Whiteboard for Android
Whiteboard for Android is a digital whiteboard solution designed specifically to be used on an Android device. Whiteboard for Android functions similarly to the Windows version with a few minor differences.
For an introduction, information and tutorials on using Whiteboard for Android, see the following guides:
Download and Install
Before installation, verify that the device meets the following requirements:
- The device is running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher. For optimal performance, Android 7.0 (Nougat) is recommended.
- There is no restriction on screen size. However, a resolution of 1080p or higher is recommended for optimal experience. Some UI elements may become inaccessible on smaller screens.
To install the app via the Google Play store:
- Go to the Google Play store.
- Search for the Whiteboard for Android app.
- Click Install.
Alternatively, you can use the following link to install Whiteboard for Android:
If the device does not have Google Play store:
- Go to http://myViewBoard.com
- Click Downloads.
- Click Whiteboard for Android Download.
- Using a QR code reader app, take a picture of the QR code to get the download link.
- Open the download link to start downloading the apk.
- After the download is complete, click the apk file to start installation.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
To download the APK file directly, see Download.
Some Interactive Flat Panel displays have Whiteboard for Android installed by default. To launch Whiteboard for Android on these devices, click the slide tool bar, and select the myViewBoard logo. Whiteboard for Android automatically starts.
Integration with myViewBoard.com
To get the most out of Whiteboard for Android, users need to create a complimentary myViewBoard account at http://www.myviewboard.com. Users can sign up with their Google, Microsoft or a regular email address. Having a myViewBoard account provides the following benefits:
- Sign in from anywhere
- Load personal settings and customizations
- Access to files stored in linked cloud storage services
- Use all the features of Whiteboard
Whiteboard for Android can still be used without signing in. However, some features will be unavailable.
For more information, see signing up for a myViewBoard account.
On first run, the android app prompts the user to select the account type to activate.
For a personal account:
- Click Personal.
- Provide a myViewBoard account to activate the application.
- myViewBoard Name
- Email address to receive the activation email.
- Specify a Theme.
- Click Submit. The app may automatically close at this point.
- Before re-opening the Whiteboard for Android app, go to your email client and activate the account by clicking the link in the activation email.
- Restart the Whiteboard for Android app, and try signing in.
For entity accounts:
- Click Entity.
- A QR code will be displayed.
- Ask an Entity Admin to use his Companion App to activate the application.
- Close and restart the Whiteboard for Android app, and try signing in.
You will need to go through these steps again if the 'Clear data' and "Clear cache' actions was applied to the Whiteboard for Android app.
Whiteboard for Android Working Area
The Whiteboard for Android working area is divided into the following areas:
Main area where users work in. By default, the background of the canvas area is blank. However, this can be customized via the following methods:
- Click the Whiteboard background management menu to specify another solid color, or one of the predefined images as the background.
- Sign in to your myViewBoard account to load your personal preferences, including any customizations applied to backgrounds, shape lines and magic pens.
More information: Whiteboard Floating Toolbar
Toolbar that allows users to perform operations on the canvas. This toolbar can be moved freely around the canvas area.
Move Floating toolbar
Drag to move the Floating Toolbar around the canvas.
Switches the canvas to fullscreen mode, hiding the Windows task bar and title bar.
Paste from clipboard
Insert the current clipboard content onto the canvas.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, move to the previous page.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, move to the next page.
Add a new page to the canvas.
Pages in Whiteboard
Click to manage pages.
Select Live Caption language
Change the language of the Live Captions feature. This feature is available by request.
Turn on captions for speech. This feature is available by request.
More information: Whiteboard for Android Main Toolbar
Toolbar that allows users to add annotations to the canvas area. This toolbar is always fixed to the right, left or bottom side of the program window.
Enable and manage casts. Only available on selected IFPs.
Displays options for capturing the contents of the canvas.
Click and drag to move toolbar to the side of the screen.
Displays options for opening, saving, and exporting files.
Displays various tools that you can insert into the canvas.
Drag to move the canvas. Use two hands to zoom in/out.
Selects objects, text and pictures.
Draws freehand lines and squiggles. Click again to open pen options.
Erases objects, based on the last mode selected.
Shapes and Lines
Draws lines and shapes with different styles.
Text and Handwriting
Creates a textbox. Click again to switch to handwriting recognition.
Reverses the previous action
Reverses the previous undo action.
Pages in Whiteboard
Creates, selects, sorts, and deletes pages.
More information: Title bar
A toolbar that appears at the topmost section of the Whiteboard program. If logged in, this toolbar displays the user account currently logged in. It also provides access to the following options:
- Close button
The following icons are available on selected Interactive Flat Panels (IFPs) only.
Differences with Whiteboard for Windows
Whiteboard for Android includes almost the same features as the Whiteboard for Windows program, except for the following differences:
- Compared to the Whiteboard for Windows program, the main toolbar in the Whiteboard for Android app does not have the Windows Toggle and the Cast tools. Whiteboard for Android does not support casting. However, selected ViewBoard models may be preinstalled with special IFP versions of the Whiteboard for Android app that support casting.
- Whiteboard for Android does not have a handle bar to resize the Whiteboard program.
- Whiteboard for Windows has additional 'quick access' icons on its title bar. These features are not displayed on Whiteboard for Android title bar, but they can still be accessed by doing the following:
- - Help - Click the settings menu, and then click the icon
- - Integrated cloud solutions - Click the Magic Box tool, and click the icon of the integrated cloud service.
For more information about Whiteboard for Android, visit the following links:
- Whiteboard for Android
- Whiteboard for Android Quick Start Guide
- Whiteboard for Android Toolbar Icons one pager
- Download Whiteboard for Android
- Whiteboard for Android Release History