Whiteboard for Windows Release History
NEW v220.127.116.11 August 29, 2022
- The activation process has been removed. Simply sign in with your account and access the features of your user tier.
- The Whiteboard logo has been updated.
- Favorites folder is now accessible from the Backgrounds menu or File management menu.
- Hungarian and Ukrainian languages are now supported in Whiteboard for Windows and Whiteboard for Android.
- Italian language is now supported within Live Captions.
- Polls/Quizzes can now be imported from a VBOARD or OLF file.
- A shortcut tray has been added on the floating toolbar.
- An alignment assistant now appears when the user clicks and drags or resizes an object in Prepare Mode.
- In the text editor, strikethrough is now supported.
- New line added in the lines menu: Bezier curve.
- OLF files saved in Whiteboard for Windows and Android can be opened and used in Classroom.
- When students "throw" content to the host session in Whiteboard, their name will display in the notifications drop-down menu.
Releases Q3/Q4 2021
- - Backup mode is disabled by default. Change the setting to Enable to save your files.
- - Right-click to highlight texts on any web page of the embedded browser.
- - Right-click to insert the selected text as a note onto the canvas from any web page of the embedded browser. In addition, you can click the inserted note displayed on the canvas to open the original web page on the embedded browser.
- - The bulleted list from a PowerPoint slide can be pasted onto the canvas.
- - Drag and drop an .olf file onto the canvas from a website.
- - The system taskbar of a user’s computer will be hidden automatically in the presentation mode on certain devices.
- - An improved version of the Auto-Save feature that triggers when Whiteboard is idling for 10 mins.
- - The application is updated with a new subscription policy. Some features may not be available depending on your subscription plan. Find out more about our plans on the myViewBoard website: https://myviewboard.com/pricing/
- - Whiteboard is compatible with Windows 10 and above only. Launch of the application in the earlier OS versions will request to update the system to use the Whiteboard.
- - Improved “Import” and “Save” functionalities for .flipchart files.
- - Fixed minor issues with Magic Line pen behavior.
- - Open Learning Format (.olf) filetype is here! OLF is created by myViewBoard. You can use the same file between myViewBoard Whiteboard for Windows and myViewBoard Whiteboard for Android from now on!
- - Improved auto sign-out functionality by adding a notification to stay signed in. Users can HEAR and SEE a notification before auto sign-out and tap/click on the screen to cancel auto sign-out.
- - New user feedback survey for myViewBoard Whiteboard is available in the Settings > Submit feedback.
https://is displayed in the web hyperlink field when adding an URL
- - Support Arabic in Live Captions .
- - Support Indonesian
- - Support to do screenshot capture for different DPI of multi-monitor.
- - Set “Open Sans” as default font style for unifying font style for Whiteboard for Windows and Whiteboard for Android.
- - Update Thai strings.
- - Update “Basic” and “Advanced” video links and titles of the setting section.
- - Add “Open Sans” font style for a unified reason.
- - After user selects the annotation under the desktop mode, the annotation function will be preserved even after the user minimizes the toolbar.
- - The embedded browser will automatically open a new tab when any web page requests it.
Releases Q1/Q2 2021
- - Support German in Live Captions .
- - Support Malay and Thai languages.
- - Fixed exporting IWB issues.
- - Fixed image and background color issues.
- - Bringing back inking functionality on the USB camera menu.
- - Improve UX related to QR code, such as “drag and drop the host session QR code from Polls and Pop Quiz ” and “enable right-click to copy a short URL of QR code sharing file”.
- - Increase text size on the notification panel and sticky notes.
- - Make the screen recorder recording panel more visible.
- - Support the new background setting related to myViewBoard Originals.
- - Hide the Wireless Presentation (screen sharing) icon if a user didn’t sign in.
- - Remove hotkey wording of tooltips on desktop mode.
- - Update multilingual strings for some icons of Main and Floating toolbars.
- - Fixed “some strokes will disappear unexpectedly when drawing on IFP 50-1"
- - Pop Quiz panel can be dragged to resize horizontally.
