Use the Companion app to control a Whiteboard session, or interact with other Whiteboard sessions, from an Android or iOS phone.
Get the Companion app
- Android devices must be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
- Apple devices must be running iOS 9 or higher.
Download the Companion app
- Go to the Google Play or Apple Store app on your mobile device.
- Search for the myViewBoard Companion app.
- Install the app, and sign in (to access all features).
- Google Play:
- Apple App Store:
myViewBoard.com also has links to download Companion:
- Go to http://myViewBoard.com.
- Click Downloads.
- Click Companion on Google play or Companion on Apple Store.
- Using a QR code reader, scan the QR code to get the download link.
- Open the download link to go to the correct download page of your device's app store.
- Click Install, and wait for the installation to complete.
For more information, see Download.
Companion app before sign in
Without signing in, only the Throw, Pop Quiz, and Polls features are available. These are for interacting with a Whiteboard session.
To use all features:
- Sign in to your myViewBoard account.
- If you haven't created a myViewBoard account yet, you can do so here.
Once logged in, you will be able to use the Companion app as a remote control for your Whiteboard for Windows or Whiteboard for Android sessions.
After sign in
When signed in, users can access 3 pages:
This screen is for interacting with Whiteboard sessions from other users, for example sharing files or participating in quizzes.
When signed in, you will also see your user profile picture/icon in the top left. Click this for settings and to sign out of the app.
App when signed in
The participate screen contains the following:
|50px||Throw files such as images to a Whiteboard|
|50px||Answer a Pop Quiz|
|Log in to a Whiteboard by scanning a QR code|
Sign in to Whiteboard with the Companion app
Use the Companion app to sign in to the Whiteboard quickly and securely with the QR code scanner function:
- Launch the Companion app.
- Sign in to Companion, if not already.
- Click the QR Code icon ( ) to open the phone's camera.
- Position the phone so that the QR code displayed on the Whiteboard for Windows or Android screen is inside the QR 'scanner' of the Companion app.
If you can't find the QR code on the whiteboard, click the icon in the bottom right of the screen to display login options.
Use your phone's camera to scan the QR code in the bottom right of the Whiteboard
Throw lets you share files or photoss from your phone to a Whiteboard session.
- Click the Throw icon.
- Select Camera or Browse, then take your picture or select the file.
- On the next screen, enter the Host Whiteboard name, or scan the QR code of the Whiteboard.
- Click the icon to send the file.
If successful, the myViewBoard host should receive a notification.
If you are sending the file to your own Whiteboard session (the Companion app and Whiteboard are signed in with the same account), the Companion app will also ask you if you want to open the file on the Whiteboard. If you choose not to, you can always access all thrown files from the notifications icon or Magic Box > Throw.
Once Companion is installed, it will also appear under the default Android or iOS Share/Send options alongside other apps and email, etc. Sharing using this method is the same as above, only instead of first opening Companion and selecting a file, you can first select the file and click the phone's Share or Send icon.
Answer a Pop Quiz from a Whiteboard with your Companion app. Users do not need to be signed in to answer.
- Click Pop Quiz 30px.
- Use the pen, text, or AI pen to draw or write your answer. Alternatively, select a file from your device by clicking the file icon.
- Click the paper plane icon to send your drawing or file to the whiteboard.
- The whiteboard will receive a notification, showing your file.
To delete, drag the image to the trashcan.
To delete, drag the text on the screen to the trashcan icon.
To change the width, click the pen icon again.
Get Started with myViewBoard Companion App
Throw URLs to Whiteboard using myViewBoard Companion
Access online resources to learn more about myViewBoard.
Security and Policy
Find out about myViewBoard secure connections.
Follow us on social media and get notified of the latest news and updates.