Using myViewBoard in Distance Learning
myViewBoard is optimized for distance learning, allowing educators to interact with their students even if they are not present in the same physical location.
Distance learning is any form of remote education where the student is not physically present for the lesson. With a variety of course types to choose from, there is a rise in flexible and affordable education options. In fact, there are a number of advantages of learning remotely over even traditional teaching models. To learn more, see the following resources:
- What Is Distance Learning? And Why Is It So Important?
- myViewboard Distance Learning: Beyond the Classroom
Teaching recommendations for Distance Learning
Educators can perform the following activities using myViewBoard:
Sharing myViewBoard sessions using messaging apps
Educators also have the option of using existing screen-sharing applications to share their myViewBoard lessons. This also permits face to face communication, even if participants are not physically in the same room.
We've summarized the most common ones below.
Use Zoom to share myViewBoard
Use Skype to share myViewBoard
Use GoToMeeting to share myViewBoard
Use WebEx to share myViewBoard
Use Google Hangouts to share myViewBoard
Use U-Meeting to share myViewBoard
For more details, see Zoom integration.
myViewBoard supports integration with a GoToMeeting account to allow the use of myViewBoard software during meetings.
You may need to install the GoToMeeting launcher first to use this feature.
Connect myViewBoard with GoToMeeting.
- On myViewBoard.com, go to the FollowMe screen.
- On the FollowMe screen, click Cloud Integration on the side menu.
- From the list of services, click GoToMeeting.
- On the next window, sign in to connect myViewBoard with your GoToMeeting account.
Start GoToMeeting within Whiteboard.
- Sign in to Whiteboard for Windows.
- On the Whiteboard title bar, click on the cloud services dropdown.
- Click the GoToMeeting icon.
- The GoToMeeting application starts with the Share screen feature enabled.
For more details, see Integrating with GoToMeeting.
To enable integration with Skype for Business, verify that Skype for Business is already installed, then perform the following steps:
- Launch Whiteboard for Windows.
- Sign in to Whiteboard for Windows with a supported account to integrate with Skype for Business.
Most entities usually assign the same username for myViewBoard for Windows and Skype for Business, but check first with your account administrator to verify.
- Click the Wireless Presentation icon.
- Click the Skype icon to launch Skype and automatically sign in.
Before sharing your screen, launch Whiteboard for Windows to set up your presentation first.
- Launch the Cisco Webex Meetings application
- Click Start a Meeting on the main window.
- On the Personal Room window, click Start Meeting.
- On the meeting window, click Share > Share My Meeting Window.
The message "You're sharing your meeting window" appears at the top edge of your screen. At this point, everything on your screen (including Whiteboard for Windows) will be shown to all meeting participants.
- Alternatively, you can also select from the icons on the bottom.
Once all participants in the meeting are able to see your screen, switch to Whiteboard for Windows and go through your presentation.
To stop sharing after you're done:
- Hover your mouse over the "You're sharing your meeting window" message.
- From the top menu that slides down, select Stop sharing.
To share your myViewBoard session using U-meeting:
- Click Start Meeting Now.
- Invite participants.
- After the participants have joined, click the Sharing icon at the bottom.
- Select Share Desktop. On the next dialog, click Share Desktop again to confirm.
- If successful, the U-meeting app launches then "hides" a sharing menu on the upper side of the screen.
- Switch to your myViewBoard session and present as usual.
- After your presentation, hover your mouse on the sharing menu at the top of your screen, and click Stop Sharing.