Using myViewBoard in Distance Learning
myViewBoard is optimized for remote learning, allowing educators to connect with their students online. Activities that educators can perform using myViewBoard include:
- Face to face interaction
- Share the teacher's screen for instructional purposes
- Host a live Q and A session
- Record a lesson that students can view at their leisure
Educators also have the option of using existing platforms to share their myViewBoard lessons. Additionally, this permits face to face communication, even if participants are not physically be in the same room.
To learn how to share myViewBoard using these platforms, click on a link below:
For more details, see Zoom integration.
myViewBoard supports integration with a GoToMeeting account to allow the use of myViewBoard software during meetings.
You may need to install the GoToMeeting launcher first to use this feature.
Connect myViewBoard with GoToMeeting.
- On myViewBoard.com, go to the FollowMe screen.
- On the FollowMe screen, click Cloud Integration on the side menu.
- From the list of services, click GoToMeeting.
- On the next window, sign in to connect myViewBoard with your GoToMeeting account.
Start GoToMeeting within Whiteboard.
- Sign in to Whiteboard for Windows.
- On the Whiteboard title bar, click on the cloud services dropdown.
- Click the GoToMeeting icon.
- The GoToMeeting application starts with the Share screen feature enabled.
For more details, see Integrating with GoToMeeting.
To enable integration with Skype for Business, verify that Skype for Business is already installed, then perform the following steps:
- Launch Whiteboard for Windows.
- Sign in to Whiteboard for Windows with a supported account to integrate with Skype for Business.
Most entities usually assign the same username for myViewBoard for Windows and Skype for Business, but check first with your account administrator to verify.
- Click the Wireless Presentation icon.
- Click the Skype icon to launch Skype and automatically sign in.
Before sharing your screen, launch Whiteboard for Windows to set up your presentation first.
- Launch the Cisco Webex Meetings application
- Click Start a Meeting on the main window.
- On the Personal Room window, click Start Meeting.
- On the meeting window, click Share > Share My Meeting Window.
The message "You're sharing your meeting window" appears at the top edge of your screen. At this point, everything on your screen (including Whiteboard for Windows) will be shown to all meeting participants.
- Alternatively, you can also select from the icons on the bottom.
Once all participants in the meeting are able to see your screen, switch to Whiteboard for Windows and go through your presentation.
To stop sharing after you're done:
- Hover your mouse over the "You're sharing your meeting window" message.
- From the top menu that slides down, select Stop sharing.