myViewBoard Companion App
Companion is an app for myViewBoard available for iOS and Android. Use the myViewBoard Companion app to:
- Quickly and securely sign into Whiteboard sessions by scanning a QR code.
- Enroll Whiteboard into an Entity.
- Remotely control Whiteboard sessions with page navigation and a laser pointer.
- Interact with other Whiteboard sessions by sharing files by Throw .
- Take part in polls and quizzes with Pop Quiz and Polls features.
Get the Companion app
Download the Companion app
- Go to the Google Play or Apple App Store on your mobile device.
- Search "myViewBoard Companion".
- Install the app, and sign in to your myViewBoard account (to access all features).
This page presents the users with multiple options to sign in to the app based on their profiles. Also, the users can see the icon at the top left of the screen for Settings-related information and submitting feedback.
How sign-in works
- Select your role to sign in: Pick your role either as a Host/IT admin or as a Participant for using Companion. It is noteworthy that the hosts and participants use their registered individual myViewBoard accounts to access Companion, whereas IT admins log in with their Entity Admin accounts or scan the QR code to enter the app.
- Sign in with your Google, Microsoft, or Apple account that you registered with us:
- Sign in with Google
- Sign in with Microsoft
- Sign in with Apple
- Sign in with your email:
- Provide your email and password.
- Click the SIGN IN tab.
Note: Click Forgot password? to reset the password, and an email will be sent to your regular email id.
- Sign in with your Google, Microsoft, or Apple account that you registered with us:
- Join as a Guest: If you don’t have a myViewBoard account and want to join Companion as a guest for work collaboration, then type in the “Host name” and “Your name” in the given fields. Alternatively, scan the QR code of the Whiteboard session you want to join in.
- Sign Up: If you haven't created a myViewBoard account yet, you can do so here.To use all features, we advise you to sign up and use all features.
After signing in as hosts and IT admins
Similar features are available to hosts and IT admins, but the use of the app are slightly different for each user.
- Hosts: For interacting with audience or students:
- Answering the quizzes and engaging in specific discussions
- IT admins: For using admin-specific features:
When signed in, hosts and IT admins can access 3 pages:
- This page is for interacting with Whiteboard sessions from other users, for example sharing files or participating in quizzes.
- Each time, you can send a file or response to a different host by either entering the name of the host or selecting one from the list.
- Throw, Pop Quiz, and Polls are only available for the hosts with Premium or Entity accounts.
When signed in, you will also see your user profile picture/icon in the top left. Click this for settings and to sign out of the app.
The participate screen contains the following:
|Throw files such as images to a Whiteboard|
|Answer a Pop Quiz|
|Log in to a Whiteboard by scanning a QR code|
- On the device
- Launch myViewBoard Whiteboard app.
- Click settings and click the i button for the software information tab.
- Click Enroll Software Instance under Entity.
- On the Whiteboard Enrollment Form, click Enroll via QR Code. A QR code will display.
- On Companion
- Sign in with the Entity Admin account and use the scanner to scan the QR code.
- You will be prompted to select an entity. Ensure you select the correct one, as well as input a Whiteboard name.
- Click Submit.
- A prompt should appear on Whiteboard informing you of successful enrollment.
- The device will appear in the Software Instances section within Entity Management under myViewBoard.com.
Add devices into Manager
- On the device to manage
- Launch myViewBoard Manager Android app to view a unique QR code.
- On Companion app:
- Launch the Companion app, and ensure you are logged in with an entity admin account.
- Tap the QR-reader function , and scan your device's QR code.
- Input device information as needed.
- Click Submit to add the device to Manager.
Access a Whiteboard with the QR code
Use the Companion app to log in to the Whiteboard with the QR code scanner:
- Launch the Companion app.
- Sign in to Companion, if not already.
- Click the icon to scan the QR code displayed on the Whiteboard for Windows or Android screen.
Use your phone's camera to scan the QR code in the bottom right of the Whiteboard
Throw lets you share files or photos from your device to an ongoing Whiteboard session. Follow these steps to use this feature:
- Tap the Throw icon.
- Select Camera or Browse, and then take a picture or select your desired file.
- On the next screen, enter the Host Whiteboard name, or scan the QR code of the Whiteboard.
- Click the icon to send the file.
If successful, the Whiteboard session host should receive a notification.
Once Companion is installed, it will also appear under the default Android or iOS Share/Send options alongside other apps.
If you are sending the file to your own Whiteboard session (the Companion app and Whiteboard are signed in with the same account), the Companion app will also ask you if you want to open the file on the Whiteboard. If you choose not to, you can always access all thrown files from the notifications icon or Magic Box > Throw.
Answer a Pop Quiz from a myViewBoard Whiteboard session with your Companion app.
- Tap the Pop Quiz icon.
- Use the pen, text, or AI pen to draw or write your answer. Alternatively, select a file from your device by tapping the file icon .
- Click the paper plane icon to send your drawing or file to the Whiteboard.
- The Whiteboard will receive a notification, and the response will be available within the Pop Quiz window.
Drag the image to the trash icon to delete it.
Drag the text on the screen to the trash icon to delete it.
To change stroke thickness, tap the pen icon again.
- Click the Polls icon and then join by either entering the Whiteboard host name, or scanning the QR code for the Poll from the Whiteboard.
- Enter your name and click Join.
- When the Poll starts on Whiteboard, Poll questions will appear in the Companion app.
- Select or input answers for each question. Click the plane icon to submit your answer.
After you use Companion to answer the Poll, the Whiteboard host will be able see the results.
Whiteboard remote control
You must be signed in to the Whiteboard and the Companion app with the same myViewBoard account to use remote control.
Default management options:
Toggle Laser pointer on at the top of the page to use:
Manage the Wireless Presentation feature of Whiteboard on this page. This feature is accessible to only Premium- and Entity-account users.
|Enable||Turn the wireless presentation feature on for the signed in account. |
After this is turned on, participants can send, cast or share their screen to the user's current Whiteboard session.
|Moderation||Display a list of participants requesting access to share their screen to the current Whiteboard session.|
Click on an entry to grant access.
The two buttons under Frame Resize can be used when using the Wireless Presentation feature of Whiteboard to display participants' screens:
After signing in as participants
Once signed in, a participant can see Join a Whiteboard session as the first page.
- Enter the Host Whiteboard name or scan the QR code of the Whiteboard.
- Type your name in the next field.
- Click Join to interact with the host's Whiteboard session.
Like hosts and IT admins, a participant is also provided with three pages.
- Participate: On this page:
- A participant can use Throw , Pop Quiz , and Polls to take part in the Whiteboard sessions. Remember the participant can only access these features if a host is signed in to whiteboard with a Premium or Entity account.
- The responses of the participant is directly sent to the respective Whiteboard host.
- Whiteboard remote control and Wireless presentation: The same features can be used by participants for interaction as used by hosts and IT admins.
A participant can also find a profile icon at the top left for accessing Settings and signing out of Companion. Also, click the QR code icon appears at the top right to get the current Host's information and for changing the Host's name.
Joining as a guest
After connecting to the Whiteboard session, a guest can send the responses and files to the host by using Companion.
- Collaborate work and engage in learning sessions through Throw , Pop Quiz , and Polls features. These are for interacting with a Whiteboard session.
- You can see your name in the upper-middle part of the screen, along with the QR code icon at the top right. Click the QR code icon to get the history of all the hosts you had interacted with.