Throw allows users to send images, videos, and other documents wirelessly from their device to a Whiteboard session. No download necessary.
Before using Throw
- To use Throw, make sure you are signed in to Whiteboard (see sign in to Whiteboard for a guide).
- Share your Whiteboard session ID to your audience, either as a URL or a QR code. The session ID is the myViewBoard name that appears in the top left of the Whiteboard. Users can Throw files to your Whiteboard session from a web browser or the myViewBoard Companion App. This is the same method for using Pop Quiz and Polls.
Note: On Whiteboard for iOS, the host can long-press the QR code to copy the session URL. Alternatively, the QR code can be dragged onto the canvas so the audience can access the QR code at any time.
How to use Throw
On the audience side, simply use a web browser or the myViewBoard Companion app to access the web portal for the host session.
Throw using the Whiteboard Portal webpage
The host may instruct users to go to a Whiteboard portal webpage to interact with the active Whiteboard session. To get the portal URL, the host must click the session's myViewBoard Name located on the top right corner of the titlebar to display the Portal URL or a QR code to share. The Portal is an online page that users can access without the need to sign in. It is recommended that participants use a Chromium-based browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the public portal.
The portal URL uses the following URL format:
- Enter your name or nickname and click Confirm.
- Under Throw files to the Whiteboard, click upload, or drag and drop files into the area below.
- The selected object is automatically sent.
Throw using myViewBoard Companion
Throw lets you share files or photos from your device to an ongoing Whiteboard session. Follow these steps to use this feature:
- Tap the Throw icon.
- Select Camera or Browse, and then take a picture or select your desired file.
- On the next screen, enter the Host Whiteboard name, or scan the QR code of the Whiteboard.
- Tap the icon to send the file.
If successful, the Whiteboard session host should receive a notification.
Once Companion is installed, it will also appear under the default Android or iOS Share/Send options alongside other apps.
View thrown content on the Whiteboard
The Whiteboard host will receive a notification for each file thrown to the whiteboard. Click a notification, or open the Throw window in Magic Box to view shared files.