Whiteboard for Android Release History
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
NEW v1.42.3 August 29, 2022
- Whiteboard enrollment as entity instance:
- Instance activation process is now removed.
- IT Admin can use the Companion app to scan a QR code to complete a Whiteboard enrollment form, adding this instance to Software Instances (which you can view after signing into myviewboard.com > Entity Management).
- Any entity user can use their entity account credentials to enroll the Whiteboard.
- Downloading and installing Whiteboard on any Android phone will no longer be allowed.
- On ChromeOS devices, Whiteboard will launch as a maximized window in landscape.
v1.41.2 (July 2022)
- The Romanian language is now supported.
- Live and Record has been removed.
- The Whiteboard logo has been updated.
- Favorites folder is now accessible from the Backgrounds menu or File management menu.
- Czech, Greek, Hungarian, and Ukrainian languages are now supported.
- Italian language is now supported within Live Captions.
- Access entire Originals lessons through the embedded browser. Go to myviewboard.com/originals in the embedded browser, go to your desired Originals lesson page, and you will see an open in Whiteboard button.
- Polls/Quizzes can now be imported from a VBOARD or OLF file.
- Files can be exported into BMP format.
- View recent files when browsing through Google Drive folders.
- OLF files saved can be opened and used in Classroom.
Releases Q3/Q4 2021
- Backup mode is disabled by default. Change the setting to Enable to save your files.
- Provides a more secure way for Android 11 users by supporting the updated storage access framework based on Google’s policy. - More user-friendly behavior of Compass when rotating and adjusting the drawing - Better and consistent use of Pen while stretching - Fixed user interface issue in Magic Box: unsupported filetypes are filtered out in OneDrive for Business - Removed “Color” and “Opacity" in the Adorning menu of “Highlighter” and “Math Tools”
- - Open Learning Format (.olf) filetype is here! OLF is created by myViewBoard. You can use the same file between myViewBoard Whiteboard for Android and myViewBoard Whiteboard for Windows from now on!
- - New user feedback survey for myViewBoard Whiteboard is available in the Settings > Submit feedback
- - "Add a new page" is supported on presentation mode.
https://is displayed in the web hyperlink field when adding an URL.
- - Support Thai language.
- - Improve the functionality related to the thickness of line when scaling.
- - Fixed issue with files loaded from USB on Chromebooks - such files should appear normally now.
- - Fixed issue with exporting .IWB files to cloud storage when using Chromebooks.
- - Fixed UI issue relating to background colors.
Releases Q1/Q2 2021
- - Add a special notification to stay signed in. User will HEAR and SEE the notification before auto sign-out. In addition, user click or tap on the canvas to cancel auto sign-out.
- - Implement quick selections of “Eraser”, containing “a regular eraser”, “use a lasso to erase strokes and objects” and “clear everything on the canvas”.
- - Support the new background setting related to myViewBoard Originals.
- - Support to open a new tab when click “Dashboard” of Classroom.
- - Fixed saving issues related to IFP 50-4.
- - Protractor of Math tools is available now!
- - Objects can be auto-resized proportionately for different screen resolutions.
- - Change icon position of Embedded browser and "Page management".
- - Update Original Content background icon.
- - Update brief guide background images for multiple languages.
- - Keep same behavior of rotating strokes drew by Shape Pen as Whiteboard for Windows.
- - Show thumbnail of thrown files of Pop Quiz.
- - Fine tune Stylus and PalmEraser threshold settings for IFP50-4.
- - Update a new splash screen.
- - Enlarge the background menu image which allows our users to view more items at once.
- - [Bug Fix] “Can't import google slide and google doc on Whiteboard for Android”
- - Fixed issues related to cloud storage, such as OneDrive/OneDrive Business/Box may disconnect.
- - Fixed issues related to Chromebook, such as “Cannot use the mouse to put Clips or YouTube widget” and “After moving the camera screen and taking a screenshot, the displayed image is the opposite.”
- - Supports new language options, changeable on the fly.
- - Compass tool introduced, accessible from Magic Box .
- - The eraser can only remove an object by tapping on it.
- - When taking a snapshot of an imported video, the snapshot will match the video (fixed bug with image orientation).
- - The text editor and text area have been reworked in order to be more user friendly.
