myViewBoard Companion app is available for iOS and Android devices. Users can control their own Whiteboard session, or interact with other Whiteboard sessions.
The myViewBoard Companion app allows users to control various actions on a Whiteboard session using a mobile phone.
Get the Companion app
Download the Companion app
To install the app via the app store of your mobile device:
- Go to the Google Play or Apple Store app on your mobile device.
- Search for the myViewBoard Companion app.
- Install the app, and sign in (to access all features).
Companion app before sign in
To use all features:
- Sign in to your myViewBoard account.
- If you haven't signed up yet, click Sign Up to open the myViewBoard.com page where you can sign up for a new account.
After sign in
When signed in, users can access 3 pages:
This screen is for interacting with Whiteboard sessions from other users, for example sharing files or participating in quizzes.
When signed in, you will also see your user profile picture/icon in the top left. Click this to for settings and to sign out of the app.
App when signed in
The participate screen contains the following:
|50px||Throw files such as images to a Whiteboard|
|50px||Take part in a Pop Quiz|
|50px||Take part in Polls|
|Log in to a Whiteboard by scanning a QR code|
Sign in to Whiteboard with the Companion app
A quick and secure way of signing in to Whiteboard sessions, without having to type an email address or password, is using the Companion app to sign in to the Whiteboard. Users can sign in to Whiteboard by scanning the QR code, using the Companion app (if signed in to the app).
- Launch the Companion app.
- Sign in, if not already.
- Click the QR Code icon ( ) to open the phone's camera.
- Position the phone so that the QR code displayed on the Whiteboard for Windows or Android program is inside the QR 'scanner' of the myViewBoard Companion app.
Using the QR Code shows the following screens:
Sign in is not required to use the Throw feature. Before using these features, ensure that the target myViewBoard session is already active.
- Click the Throw icon.
- Select an image or video to throw.
- On the next screen, provide the Host Name and your name.
- Click the icon.
If successful, the myViewBoard host should receive a notification.
Using the Throw feature shows the following screens:
Installing the app also adds the Throw feature as a sharing option. To use on your mobile phone:
- On any app that is capable of performing the "share" action, click Share, or the icon if available.
- From the list of apps, select Companion.
- On the next screen, provide the Host Name.
- Click the icon.
Answer a Pop Quiz from a Whiteboard with your Companion app. Users do not need to be signed in to answer.
- Click Pop Quiz 30px.
- Use the pen, text, or AI pen to draw/write your answer. Alternatively, select a file from your device by clicking the file icon.
- Click the paper plane icon to send your drawing or file to the whiteboard.
- The whiteboard will receive a notification, showing your file.
To delete, drag the image on the screen to the trashcan icon.
To delete, drag the text on the screen to the trashcan icon.
To change the width, click the pen icon again.
This is what the Pop Quiz page looks like in the Companion app