Make a Color Wheel
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Do you teach your students about color in three-dimensions? Color wheels show us how colors are related. They remind artists how to mix and think about colors.
- Understand color mixing.
- Identify primary, secondary, and tertiary colors.
- Define warm and cool colors.
- What two primary colors are mixed to make the secondary color? Use the real-life objects to see how red, yellow, and blue mix to make a new color.
- Complete the color wheel with secondary colors.
- Complete the color wheel with tertiary colors.
- Complete the color wheel and identify primary, secondary, and tertiary colors.
- Drag the warm/cool colors to the group.
- Create your own color-wheel flowers.