The Send screen feature allows users to send a live video stream of their screen to others. This is useful in the following situations:
- If you have a large audience and everyone needs to see what’s on the myViewBoard screen
- It can be easier to cast a screen to the board without physically hooking a device
Note that the myViewBoard Extension for Chrome is required to use this feature.
Using Send Screen
- Go to myViewBoard.com.
- Click the 'Send your screen to a viewboard' icon.
Note that you need to install the myViewBoard Extension for Chrome to use this feature.
- On the window that appears, provide your name and the myViewBoard Name of the session that receives the cast.
The myViewBoard session must be online.
- Click Share.
- If using multiple screens, select which screen you want to cast.
- Click the message to allow myViewBoard to access your screen.
- If successful, the following message appears on your screen.
myViewBoard.com is sharing your screen.
Inform the host of the myViewBoard session of the name you provided. The host must select your name from the list of senders to view your screen. For more information, see Wireless Presentation.
The following controls at the bottom of the screen share window allows you to:
- An icon to turn the computer’s microphone on or off
- A quick switch menu which pulls up other devices and lets you switch to another computer on the fly
- A screenshot tool allowing you to capture what’s being displayed
- A full screen button and a button to close the window
- Multiple screens may be displayed at once although network performance may suffer.
- While someone is sharing, their screen is displayed live, with some delay depending on the network speed.
- Anything the you do on board (including anything you say) is captured via video and audio.
- While sending a screen, users can record a video of your screen or take screenshots.
- Users are not required to sign in into http://myViewBoard.com to send a screen.