- - Implement quick selections of Eraser , which features contain “a regular eraser”, “use a lasso to erase strokes and objects” and “clear everything on the canvas”.
- - Support new model, IFP 52.
- - Add a "Tabletop” mode for Participate mode, which allow users to draw on the opposite side when IFP is laid down as table screen.
- - Users can change any page position with a finger on IFP.
- - Add hover-over tips and update multilingual strings for Participate mode.
- - Add four background images in "Pre-installed".
- - Add YouTube Video for “What’s New”.
- - Update brief guide background images for multiple languages.
- - Enlarge sticky notes to provide a better user experience.
- - Implement Participate mode with clear immediate feedback on users’ action. (Limitation: only the OS version is newer than version 1903 in Windows 10 can see this functionality)
- - Live Caption supports for French.
- - Allow to resend activation email before activating Whiteboard.
- - Allow to drag QR code of host information or of a shared file on a current canvas.
- - Update a new splash screen.
- - Apply a notification dialog to lead user to upgrade “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable library” to prevent the crash issue happens.
- - Fixed “Touch function cannot work on the second monitor.”
- - Fixed “Whiteboard for Windows can't be installed without internet.”
- - Fixed “Immersive reader is unable to read.”
- - Export multiple selected objects as a PNG image (must be signed in).
- - Before a connection between the app and server is established, the sign in QR code will not be shown.
- - Upon first launch the background image will be a brief user guide.
- - Saves all answers from each individual attendee of a "Pop Quiz" question by adding a number at the end of the file name.
- - Support a new entity management feature: enable/disable the embedded browser.
- - 'Clear Strokes' button in eraser menu allows all pen strokes for the current or all pages to be cleared.
- - Set the default theme to 'Education'.
- - Live Captions will automatically disappear 5 seconds after speech.
- - SSO portal opens in device default browser.
- - Pop Quiz sessions are saved to a folder which is by default named after the current date and time, with folders for participants' responses.
- - Apply new activation flow. User will activate the software from the main program (not during the installation process).
- - Use a new installer (Advanced Installer) to solve the issue which requests administrator privilege while doing OTA update.
- - Reduced the loading duration of myViewBoard Originals background images.
- - If the same media is imported multiple times to the Whiteboard, the .vboard file size will not increase as much due to more efficient content based comparison now utilized.
- - Measurements taken against the grid background now correspond to 1cm for the 2x2 grid size. This allows ruler, set square and compass tools to measure geometry.
- - Host information panel now has directions for downloading the Companion app .
- - Added 'myViewBoard Community' link on the information panel of the settings menu.
Releases Q3/Q4 2020
- - User is able to clear all strokes on the current canvas by tapping the corresponding button in the eraser menu.
- - Now supports Google Drive
shared with meand
recentfiles and folders.
- - Now supports OneDrive and OneDrive for Business
Recentfiles and folders.
- - If 'Session Password' is enabled in FollowMe settings, the four-digit password can be viewed from the host information panel.
- - User can enable or disable auto-smoothing drawn strokes from the 'Settings' menu. The default value is enabled.
- - Removed some URLs to outdated video tutorials.
- - Eraser will not erase any object underneath a stroke when user selects erasing pen strokes only .
- - Notification added for idle-sign-out period after a host signs in.
- - Show tool tips in the eraser menu .
- - What's New menu now has support for multiple languages.
- - Make the ruler more user friendly. User is able to use two fingers to make it bigger or smaller. Also, there are two rotate buttons to let user know how to rotate it.
- - The Poll/Quiz voting result page shows all options in descending order.
- - The Zoom Windows client remains open and active even after the host signs out.
- - Time string updated to use the 24-hour clock format. Date string formats follow the rules below:
- yyyy/mm/dd: Arabic
- dd-MM-yyyy: Danish, Finnish, French, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
- MM-dd-yyyy: All other languages
- - Enhanced file compatibility for .SVG files.
- - The "Cast Out" feature now captures and sends the system audio.
