Whiteboard for Android
Whiteboard for Android is a digital whiteboard designed specifically to be used on Android devices. All ViewSonic interactive ViewBoards run a modified version of Android OS (although they can also have a slot-in in Windows PC in addition), and come preinstalled with Whiteboard.
Whiteboard for Android functions similarly to the Windows version with a few minor differences. Both work best on touchscreen devices.
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
- We recommend a minimum screen resolution of 1080p, as buttons may be difficult to see on smaller or lower resolution screens.
- If using a mobile device, we recommend using a table with a screen size of 10-inches or above.
Download and install
To install the app via the Google Play store:
- Go to the Google Play store.
- Search for myViewBoard Whiteboard.
- Click Install.
Alternatively, you can use the following link to install Whiteboard for Android:
To download the APK file:
- Go to myviewboard.com.
- If already signed in, on the top menu click Download myViewBoard applications. A new window should open.
- If not signed in, click Downloads in the top menu. On the new page, click the Whiteboard for Android icon.
- The file should be downloaded to your local drive.
- Open the file to install it.
- You may need to grant permission to install apps from unknown sources.
Enrolling your newly installed Whiteboard is not required. Non-entity users can skip ahead to signing in.
Entity users can complete instance enrollment under their Entity by the following methods:
If you have not yet created a free account, see signing up for a myViewBoard account.
Launch Whiteboard and sign in with the same Google account, Microsoft account, Apple account, or email account you used for myViewBoard.com.
The sign-in panel appears in the bottom-right of the screen. If it is hidden, click to show the sign in panel.
Sign in with your email
- Provide your email and password.
- Click .
Sign in with your Google, Microsoft, or Apple account
- Click one of the following:
- Sign in with Google
- Sign in with Microsoft
- Sign in with Apple
- Provide your email and password and follow the instructions to log in.
Sign in via Companion App with QR Code
- Launch the myViewBoard Companion App on your mobile device (with internet access).
- Sign in using an email address.
- Click the QR Code icon to open the phone's camera.
- Position the phone so that the QR code displayed on the whiteboard is inside the QR code scanner of the companion app.
Whiteboard working area
Whiteboard contains an infinite canvas and the ability to add more pages. There is the main toolbar, by default located at the bottom of the screen (it can be snapped to either the sides or bottom), and the floating toolbar, which can be freely dragged around.
For basic digital whiteboarding, there is the pen, shapes, eraser, and text tools.
For more advanced interactive media, use Magic Box. From here you can import local or cloud files, add sticky notes, mathematical tools, search approved web images, use the device camera, view files shared to the whiteboard via Throw, and host Pop Quizzes.
Main toolbar icons
Toolbar that allows users to add annotations to the canvas area. This toolbar is always fixed to the right, left or bottom side of the program window.
Opens the built-in browser to access internet resources.
Draws lines and shapes with different styles. Click again to display shape options.
Wireless Presentation (available on some devices)
Certain ViewBoard models also support Wireless Presentation, which allows screen sharing from the Whiteboard to other devices, and sharing other devices' screens to the Whiteboard (via myviewboard.com).
Unfortunately, not all devices can support this feature. Workarounds:
- Use myViewBoard Live to share the whiteboard screen to others - this is a separate app, but can share your screen while using Whiteboard.
- To receive screens from other devices, use myViewBoard Display. This app is preloaded on most ViewBoards. The person sharing their screen does not need to download any software, just go to myviewboard.com/display.
Note: Please make sure your myViewBoard account is Premium or Entity in order to have access to this feature.
Whiteboard includes a built-in web browser. This can be used to access webpages just like any other browser.
Import lessons and content
- Whiteboard can display your existing content in many common filetypes, such as Microsoft PowerPoint, many image and video files, and also PDF files.
- Import content by first clicking or tapping Magic Box in the main toolbar. From here you can navigate local (device) storage , or your cloud storage account such as OneDrive or Google Drive (click here to read how to link you third-party accounts to your myViewBoard account).
Pen, eraser, shapes, text tools These core digital whiteboard tools are always visible and accessible from the main toolbar.
Double tap/click each icon for extra options, listed below. There are also undo and redo features in the main toolbar.
From Magic Box, click the Pop Quiz icon to create a quiz, which participants can answer from their devices. The teacher can view answers from this icon. Users must be signed in to create Pop Quizzes.
Floating toolbar icons
This toolbar can be moved freely around the canvas area.
Drag to move the Floating Toolbar around the canvas.
Switches the canvas to fullscreen mode.
Inserts the current clipboard content onto the canvas.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, displays the previous page.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, displays the next page.
Adds a new page to the canvas.
Change the background
Change the background by clicking the icon in the bottom left of the screen. You can import images from local and cloud storage, use myViewBoard custom backgrounds, or set a solid color.
myViewBoard also provides free content for educators to use, accessible from the background management pop-out window. ViewSonic Originals are regularly updated and are also accessible from this page.
Displays custom images uploaded to your cloud storage account.
Sets a solid or gradient color as the background.
Displays backgrounds that come pre-installed with Whiteboard.
Displays original backgrounds created by myViewBoard.
Use images from the user's hard drive.
Select images from the local hard drive to use as background.
It is recommended that selected images match your screen's resolution.
There are also the following options for overlays to the background (can be applied in addition to backgrounds):
Displays a grid over the canvas. The color of the grid changes depending on the background color.
Displays the current date and time in the top right of the canvas.
Click the icon to show or hide the date and time.
Whiteboard can be used to collaborate and present ideas to those onsite, and those online but at a different location. Users can record and stream their screens. Viewers can also wirelessly share files to the whiteboard, without having to install any software.
Record your session
In the main toolbar click the Screen Capture icon . From the new window, you will have the following options:
Full screenshot of current screen, pasted onto canvas.
Draw a rectangular area and release to take a screenshot. The image is pasted onto the canvas.
Open Record overlay.Use this to record your screen and save locally.
Requires the Record app to have been installed already.
Open myViewBoard Live as an overlay. Use this to livestream to sites like YouTube or Facebook.
Requires Live to have been installed already.