myViewBoard Live is an Android application that allows users to stream their Whiteboard for Android sessions to selected streaming services.
During streaming, Teachers can use features provided by their selected streaming service to share their session and interact with their students online.
Installing myViewBoard Live
Before installing, verify that your device meets the following requirements:
- OS must be running Android 5.0 and higher.
- No limitation on screen size.
- Selected location for saving recording must have at least 100 MB of free space to start recording.
- No limit on video length, but ensure that the selected location for saving the recording has enough space to save the recorded video.
Use the Google Play store to install the APP.
- Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
- Search for 'myViewBoard Recorder'.
- Select the official app published by ViewSonic.
- On the app's description page, tap Install.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
If you are on a PC and want to remotely install the app on your device, you can try installing the app from here:
Verify that you meet the following requirements before streaming:
- A streaming account that is already enabled for streaming. Some services like YouTube may take up to 24 hours after the initial request before enabling streaming.
- The latest version of Whiteboard for Android already open and running.
- You are already logged into Whiteboard for Android.
- An environment with good network speed.
myViewBoard Live supports the following services:
Using myViewBoard Live
myViewBoard Live requires a stream URL and a stream key to broadcast a session. Selecting a stream service automatically provides the stream URL for that service.
Procedures to acquire a stream key vary between services.
Get a YouTube stream key and URL
Before starting to stream, you need to know your stream key and the stream URL first. These information are provided by YouTube.
- Open your browser and sign in to https://YouTube.com
- Once signed in, click on the upper right corner.
- From the drop down, click Go Live.
- On top of the next screen, select STREAM.
- On the new Window, provide following information:
- Publish Option (Public, Unlisted or Private)
- Audience Options
- - Description
- - Category
- - Schedule for later
- - Upload Custom Thumbnail
- - Age restriction
- Click Create Stream.
- After a few seconds, YouTube provides a unique stream key and the stream URL. Read the instructions provided on the Stream setup help dialog.
Before clicking Done, head over to your Whiteboard app to input stream key and the stream URL. Keep the YouTube window open at all times.
Get a Facebook stream key and URL
Before starting to stream, you need to know your stream key and the stream URL first. These information are provided by Facebook.
- Open your browser and sign in to http://Facebook.com.
- On the Create Post box, click the Live Video option. This should take you to the Live Producer screen.
- On the Stream Setup tab, select Use stream keys under the Get Started section.
- Under the Live API section, note the Server URL and Stream Key information.
Once you have the stream key and URL,
- Launch the myViewBoard Live app.
- Input the required information.
- (Optional) Select the "Record the stream" checkbox to record a copy of the stream to your device.
- Tap to start the stream.