myViewBoard is an ecosystem for collaborative education and work. Create content with a digital whiteboard, present and attend online classes, and share content across devices. Use browser-based tools on myviewboard.com, or download dedicated apps.
myViewBoard.com contains applications and services within the myViewBoard Visual Learning Platform, such as myViewBoard Classroom and Whiteboard. These applications can be run within a suitable browser. As well, myviewboard.com also contains links to download dedicated Windows and Android apps.
The standard account is free and includes Whiteboard, myViewBoard Originals, and more. However, some features such as user and device management tools (Entity Management and Manager) are only available for myViewBoard Entity. To review all the differences between the available myViewBoard tiers, see the Pricing.
myViewBoard.com features available without signing in
When users visit myViewBoard.com, the following features are accessible without signing in:
myViewBoard.com features after signing in
These features are accessible from the top toolbar after signing in. Depending on the account type, some of the features such as Entity Management may not be accessible.
Classroom is an online and fully browser-based platform for delivering lessons. It is designed to be easy to learn and to reflect a traditional physical classroom. There is no software to install and students do not need to create an account. There is also built-in support for Google Classroom, to easily invite students, and cloud integration, to easily share lesson materials.
Classroom works in two browser tabs/windows, with the initial tab displaying the digital whiteboard canvas, where teachers can import and edit lesson content. The second tab provides a dashboard for student management, with controls for chat and group (huddle) work and notices relating to student attention or students raising their hands. As such, two screens are recommended.
Whiteboard for Windows
Whiteboard for Windows is a digital whiteboard designed to run on the Windows operating system. Whiteboard features work best on large touchscreen displays, but Whiteboard also runs on non-interactive screens such as a laptop screen, with mouse clicks replacing the touch for interaction. Whiteboard works together with myViewBoard.com to allow screen-sharing, and personalize files and settings that can follow a user across devices. Whiteboard for Windows uses AES-256 encryption to protect data. myViewBoard Security outlines security features of the myViewBoard ecosystem, including Whiteboard.
- Whiteboard for Windows Quick Start Guide: this quick start guide is intended for first time users.
- Whiteboard for Windows Toolbar Icons: a printer-friendly summary of all toolbar icons and their functions.
- Whiteboard for Windows Training Guide: a detailed guide to all features of Whiteboard for Windows.
Whiteboard for Android
Whiteboard for Android is a digital whiteboard designed specifically to be used on Android devices. All ViewSonic interactive ViewBoards run a modified version of Android OS (although they can also have a slot-in in Windows PC in addition), and come preinstalled with Whiteboard.
Whiteboard for Android functions similarly to the Windows version with a few minor differences. Both work best on touchscreen devices.
- Whiteboard for Android Quick Start Guide: this quick start guide is intended for first time users.
- Whiteboard for Android Toolbar Icons: a printer-friendly summary of all toolbar icons and their functions.
- Whiteboard for Android Training Guide: a detailed guide to all features of Whiteboard for Android.
Whiteboard (web-based) is a fully browser-based digital whiteboard that requires no software to be installed.
myViewBoard also offers more powerful versions of Whiteboard, available for download on Android and Windows. Whiteboard for Windows is the most feature-rich solution, with the web-based solution being a lightweight version.
Access Whiteboard from myviewboard.com (requires sign-in).
- Whiteboard Quick Start Guide: this quick start guide is intended for first time users.
- Whiteboard Toolbar Icons: a printer-friendly summary of all toolbar icons and their functions.
- Whiteboard Training Guide: a guide to all features of the web-based version of Whiteboard.
The myViewBoard Companion app allows users to control various actions on a myViewBoard session using a mobile phone. The myViewBoard Companion app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Companion app interface after user is signed in
For more information see myViewBoard Companion App.
- myViewBoard Companion App Quick Start Guide: a quick start guide to using the companion app.
- Companion App Icons: a printer-friendly list of all toolbar icons and their functions.
- myViewBoard Companion App Training Guide: a detailed guide to all features of the companion app.
Integrated cloud services
Your myViewBoard account can connect to popular third-party cloud storage and videoconferencing accounts.
myViewBoard supports the following cloud services:
- Google Drive
- OneDrive and OneDrive for Business (only available for Entity accounts)
- NextCloud Files
- Google Classroom
For more information about cloud integration, see Cloud Integration.
myViewBoard Clips contains over 2 million educational videos from more than 150 media brands for Video-Assisted Learning (VAL). Built specifically for education, Clips has no adverts, is copyright cleared, and is powered by Boclips. At this time, the majority of videos are in English although the service has a limited content selection in Spanish, French, Arabic, and Mandarin.
Clips is available for Education entities - contact us to find out how to register as an education entity for free.
For more information about video-assisted learning, download the whitepaper here.
For more information about myViewBoard Clips see myViewBoard Clips.
myViewBoard Originals contains free backgrounds, lesson ideas, and video-assisted learning. Content can be accessed directly from within Classroom, Whiteboard, and the myViewBoard Originals wiki page.