- - Support Apple ID Single Sign On (SSO).
- - SSO portal opens in device default browser.
- - Added clearer error message when file upload to Google Team Drive fails.
Releases Q3/Q4 2020
- - Now supports Google Drive
shared with mefiles and folders.
- - If 'Session Password' is enabled in FollowMe settings, the four-digit password can be viewed from the host information panel.
- - Updated PopQuiz menu:
- Added a button to show/hide session QR code and password.
- Added a button to show/hide the question panel.
- Added a button to show/hide all answers at once.
- - Users can now scale a shape object without changing its stroke width.
- - What's New menu now has support for multiple languages.
- - Notification added for idle-sign-out period after a host signs in.
- - Fine tune the palm eraser on ViewBoard 70 series.
v1.21.4 (2020-11-02) Modifications
- - Time string updated to use the 24-hour clock format. Date string formats follow the rules below:
- yyyy/mm/dd: Arabic
- dd-MM-yyyy: Danish, Finnish, French, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
- MM-dd-yyyy: All other languages
- - Option to import pages from a .PDF file. The import screen shows a preview of each PDF page where the user can select up to 15 pages.
If the system is low on memory, it will pop up an error message and abort the action.
- - Added support for receiving texts and web page URLs via Throw feature.
v1.20.4 (2020-10-12) Features
- - Added support for proxy server account authentication.
- - Modified the grid view of the file browser image scale type to support showing SVG objects.
- - When inserting a hyperlink on images captured using the screenshot feature of the embed browser, Whiteboard autofills the URL field with the URL of the captured webpage.
v1.19.4 (2020-09-07) Features
- - Ability to import Google Slide, Doc and Jam as images.
- - Added support for "Cast Out" feature.
- - Palm eraser now erases strokes only.
- - Consistent default width applied for "Pen" , "Shape Pen" and "Magic Line Pen" .
- - When user tries to overwrite an image file, a warning message is displayed.
v1.18.4 (2020-08-03) Features
- - Added support for Dutch language.
- - Taiwan MOE sign in only available for users in Taiwan.
- - QR Code activation string: modified “Revoke” to “Cancel”.
- - Reduce pen default size from 6 to 4.
- - Remove bottom left and bottom right corners of main tool bar dock areas.
- - Removed pdf import page limit, instead, change to use memory check. (Import will stop if available memory left is less than 15%)
v1.17.6 (2020-07-06) Features
- - Added Finnish Support.
- - Enable Screen recorder button to redirect users to Google Play store is user does not have the application installed.
- - Group function can still be used after objects have been de-grouped.
Releases Q1/Q2 2020
v1.16.3 (2020-05-21) Features
- - Added 3D shapes option in Shape function. Options include Cube , Sphere , Pyramid , Cone , and Cylinder .
- - Users can now add sticky notes to the canvas.
- - Added support for Italian Language.
- - Page management menu interface redesigned to look more similar to PowerPoint.
- - Document camera default resolution changed to 640x480.
- - Cast-in and Cast-out list preview will be scaled accordingly.
- - Updated multi-language wordings.
v1.15.3 (2020-04-24) Features
- - Google Admin activate the mechanism for G-Suite business and enterprise tiers.
- - Implement myViewBoard Activator active mechanism for G-suite education and basic tiers.
- - Laser Stroke display: disappearing highlighter function.
- - Language Support: Danish and Swedish.
- - If only one camera is available, the Integrated Camera starts immediately when activated. If multiple cameras are available, a list will be shown after activation.
- - myViewBoard Clips shortcut available in Magic Box .
- - Default path of Cloud drive changed to "root"
- - Backgrounds can now be imported from the cloud.
v1.14.1 (2020-03-26) Features
- - Take snapshot for Video objects.
- - Adorning menu now supports saving video, audio, and GIF files to the local or cloud drive.
- - Added support for Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, and Vietnamese languages.
- - Hyperlink feature added to Adorning menu.
- - Position of Shortcuts and Date/Time in Presentation mode has been moved aside for better presentation.
- - Removed file size limitation when importing PDF files.
- - Images can be saved to USB drive.
v1.13.5 (2020-03-02) Features
- - Support for Host Management feature for all available functions.
