myViewBoard Sens is a data-driven solution that acts as a school’s secondary guide. This device provides insights revealing classroom presentation effectiveness and room environmental quality, resulting in improved learning outcomes. Instant feedback lets teachers tailor their presentations to the audience's mood, increasing overall engagement. Apart from mood sensing, Sens includes measurements of room temperature, humidity, light level, color temperature, wellness compliance, mask detection, room occupancy, and more in real-time. Sens uses a science-backed algorithm, with the totality of environmental metrics allowing school staff to review and create an optimal environment to maintain student and teacher health.
Please note, myViewBoard Sens is available for Entity accounts only.
- EDUCATION STARTS WITH PEOPLE
It's easy to forget that data represents real people. Sens cuts through the noise to deliver insights like the emotional status of the class and student reactions to lesson material. Data drives the insights, but people are still the focus.
- DATA IMPROVES LEARNING OUTCOMES
Student success is measurable with the right tools, and measurable success can be reproduced. With the benefits of additional information, schools can optimize both learning environments and teaching resources for the best possible outcomes for students.
To achieve these results, the myViewBoard Sens sensor device transmits all qualitative and quantitative data to the following solution components:
- Sens app for Windows OS
- Sens app for Android OS
- Sens tab in the Companion app to view instant feedback
- Sens dashboard for teachers at myviewboard.com
- Sens dashboard for IT admins and school owners at myviewboard.com
myViewBoard Sens Sensor
Due to advanced machine learning technologies like embedded AI and deep learning, Sens hardware senses audience engagement and environmental parameters. It’s a sensor – not a surveillance camera –meaning the combined sensors and dual lenses are designed to uphold data protection laws and the privacy rights of individuals.
myViewBoard Sens sensor
- DOES NOT use facial recognition
- DOES NOT identify & track individuals
- DOES NOT record images/videos
- DOES NOT store personal data
- DOES NOT exploit end-users
myViewBoard Sens device setup
- Place the sensor at the top-center of the interactive flat panel (IFP) ViewSonic ViewBoard, which should be situated at the front of the room. This location is recommended due to the dual sensor configuration that covers a max. space of 600cm(w) x 1,000cm(l) with an occupancy of up to 40 people.
- Plug the device into a wall outlet and connect the device to your ViewSonic ViewBoard IFP via USB cable.
- Slide the lens shutter to the right to power Sens on. The power light indicator will turn yellow.
Closing the shutter will automatically power the device off and stop a Sens session.
Once the device is set up, make sure your ViewBoard is connected to the internet so the Sens app can initiate real-time data transmission.
myViewBoard Sens app
In addition to configuring the Sens sensor, the Sens app displays the data collected by the sensor in real-time and transfers it to your myViewBoard account so you can review it on your own.
You can install the Sens app on your ViewBoard installed with native Android and built-in Windows.
myViewBoard Sens app for Windows OS
Download and Install
To install the app, you must install it from the Microsoft Store (available here). You can also access this installation file at myviewboard.com from the Download menu located at the top bar after signing in.
Sens app is compatible with Windows 10 and above. Make sure your Windows device meets the minimum system requirements (Windows 10 64-bit).
After launch, Sens app will display the sensor’s connectivity status:
- USB connection
- Internet connection
When both signals are active, Sens is ready to use.
Sens app for Windows OS overview
To explore the full range of available metrics, we recommend IT admins add Sens to the myViewBoard Entity Management console. IT admins and school owners must bind Sens with their entity accounts when first launching Sens to access all available metrics.
- Sign in to myViewBoard account manually or via a QR code scan with the myViewBoard Companion app.
- Enter the information about the room where the Sens sensor is to be installed:
- - room name
- - room dimensions in cm (width ≤ 600cm, length ≤ 1,000cm)
- - approx. room occupancy (max. 40)
All sensed metrics are real-time data, available in two tabs: Engagement (the default tab) and Wellness.
Sens cuts through the noise to deliver qualitative insights like the emotional status of the class and student reactions to lesson material. The Engagement tab relays data visualization resulting from qualitative behaviors like engagement level, mood and mood index, attentiveness, and motion detection, as well as room environmental data like temperature, color temperature, and ambient lighting.
With quantitative insights, schools can optimize both learning environments and teaching resources for better outcomes for students. The Wellness tab includes environmental metrics like humidity, temperature, and occupancy rate, as well as health and safety data like wellness compliance and close contacts.
myViewBoard Sens app metrics
- Green = Engaged (71~100)
- Yellow = Compliant (31~70)
- Red = Off-Task (0~30)
Group-level emotion indicators are classified into positive, neutral, and negative, and calculated based on the actual sensed mood of the audience in the room.
Compliant level: 300 ≤ Ambient Light ≤ 500Lux
Compliant level: 20°С ≤ t ≤ 30°С; optimal: 25°С
Compliant level: 3000K ≤ Color Temp ≤ 5500K
Optimal for student activities:
- 3000K – Calming students down after lunch and recess
- 4000K – Classroom discussions and group activities
- 5500K – Taking a test or working on math or science
- Green = Above Compliant (71~100)
- Yellow = Compliant (31~70)
- Red = Under Compliant (0~30)
Optimal for closed public spaces: 40-60%