- - Added support for Spanish in Live Caption .
- - Host can start a new Throw session by tapping the reload button on the Throw menu in the Magic Box.
- - Host can reset an answered question in Poll/Quiz .
- - Host can show his/her myViewBoard portal QR code within the "Poll/Quiz" menu.
- - When exporting responses, the .CSV file now includes the total time (in seconds) each attendee spent to answer a question.
- - Changed the "import document" behavior from appending pages to inserting pages.
- - Laser point now appears on the center of the screen where the main window is located.
- - Tapping the pen menu button on a ViewBoard using a stylus (with a thin and thick end) will open the ViewBoard pen menu.
- - Updated UI layout of the Poll/Quiz main page to accommodate long text in some languages.
- - The video aspect ratio remains intact even if the user resizes the USB camera window.
- - Live Caption shows on the screen where the app is located.
- - When opening a cloud drive, Whiteboard now opens to the last location accessed during the previous session.
- - Users can go to the next or previous student's answer directly by tapping the next or previous button inside the Pop Quiz menu.
- - When inserting a hyperlink on images captured using the screenshot feature of the Embedded browser, Whiteboard autofills the URL field with the URL of the captured webpage.
- - Support for Apple ID Single Sign In.
- - Support for SVG file format. It's now possible to import .svg files and save SVG content to a .vboard file. Added Traditional Chinese support for Live Caption .
- Full support for SVG 1.0
- Supports SVG 2.0 without css.
If the SVG file includes CSS, the image may not display properly, or may not display at all.
- - During desktop mode, no need to tap/click the 'mouse/pen switching' button first to access the Magic Box.
- - Entering an entity email address during installation automatically activates and registers the software under that entity.
- - USB Camera feature has been reworked:
- Greatly reduced CPU usage when the camera is active
- Limited the number of resolution options available to the user
- Removed the option to annotate, erase and move the camera feed
- - Result page interface of Poll/Quiz has been enhanced.
- - Option to edit the length displayed on a polygon.
- - Improved toggle behavior of bullet points in the text editor.
- - AI Pen returns responses much faster.
- - Added support for Arabic language.
- - Added "Voting" and "Random Draw" question types in Poll/Quiz under Magic Box.
- - On the Eraser menu, switching to presentation mode hides the Trash can icon.
- - Significant improvements in stroke smoothness.
- - Added tool tips in the screenshot menu .
- - Use of the mouse middle button to move the canvas without selecting the infinite canvas tool first.
- - Use of the mouse wheel to zoom in/out on the canvas without selecting the infinite canvas tool first.
- - Added support for the Japanese language.
- - Changing themes no longer removes any previously set background image, changes the active pen, or resets text colors.
- - If the inserted AI pen object does not have any closed region, the color fill icon on the adorning menu is hidden.
Releases Q1/Q2 2020
- - Removed option to set "bottom left" and "bottom right" as docking areas of the main menu bar.
- - Flow direction of menus is no longer modified when placing the main toolbar on the right side of a screen.
- - Conversion of user handwriting to text uses the current font size of the text editor.
- - Added host portal QRcode on Poll/Quiz main menu.
- - User is able to hide or show the toolbar of a document camera menu.
- - Added support for the Italian language.
- - Added support for proxy server authentication. When proxy server authentication is required, a pop-up dialog prompts the user to type a valid account name and password to use for the proxy server sign-in.
- - Added Poll/Quiz feature to handle formatted questions. Supported question types include "Multiple Choices" , "True/False" , "Rating" and "Free Response" .
Hosts can save questions in a .vBoard file. Attendees can answer questions through the Companion app or myViewBoard website.
Results can be shown with a bar chart and exported to a .csv file. The feature is available in "Premium" tier and above.
- - Added "Laser Stroke" feature. Host can draw lines using the Companion app to highlight important areas in the canvas. Host can also use the companion app to clean these lines.
- - The default path of all cloud drives when opened has been updated to "root".
- - Whiteboard now keeps the location of the main toolbar after the user switches back to whiteboard mode.
