click the Pen tool once to activate.
- Click again to open Pen tool options.
- With the pen tool active, right-click or 'long-touch and release' anywhere on the canvas to open the Pen tool options.
The following options are available:
Color options - To change colors:
- Select a color from the bottom row. To select more colors, click the "+" icon.
- The top row changes to various shades of the color selected.
- Click the preferred color and start drawing.
Stroke options - use the slider to adjust stroke properties
- Pen width - sets the size of the stroke. The preview circle changes to reflect the current stroke size.
- Transparency - sets the visibility of the stroke.
myViewBoard provides the following pen options:
Click an image below to see the pen in action:
The Marker draws simple lines and is recommended for most uses. This is the default pen tool selected.
The Paint Brush draws thicker lines resembling paint brush strokes.
The Highlighter draws transparent lines that can be used to highlight text.
The Laser Pen draws lines like the highlighter tool. However, lines are not persistent and disappear whenever the laser pen draws another line. This is useful to temporarily bring attention to a specific piece of the presentation, similar to a laser pointer.
The AI Pen tries to guess the drawing, and displays images based on the guess.
Instead of a solid line, the Shape Pen leaves a line of images for its strokes.
The Magic Line pen acts like a "background" reveal tool.
The Quick Selection feature allows users to quickly switch between selected colors for the active pen. To use:
- Click the Pen tool. A set of colored dots should appear on the side.
- Click on a dot to immediately switch to that color.
- To see all colors, click the Pen tool icon again.
Note that this works for all pen types except for the Shape pen and Magic Line pen.
The Quick Selection feature allows you to switch between colors for the active pen.