- - Support for Throw to Present feature for image files.
- - Performing a Throw and Present action on an image file no longer triggers presentation mode.
- - Support for the Group feature on duplicated AI Pen objects.
- - Inserted PDFs are automatically locked after import.
- - PDF files sent via Throw and Present will appear in present mode directly.
- - Multiple pages can now be exported as png/jpg.
v1.12.2 (2020-02-10) Features
- - In PopQuiz , users are able to propose a question and allow secondary users to send answers to Whiteboard for Android from their mobile phone app or web page.
- - Removed "Tool" subsection from the help page.
- - Cast menu is no longer shown after login.
- - Fixed the ungrouping behavior when function is used multiple times on the same object(s).
- - GIF images are no longer static when downloaded.
v1.11.5 (2020-01-08) Features
- - Added Layering function to Adorning menu. Users can change the layer position of objects on canvas.
- - Added Recall function. Users can unsend/recall files thrown to Whitebord and file will no longer be available for download on Whiteboard.
- - YouTube is now only available on the webview version.
- - Whiteboard default display setting at startup is now a white background.
- - Added monthly "What's New" YouTube video on the "What's New" dialog.
- - Adorner icons in Adorning menu have been reordered to conserve space.
Other Releases (2019)
v1.10.7 (2019-12-03) Features
- - Added support for "Box" cloud drive . After binding the Box cloud drive service in myviewboard.com, sign in and open the Magic box to view all user files saved on the the Box cloud drive service. Also, you can now save files into the connected Box cloud drive account.
- - Added "Launch on Android start up" in the Settings menu.
- - Added "Mode after start" options in the Settings menu (Preparation and Presentation).
- - Users are required to sign before using YouTube search, image search and Immersive Reader.
- - The Education theme has been updated. Default background color is now white, while the default pen and text color have been updated to black.
- - Added title to Youtube widgets.
- - Automatically save Youtube widgets when saving/opening the .iwb file.
v1.9.2 (2019-11-04) Features
- - Companion app can open the Host-URL menu and use the QR code sharing feature.
- - Added Search images feature in Magic box.
- - Adjust the transparency of lines, arrows, strokes or shapes using the side tool bar.
- - Improved activation flow: users can start using the application without activation.
- - Change the default background style settings for the Education Theme.
- - Hide touch keyboard when the search button is clicked.
- - Insert a YouTube video onto a canvas from the embedded browser .
- - Added more tutorial YouTube videos in the Help Menu .
- - Save and restore the current search results of a YouTube video search.
v1.8.3 (2019-10-07) Features
- - Added YouTube Video Widgets, which has the following features:
- Search YouTube video
- List results
- Single click video to play video
- Double click text to add a new widget on the canvas
- - Support for Follow Me Font and Pen settings
- - Remove Unsplashed images as background image source from the screen saver
- - Added default application text font name and font size in the Settings menu
- - Improved the performance of inking
v1.7.4 (2019-09-09) Features
- - Added support for casting in on Android 7 and later
- - Horizontally flip the front facing camera preview image in order to keep the same orientation with the back facing camera
- - Import .IWB files from cloud drives and Throw sessions
v1.5.3 (2019-07-01) Features
- - Select the Shape pen or Magic Line pen in the pen style menu.
- - Added short URL inside the host information panel.
- - Change the stroke width and color of an AI pen object.
v1.4.1 (2019-06-03) Features
- - Ability to flip all basic annotations.
- - Open, save and modify files on OneDrive.
- - Use a QR code to share canvases saved on Google Drive or OneDrive.
- - Added the Screenshot and Erase all buttons on the embedded browser .
- - After signing in, the host information panel displays the host's price tier.
v1.3.2 (2019-05-06) Features
- - Import images, videos and audios from your personal One Drive.
- - Erase strokes partially
v1.2.1 (2019-04-01) Features
- - Added support for "myViewBoard Throw" feature .
- - Added support for Portuguese language.
- - Default value for watermark and grid lines visibility is off
- - UI layout direction changes based on the main toolbar's location
- - New background images for portrait mode
Access online resources to learn more about myViewBoard.
Security and Policy
Find out about myViewBoard secure connections.
Follow us on social media and get notified of the latest news and updates.