Lantern Festival: How to Make a Sky Lantern?
🏮 Lantern Festival is a Chinese festival celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first month in the lunisolar Chinese calendar. In Taiwan, the Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival is one of the most colorful activities of the Lantern Festival and was voted by the Discovery Channel as the second biggest New Year's Eve celebration in the world. This is used as symbols of peace and good fortune when the “sky lanterns” release into the air as a prayer for the coming year.
During the covid-19 pandemic, in a science lesson, teachers can have a virtual rise lantern festival activity for kids to learn how to make a sky lantern (hot air balloon) and make all their wishes and hopes as the sky lanterns with their lights are rising to slow into heaven for the beginning of happiness and dreams of this year.🎈
Let’s celebrate this festival virtually and learn How to Make a Sky Lantern. We based on STEAM ideas to design the myViewBoard Originals - Lantern Festival activities and Online Sky-Lantern Game to make learning fun, engaged, interactive, and work through the creative process to inspire and bring your lessons to life.
- Begin with Video-assisted Learning to help build the background of Rise Lantern Festival.
- What are the traditional activities during Lantern Festival?
- Why does the sky lantern can fly in the air? Creating animations to introduce the thermal dynamics of a balloon.
- Practice the mass, volume, and density three problems that walk students through how to identify the known and unknown and what formula to use to work independently. This science graphic organizer will aid students in identifying and defining mass, volume, and density and how they are mathematically related.
- Play the Online Sky-Lantern Game, let’s start making a Sky Lantern!
- Write down your New Year’s resolutions and all the wishes will come true!