Companion is an app for myViewBoard available for iOS and Android. Use the myViewBoard Companion app to:
- Quickly and securely log in to Whiteboard sessions by scanning the QR code.
- Remotely control Whiteboard sessions with page navigation and laser pointer.
- Interact with other Whiteboard sessions by sharing files by Throw .
- Take part in polls and quizzes with Pop Quiz and Polls features.
Get the Companion app
- Android devices must be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
- Apple devices must be running iOS 9 or higher.
- Allow permissions for camera and file access if using the Throw feature.
Download the Companion app
- Go to the Google Play or Apple Store app on your mobile device.
- Search for the myViewBoard Companion.
- Install the app, and sign in to your myView Board account (to access all features).
- Google Play:
- Apple App Store:
myViewBoard.com also has links to download Companion:
- Go to http://myViewBoard.com.
- Click Download.
- Click Companion on Google play or Companion on Apple Store.
- Using a QR code reader, scan the QR code to get the download link.
- Open the download link to go to the correct download page of your device's app store.
- Click Install, and wait for the installation to complete.
For more information, see Download.
Companion app before sign in
After opening Companion, a user will be directed to a screen with two options to sign in to the app:
Select your role to sign in: This means that the user can opt from the following options to log in to the app:
- Host / IT admin: A host can be anyone who is presenting the canvas. It can be a teacher, a corporate worker, and so on. The IT admin can also use the same option for signing in.
- Participant: A participant can be a student or a coworker attending the meeting session.
Signing in to Companion:
Selecting the role will give common login options to both of the users.
- You can sign in to the app using your existing account details you registered with us.
- Select one of the following:
- Sign in with Google
- Sign in with Microsoft
- Sign in with Apple
- Single Sign-in
- Sign in with an email address: email id and password
Note: Click Forgot password? to reset the password and an email will be sent to your regular email id.
Join as a Guest: If you don’t have a myViewBoard account and want to log in to the Companion app as a guest for work collaboration, then you just need to enter the “Host name” and “Your name”. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code shared by the host with you in place of writing the host's name.
A guest can only use the Throw , Pop Quiz , and Polls features. These are for interacting with a Whiteboard session - sign in to access remote control features for your own Whiteboard session.
To use all features:
- Sign in to your myViewBoard account.
- If you haven't created a myViewBoard account yet, you can do so here.
Once logged in, you will be able to use the Companion app as a remote control for your Whiteboard for Windows or Whiteboard for Android sessions.
After sign in
When signed in, users can access 3 pages:
This page is for interacting with Whiteboard sessions from other users, for example sharing files or participating in quizzes.
When signed in, you will also see your user profile picture/icon in the top left. Click this for settings and to sign out of the app.
The participate screen contains the following:
|Throw files such as images to a Whiteboard|
|Answer a Pop Quiz|
|Analyze your presentation effectiveness, audience mood and room environment with myViewBoard Sens.|
Requires the myViewBoard Sens sensor hardware to function.
|Log in to a Whiteboard by scanning a QR code|
Sign in to Whiteboard with the Companion app
Use the Companion app to sign in to the Whiteboard with the QR code scanner:
- Launch the Companion app.
- Sign in to Companion, if not already.
- Click the QR Code icon to open the phone's camera.
- Position the phone so that the QR code displayed on the Whiteboard for Windows or Android screen is inside the QR 'scanner' of the Companion app.
If you can't find the QR code on the whiteboard, click the icon in the bottom right of the screen to display login options.
Use your phone's camera to scan the QR code in the bottom right of the Whiteboard
Throw lets you share files or photos from your phone to a Whiteboard session.
- Click the Throw icon.
- Select Camera or Browse, then take your picture or select the file.
- On the next screen, enter the Host Whiteboard name, or scan the QR code of the Whiteboard.
- Click the icon to send the file.
If successful, the Whiteboard session host should receive a notification.
If you are sending the file to your own Whiteboard session (the Companion app and Whiteboard are signed in with the same account), the Companion app will also ask you if you want to open the file on the Whiteboard. If you choose not to, you can always access all thrown files from the notifications icon or Magic Box > Throw.
Once Companion is installed, it will also appear under the default Android or iOS Share/Send options alongside other apps and email, etc.
Answer a Pop Quiz from a Whiteboard with your Companion app. Users do not need to be signed in to answer.
- Click Pop Quiz icon.
- Use the pen, text, or AI pen to draw or write your answer. Alternatively, select a file from your device by clicking the file icon.
- Click the paper plane icon to send your drawing or file to the whiteboard.
- The whiteboard will receive a notification, showing your file.
Drag the image to the trashcan to delete.
Drag the text on the screen to the trashcan icon to delete.
To change the width, click the pen icon again.
Polls for Whiteboard can be answered from the Companion app.
- Click the Polls icon and then join by either entering the Whiteboard host name, or scanning the QR code for the Poll from the Whiteboard.
- Enter your name and click Join.
- When the Poll starts on Whiteboard, Poll questions will appear in the Companion app.
- Select an answer or multiple answers for each question, and click the plane icon to submit your answer.
After you use Companion to answer the Poll, the Whiteboard host can see the results.
Whiteboard remote control
You must be signed in to the Whiteboard and the Companion app with the same myViewBoard account to use remote control.
Default management options:
Toggle Laser pointer on at the top of the page to use:
Wireless Presentation Screen
Manage the Wireless Presentation feature of Whiteboard on this page.
|Enable||Turn the wireless presentation feature on for the signed in account. |
After this is turned on, participants can send, cast or share their screen to the user's current Whiteboard session.
|Moderation||Display a list of participants requesting access to share their screen to the current Whiteboard session.|
Click on an entry to grant access.
The two buttons under Frame Resize can be used when using the Wireless Presentation feature of Whiteboard to display participants' screens:
Get Started with myViewBoard Companion App
Throw URLs to Whiteboard using myViewBoard Companion
Access online resources to learn more about myViewBoard.
Security and Policy
Find out about myViewBoard secure connections.
Follow us on social media and get notified of the latest news and updates.