- - Opening a webcam automatically selects 640x480 as the default webcam video resolution.
- - Added option to mute the notification alert sound.
- - Drag any object without selecting the object.
- - Added support for "Starred" folders on Google Drive.
- - Improved connector rendering performance when zooming or moving a canvas.
- - Create a live stream through YouTube Live, Facebook, or WorkPlace from the screen recorder .
- - Lock selected objects, but still be able to move them.
- - Import Google Slides, Docs and Jamboards from Google Drive.
- - Access myViewBoard Original Content background images in the Background management menu.
- - Access myViewBoard Original Content templates in the File management menu.
- - Added support for the Vietnamese language.
- - When drawing shapes or lines, font sizes for length and angle measurements have been increased to provide better readability.
- - Added new hotkey Ctrl+R to open the screen recorder.
- - When saving a selected multimedia resource locally, Whiteboard automatically saves the file to the “Videos”, “Music” or “Pictures” folder (depending on the file type) using an auto-generated file name.
- - Support for the Kannada and Hindi language, which are parts of Indian languages.
- - Support "Throw to Present" for .pptx, .pdf and image files
- - Sign in is no longer required to use the Immersive Reader.
- - Live Captions is available under all modes (preparation, presentation and desktop modes).
- - If you drag and drop an Original Content background image onto a canvas, myViewBoard Originals background images are no longer added to the user defined background folder.
- - Enhanced performance of the Pages in Whiteboard management menu.
- - Added the "eye dropper" function to the color picker.
- - Improved loading time during launch.
- - Added support for the Tamil language, which is one of the Indian languages.
- - Saving a .vboard file no longer clears the undo and redo history.
- - Updated the outline color of selected objects to orange.
- - Aspect ratio of PopQuiz answer images are now preserved and will not be stretched.
- - The user is able to set the language of the handwriting recognition in the settings menu.
- - Palm eraser detection has been improved greatly on all ViewSonic interactive flat panels.
- - Added LiveCaption feature. After signing in, switch to presentation mode to use the feature. When you speak through a microphone, closed captions appear on the top of the screen. The feature is available only for selected accounts. If you are interested, please contact us at https://myviewboard.com/contact/
- - Added audio recording feature. It records audio from a microphone and the system. The feature is located beside the screen recorder button .
- - Assigned background images are no longer saved into the application default settings.
- - The Pen tool is the default active tool after launch.
- - The UI layout of the resource management menu has been changed to make it cleaner.
- - Direction labels of the KoershoekMeter tool have been updated to English.
- - Added "question canvas" on the Pop Quiz menu . When saving a Pop Quiz session, the question is also saved.
- - Improved palm eraser detection with multi-touch.
- - New hotkey Ctrl+Drag to replicate an object.
- - Updated German and Spanish translations
Other Releases (2019)
- - Added Magic Box navigational compass to the Magic Box tools.
- - Added a new entity feature that allows entity administrators to permit or forbid users from signing in to selected entity instances.
- - Users are required to sign before using YouTube search, image search and Immersive Reader.
- - Pages in Whiteboard management UI has been redesigned based on PowerPoint's slide management layout.
- - Option to save the current Pop Quiz session in a folder of a local or cloud drive.
- - Hotkeys have been remapped. Review the complete list of hotkeys at https://wiki.myviewboard.com/Keyboard_Shortcuts
- - The UX of the text editor has been reworked.
- - When saving, audio links inside .vboard files are saved as embedded files.
- - Added a transparency adjustment slider on the 3D dice and XY graph tools.
- - Added a color selection option for the pen on the XY graph tool.
- - Embedded browser has better multi-language support for websites that require the feature.
- - Added 3D dice and XY graph to the Magic Box tools.
- - Added new animation 'fade in'. Additionally, you can apply both 'fade in' and 'fade out', and also specify the animation order on any selected object.
- - Background images are displayed as tiles occupying a 9x9 grid on the canvas.
- - The Education theme has been updated. The default background color is now white, while the default pen and text color has been updated to black.
