Difference between revisions of "MyViewBoard Record"
Revision as of 10:42, 9 December 2020
myViewBoard Recorder is an Android app that can be used independently or together with Whiteboard for Android.
The app records all activity on screen and provide users the option to:
- Set output quality before recording
- Save the recorded videos on a USB or native drive
Presenters can utilize this tool to create a copy of their presentations for the audience, or save for later review. It aims to be a simple and easy-to-use application that improves teaching and public speaking experience.
Installing myViewBoard Recorder
Before installing, verify that your device meets the following requirements:
- OS must be running Android 5.0 and higher.
- No limitation on screen size.
- Selected location for saving recording must have at least 100 MB of free space to start recording.
- No limit on video length, but ensure that the selected location for saving the recording has enough space to save the recorded video.
Use the Google Play store to install the APP.
- Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
- Search for 'myViewBoard Recorder'.
- Select the official app published by ViewSonic.
- On the app's description page, tap Install.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
If you are on a PC and want to remotely install the app on your device, you can try installing the app from here:
Using myViewBoard Recorder
myViewBoard Recorder requires a few permissions set before starting:
- Launch the myViewBoard Recorder app.
On first use, click Allow to grant myViewBoard Recorder access to the following resources:
- Enable the 'Display over other apps' permission.
- Afterwards, myViewBoard Recorder displays a floating camera icon docked on the side of the screen.
Perform the following to start recording:
Click the floating Camera icon to open the Recording Configurations window.
- Set your desired video resolution
- myViewBoard Recorder lists resolutions supported by your device. Select a resolution that myViewBoard Recorder will use for the recorded output.
- Select a storage location for temporary files generated during recording
- Specify a location where myViewBoard Recorder can create temporary files to process the recording. Verify that the selected location contains enough space to save the recording.
- Click the check icon to start.
- Click Start Now on the confirmation window.
Recording starts after the countdown ends. Note that you can still do other actions (like switching to a different window) on the screen during the countdown period.
Once the recording starts, you have the following options available:
During the recording session, myViewBoard Recorder displays a floating toolbar with the following icons:
- Pause: Temporarily stops the recording.
- Play: Resumes the recording.
- Stop: Stops the recording completely. Once stopped, you can no longer resume recording.
- Perform all the actions planned for the recording session.
- Click Stop once you are done.
myViewBoard Recorder automatically shows a preview of the recorded content.
- Review the recorded content. You can drag the preview window to move it to a better position on the screen.
Perform one of the following:
- To review the content, click Play.
- If you are satisfied with the content, click Save.
- On the new window, navigate to a location where you want to save the file.
- Specify a name for the recorded file, then click the check icon.
myViewBoard Recorder saves the recordings as MP4 files.
How to use myViewBoard Recorder