Companion is an app for myViewBoard available for iOS and Android. Use the myViewBoard Companion app to:
- Quickly and securely log in to Whiteboard sessions by scanning the QR code.
- Remotely control Whiteboard sessions with page navigation and laser pointer.
- Interact with other Whiteboard sessions by sharing files by Throw .
- Take part in polls and quizzes with Pop Quiz and Polls features.
Get the Companion app
Download the Companion app
- Go to the Google Play or Apple Store app on your mobile device.
- Search for the myViewBoard Companion.
- Install the app, and sign in to your myView Board account (to access all features).
Companion app: Home screen
Companion presents its users with a screen that multiple options to sign in to the app:
- Select your role to sign in: This means that the user can opt from the following options to log in to the app:
- Host / IT admin: A host can be anyone, such as a teacher and any other professional, who is presenting the canvas. The IT admin can also use the same option for accessing the app.
- Participant: A participant is the one who wants to join the Whiteboard session presented by a host.
- Sign in as a Guest: If you don’t have a myViewBoard account and want to log in to the Companion app as a guest for work collaboration, then you just need to enter the “Host name” and “Your name”. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code shared by the host with you in place of writing the host's name.
- Sign Up: If you haven't created a myViewBoard account yet, you can do so here.To use all features, we advise you to sign up and use all features.
Signing in to Companion
Selecting the role as a Host/IT admin or Participant: This will give common login options to both of the users.
- Sign in with your email
- Provide your email and password.
- Click the Check Mark icon.
- Sign in with your Google, Microsoft, or Apple account that you registered with us
- Sign in with Google
- Sign in with Microsoft
- Sign in with Apple
- Provide your email and password and follow the instructions to use single sign-in service.
Note: Click Forgot password? to reset the password and an email will be sent to your regular email id.
After signing in
Once a user have signed in:
- A Host/IT admin can see the Participate screen as the first page.
- A participant will get "Join a Whiteboard session" as the initial screen. Here, the participant needs to enter the Host name (or scan the QR code of the respective Whiteboard session) and their own names in the given fields. Clicking Join allows the participant to access the same features as are available to hosts/IT admins.
Both hosts/IT admins and participants can now access 3 pages:
This page is for interacting with Whiteboard sessions from other users, for example sharing files or participating in quizzes.
When signed in, you will also see your user profile picture/icon in the top left. Click this for settings and to sign out of the app.
The participate screen contains the following:
|Throw files such as images to a Whiteboard|
|Answer a Pop Quiz|
|Analyze your presentation effectiveness, audience mood and room environment with myViewBoard Sens.|
Requires the myViewBoard Sens sensor hardware to function.
|Log in to a Whiteboard by scanning a QR code|
Sign in to Whiteboard with the Companion app
Use the Companion app to sign in to the Whiteboard with the QR code scanner:
- Launch the Companion app.
- Sign in to Companion, if not already.
- Click the QR Code icon to open the phone's camera.
- Position the phone so that the QR code displayed on the Whiteboard for Windows or Android screen is inside the QR 'scanner' of the Companion app.
If you can't find the QR code on the whiteboard, click the icon in the bottom right of the screen to display login options.
Use your phone's camera to scan the QR code in the bottom right of the Whiteboard
Throw lets you share files or photos from your phone to a Whiteboard session.
- Click the Throw icon.
- Select Camera or Browse, then take your picture or select the file.
- On the next screen, enter the Host Whiteboard name, or scan the QR code of the Whiteboard.
- Click the icon to send the file.
If successful, the Whiteboard session host should receive a notification.
If you are sending the file to your own Whiteboard session (the Companion app and Whiteboard are signed in with the same account), the Companion app will also ask you if you want to open the file on the Whiteboard. If you choose not to, you can always access all thrown files from the notifications icon or Magic Box > Throw.
Once Companion is installed, it will also appear under the default Android or iOS Share/Send options alongside other apps and email, etc.
Answer a Pop Quiz from a Whiteboard with your Companion app. Users do not need to be signed in to answer.
- Click Pop Quiz icon.
- Use the pen, text, or AI pen to draw or write your answer. Alternatively, select a file from your device by clicking the file icon.
- Click the paper plane icon to send your drawing or file to the whiteboard.
- The whiteboard will receive a notification, showing your file.
Drag the image to the trashcan to delete.
Drag the text on the screen to the trashcan icon to delete.
To change the width, click the pen icon again.
- Click the Polls icon and then join by either entering the Whiteboard host name, or scanning the QR code for the Poll from the Whiteboard.
- Enter your name and click Join.
- When the Poll starts on Whiteboard, Poll questions will appear in the Companion app.
- Select an answer or multiple answers for each question, and click the plane icon to submit your answer.
After you use Companion to answer the Poll, the Whiteboard host can see the results.
Whiteboard remote control
You must be signed in to the Whiteboard and the Companion app with the same myViewBoard account to use remote control.
Default management options:
Toggle Laser pointer on at the top of the page to use:
Wireless Presentation Screen
Manage the Wireless Presentation feature of Whiteboard on this page.
|Enable||Turn the wireless presentation feature on for the signed in account. |
After this is turned on, participants can send, cast or share their screen to the user's current Whiteboard session.
|Moderation||Display a list of participants requesting access to share their screen to the current Whiteboard session.|
Click on an entry to grant access.
The two buttons under Frame Resize can be used when using the Wireless Presentation feature of Whiteboard to display participants' screens: