Whiteboard is a web based collaborative whiteboard system.
For introduction, information and tutorials on using Whiteboard, see the following guides:
Whiteboard is accessible online, but works best if used with the Chrome browser (or any other Chrome-based browser). Digital Whiteboard uses WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication) API to achieve screen sharing across various platforms such as Chromebook, PC, and Mac.
Whiteboard does not support Internet Explorer. Users are recommended to upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Edge to access Whiteboard.
Participating in a Whiteboard Session
Perform the following steps to participate in a Whiteboard session:
To join a Whiteboard session:
- Wait for the teacher to send you the session URL or scan the QR Code provided by the teacher.
- Use a web browser to go to the session URL provided by the teacher.
- On the new window, provide a name and a log in code if you are a student. The log in code is provided by your Whiteboard host. For guest, the log in code is automatically entered.
To host a Whiteboard session:
- Sign in to https://myviewboard.com, and click on the 'Whiteboard' icon.
- The next window provides three options to join Whiteboard session:
- Login code - participants who are in the same room as the host
- QR code - best for users who are using mobile devices
- URL link - send through instant messaging.
- Distribute the code to all participants, and wait for them to join the session using one of the options above.
After signing in, users are presented with a blank canvas. Whiteboard provides the following options to manage the session:
Opens options to change the canvas background.
Adjust zoom options.
Manage participants by placing them in groups.
Displays help for common Whiteboard tasks and questions.
Displays information about the user currently logged in.
Settings that affect the current session.
Whiteboard Toolbar Icons
For more details about the icons that appear in Whiteboard, see Whiteboard Icons.
The main toolbar contains tools that allow users to add annotations to the canvas area. This toolbar is always fixed to the right, left or bottom side of the program window. The appearance of icons in the toolbar vary depending on the selected theme.
Whiteboard includes the following icons in the toolbar:
Click and drag to move toolbar to the side of the screen.
Displays options for importing and exporting PDF files.
Displays various tools that you can insert into the canvas.
In Presentation mode, allows zooming and moving the canvas .
Selects objects, text and pictures.
Draws freehand lines and squiggles. Click again to open pen options.
Erases objects, based on the last mode selected. Click again to display eraser options.
Draws lines and shapes with different styles. Click again to display shape options.
Creates a textbox. Click again to switch to handwriting recognition.
Reverses the previous action.
Reverses the previous undo action.
Creates, selects, sorts, and deletes pages.
The Floating Toolbar allows users to perform operations on the canvas. This toolbar can be moved freely around the canvas area.
Drag to move the Floating Toolbar around the canvas.
Activate Present Mode to disable annotation tools.
Activate Create Mode to enable annotation tools.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, displays the previous page.
Switches the canvas to fullscreen mode.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, displays the next page.
Adds a new page to the canvas.
Opens the polling window.
Displays text over the students screen to temporarily prevent interaction.