The Send screen feature allows users to send a live video stream of their screen to others. This is useful in the following situations:
- If you have a large audience and everyone needs to see what’s on the myViewBoard screen
- It can be easier to cast a screen to the board without physically hooking a device
Note that the myViewBoard Extension for Chrome is required to use this feature.
Using Send Screen
- Go to myViewBoard.com.
- Click the 'Send your screen to a viewboard' icon.
Note that you need to install the myViewBoard Extension for Chrome to use this feature.
- On the window that appears, provide your name and the myViewBoard Name of the session that receives the cast.
The myViewBoard session must be online.
- Click Share.
- If using multiple screens, select which screen you want to cast.
- Click the message to allow myViewBoard to access your screen.
- If successful, the following message appears on your screen.
myViewBoard.com is sharing your screen.
The following controls at the bottom of the screen share window allows you to:
- an icon to turn the computer’s microphone on or off
- a quick switch menu (which pulls up other devices and lets you switch to another computer on the fly
- a screenshot tool (allowing you to capture what’s being displayed
- a full screen button and a button to close the window
- Multiple screens may be displayed at once although network performance may suffer.
- While someone is sharing, their screen is displayed live, with some delay depending on the network speed.
- Anything the you do on board (including anything you say) is captured via video and audio.
- While sending a screen, users can record a video of your screen or take screenshots.
- Users are not required to sign in into http://myViewBoard.com to send a screen.