- - Exported PDF, PPTX or images display the URL of embedded YouTube videos or web widgets.
- - Assign preparation or presentation mode as the default mode after starting the app.
- - Drag and drop any myViewBoard Originals from the Embedded browser onto the canvas.
- - Quality of imported PDF pages have been improved.
- - Added support for Microsoft Immersive Reader. You can launch the Immersive Reader within the Embedded browser by performing a "long-press" on the selected text. You can also use it on a selected text area on the canvas, or from within the text editor.
- - Added support for Google Calendar. After binding Google Calendar, sign in and tap the date on the canvas to view events listed under the "myViewBoard" calendar. Likewise, all events created here will also be saved under the "myViewBoard" calendar.
- - Removed the ⇧ Shift+B and ⇧ Shift+X hotkeys. These keys are now exclusively reserved for typing a capital B or X.
- - Improvements to table cell selection. To select, perform a long press on the table cell to select.
- - Magic Box now includes a tab to search for license-free and family-friendly images .
- - Option to apply four different linear gradient color styles as the background color.
- - New Custom Shape tool converts lines, arrows, and irregular polygons drawn by the user.
- - Option to set default font style, size, and color on the FollowMe in myViewBoard.com.
- - Enhancements to the table adorning menu:
- Insert and delete table rows and columns
- Merge and unmerge cells
- - Magic Box now includes the Windows Math Input Panel in the tool section.
- - Apply fade out animation to selected text objects.
- - Switch between icon or detailed view on the file explorer inside Magic Box.
- - Sort sticky notes by colors in the "My Stickies" menu .
- - Minor UI enhancements to the Object rotation assistance menu.
- - UI displays a progress bar for long operations performed on the canvas.
- - Save recorded video to a bound cloud drive account.
v18.104.22.168 (2019-07-17) Production Hotfix
- - If the 'unbind' command was applied to the integrated Zoom account during a Whiteboard for Windows session, opening the Zoom meeting feature displays an error message. If the user binds the Zoom account again, myViewBoard can refresh the token without requiring the user to log out.
- - Search feature of the YouTube widget has been fixed.
- - Added support for Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish languages.
- - Use of arrow keys to move selected objects.
- - Pressing the left or right arrow key no longer flips pages.
- - Use two fingers to rotate and scale the clock , ruler , triangle and protractor tools.
- - Embedded browser is easier to scroll with touch.
- - Use the Magic Box tool to import .flipchart files.
- - Use the Fill color tool located in the 2D shape menu for 2D shapes, 3D shapes and AI pen objects.
- - Assign a local default background color in FollowMe. After signing in, if no default background image was assigned, the local default background color is applied.
- - When drawing a line with the ruler , the line stops at 0.
- - Drawing behaviors for protractor and compass are now consistent.
- - Measurement for the ruler and compass are now consistent.
- - Objects in imported .notebook or .enb files no longer scale to fit the current canvas size. Original locations and sizes are preserved.
- - Prompt to save the current opened .vboard file when the user double taps on another .vboard file.
- - Easier snap-to-edge behavior
- - Drag and move a group of objects by touch without selecting them first
- - Support for exporting canvases to an .iwb file
- - Improvements to ruler, protractor, compass and clock to be more user friendly
- - Transparency adjustment for strokes, lines, connectors, shapes and 3D shapes via the object menu
- - Host portal URL is shown on a dedicated panel instead of pasting onto the canvas
- - Fade out animation cannot be applied to line, arc, and connector
- - After signing in, shows the host's tier information on the host information panel.
- - Embedded browser supports loading URLs in a new tab.
- - Added fade out animation option on the object menu. In Presentation mode, tap on objects where the effect has been applied to fade these objects out.
- - Combine multiple selected shapes into a single shape via the object menu.
- - Divide an ellipse into multiple pie slices via the object menu.
- - Added support for Polish and Portuguese language.
- - Binding of any cloud service cannot be done within the application.
- - Update of AI Pen and QR Code Sharing permissions according to the up-to-date tiers.