The File Management tool allows sharing, saving and opening Whiteboard canvas files.
The Whiteboard program saves the canvas as
Click the File Management tool icon to open the File Management toolbar. The following options are available:
|New canvas||Creates a new, blank canvas. If a previous canvas is currently open, Whiteboard for Windows prompts the user to save before creating a new canvas.|
|Open||Opens a canvas (.vboard file) from the local hard drive or the cloud storage account.|
|Save||Updates the previously saved copy. If the copy has not been saved yet, Whiteboard for Windows prompts the user to provide a name for the canvas.|
|Save As||Saves a new copy of the canvas, as a |
|Export||Exports the canvas into other formats. For more information, see the section below.|
|Prints one or all pages in the canvas. This feature is not available in Whiteboard for Android.|
|QR Code Share||Converts and uploads the canvas into a PDF, then generates a QR code and link for sharing. Anyone who scans the code or types the link gets a copy of the canvas in PDF form. Note that videos and embed browser are not converted.|
Note that the QR Code Share feature requires a bound cloud storage account. For issues with OneDrive accounts, see this FAQ page.
Click Export to save the canvas to the following formats:
- Exported files can be saved to the local hard drive or the cloud storage account.
- If content goes beyond the normal canvas page size, it may be necessary to zoom out to fit everything on the screen before exporting.
Compatibility with Other Formats
Note the following limitations when exporting to IWB:
- Exporting to IWB file format may cause some objects to disappear.
- Some object functions may stop working properly.
- Lines drawn using the highlighter pen are converted into slim pen lines.
- Lines drawn using the laser pen are converted into slim pen lines.
Whiteboard for Windows
Whiteboard for Android