Whiteboard for Android Quick Start Guide
Whiteboard for Android is a digital whiteboard solution designed specifically to be used on an Android device. Whiteboard for Android functions similarly to the Windows version with a few minor differences.
Sign in to Whiteboard for Android
Use Whiteboard with the same Google account, Microsoft account, or email account you used for myViewBoard.com.
- Provide your email and password.
- Click .
- Click one of the following:
- Sign in with Google
- Sign in with Microsoft
- Sign in with Apple
- Provide your email and password.
- Launch the Companion App on your mobile device.
- Sign in using an email address.
- Click the QR Code icon to open the phone's camera.
- Position the phone so that the QR code displayed on the Whiteboard for Android program is inside the QR 'scanner' of the companion app.
If you signed up with a Google or Microsoft account and you need to use the Companion App:
- Go to http://myViewBoard.com.
- Click your avatar and click Change Password.
- Specify a password and click Confirm.
- Sign in using the Companion App.
Customize the Whiteboard Canvas
Click the background menu icon in the bottom left of the screen to change the background. You will see the following options:
Displays custom images uploaded to your cloud storage account.
Sets a solid or gradient color as the background.
Displays backgrounds that come pre-installed with Whiteboard.
Displays original backgrounds created by myViewBoard.
Use images from the user's hard drive.
Select images from the local hard drive to use as background.
It is recommended that selected images match your screen's resolution.
There are also the following options for overlays to the background (can be applied in addition to backgrounds):
Displays a grid over the canvas. The color of the grid changes depending on the background color.
Displays a 'confidential' watermark. The watermark may not be visible on certain background colors.
Displays the current date and time in the top right of the canvas.
Click the icon to show or hide the date and time.
Whiteboard for Android Working Area
The Whiteboard for Android working area is divided into the following areas:
The main area where users work in. By default, the background of the canvas area is blank. However, this can be customized via the following methods:
- Click the Whiteboard background management menu to specify another solid color or one of the predefined images as the background.
- Sign in to your myViewBoard account to load your personal preferences, including any customizations applied to backgrounds, shape lines, and magic pens.
More information: Whiteboard for Android Floating Toolbar
The toolbar allows users to perform operations on the canvas. This toolbar can be moved freely around the canvas area.
Icons in the floating toolbar are the same for both the Android and Windows versions of Whiteboard.
More information: Whiteboard for Android Main Toolbar
The toolbar allows users to add annotations to the canvas area. This toolbar is always fixed to the right, left or bottom side of the program window.
More information: Title bar
A toolbar that appears at the topmost section of the Whiteboard program. If logged in, this toolbar displays the user account currently logged in. It also provides access to the following options:
- Close button
The Floating Toolbar allows users to perform operations on the canvas. This toolbar can be moved freely around the canvas area.
The Floating Toolbar contains the following options:
For more information about Whiteboard for Android, visit the following links:
- Whiteboard for Android
- Whiteboard for Android Quick Start Guide
- Whiteboard for Android Toolbar Icons one page summary
- Download Whiteboard for Android
- Whiteboard for Android Release History