myViewBoard for Android
myViewBoard for Android is a digital whiteboard solution designed specifically to be used on an Android device. myViewBoard for Android functions similarly to the Windows version with a few minor differences.
For an introduction and information on using myViewBoard for Android, see the following guides:
- This document is a guide to quickly get started with using myViewBoard for Android after installation.
- This document is a guide to using the myViewBoard for Android user interface.
- This document is a comprehensive guide to using myViewBoard for Android.
- This document aims to be a printable guide that users can use as a quick 'cheat sheet' reference to the myViewBoard icons.
Download and Install
Before installation, verify that the device meets the following requirements:
- The device is running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher. For optimal performance, Android 7.0 (Nougat) is recommended.
- There is no restriction on screen size. However, a resolution of 1080p or higher is recommended for optimal experience. Some UI elements may become inaccessible on smaller screens.
To install the app via the Google Play store:
- Go to the Google Play store.
- Search for the myViewBoard for Android app.
- Click Install.
Alternatively, you can use the following link to install myViewBoard for Android:
If the device does not have Google Play store:
- Go to http://myViewBoard.com
- Click Downloads.
- Click myViewBoard for Android Download.
- Using a QR code reader app, take a picture of the QR code to get the download link.
- Open the download link to start downloading the apk.
- After the download is complete, click the apk file to start installation.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
To download the APK file directly, see Download.
Some Interactive Flat Panel displays have myViewBoard for Android installed by default. To launch myViewBoard for Android on these devices, click the slide tool bar, and select the myViewBoard logo. myViewBoard for Android automatically starts.
Integration with myViewBoard.com
To get the most out of myViewBoard for Android, users need to create a complimentary myViewBoard account at http://www.myviewboard.com. Users can sign up with their Google, Microsoft or a regular email address. Having a myViewBoard account provides the following benefits:
- Sign in from anywhere
- Load personal settings and customizations
- Access to files stored in linked cloud storage services
- Use all the features of myViewBoard
myViewBoard for Android can still be used without signing in. However, some features will be unavailable.
For more information, see signing up for a myViewBoard account.
On first run, the android app prompts the user to select the account type to activate.
For a personal account:
- Click Personal.
- Provide a myViewBoard account to activate the application.
- myViewBoard Name
- Email address to receive the activation email.
- Specify a Theme.
- Click Submit. The app may automatically close at this point.
- Before re-opening the myViewBoard for Android app, go to your email client and activate the account by clicking the link in the activation email.
- Restart the myViewBoard for Android app, and try signing in.
For entity accounts:
- Click Entity.
- A QR code will be displayed.
- Ask an Entity Admin to use his Companion App to activate the application.
- Close and restart the myViewBoard for Android app, and try signing in.
You will need to go through these steps again if the 'Clear data' and "Clear cache' actions was applied to the myViewBoard for Android app.
myViewBoard for Android Working Area
The myViewBoard for Android working area is divided into the following areas:
Main area where users work in. By default, the background of the canvas area is blank. However, this can be customized via the following methods:
- Click the Whiteboard background management menu to specify another solid color, or one of the predefined images as the background.
- Sign in to your myViewBoard account to load your personal preferences, including any customizations applied to backgrounds, shape lines and magic pens.
More information: Whiteboard for Android Floating Toolbar
Toolbar that allows users to perform operations on the canvas. This toolbar can be moved freely around the canvas area.
Icons in the floating toolbar are the same for both the Android and Windows versions of myViewBoard.
More information: Whiteboard for Android Main Toolbar
Toolbar that allows users to add annotations to the canvas area. This toolbar is always fixed to the right, left or bottom side of the program window.
More information: Title bar
A toolbar that appears at the topmost section of the myViewBoard program. If logged in, this toolbar displays the user account currently logged in. It also provides access to the following options:
- Close button
Unterschiede zu myViewBoard für Windows
myViewBoard für Android und myViewBoard für Windows sind nahezu identisch, bis auf folgende Ausnahmen:
- Die Werkzeugleiste in myViewBoard für Android hat im Vergleich zu der in Windows keinen Windows Button und keine Cast Funktion. myViewBoard für Android unterstützt kein Casting.
- In myViewBoard für Android kann das Fenster nicht vergrößert oder verkleinert werden.
- myViewBoard for Windows has additional 'quick access' icons on its title bar. These features are also included in myViewBoard for Android. To access these features:
- - Help - Click the settings menu, and then click the icon
- - Integrated cloud solutions - Click the Magic Box tool, and click the icon of the integrated cloud service.
For more information about myViewBoard for Android, visit the following links:
- Whiteboard for Android
- Whiteboard for Android Quick Start Guide
- myViewBoard for Android Toolbar Icons one pager
- Download myViewBoard for Android
- Whiteboard for Android Release History
- Installing myViewBoard for Android
- Getting Started with myViewBoard for Android Part 1
- Getting Started with myViewBoard for Android Part 2
- Play All