Magic Box Camera
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Click the camera icon on the Magic Box toolbar to start a live stream from an attached camera.
The user is not required to sign in to access the camera.
The Camera accesses a webcam or external camera connected to the device running the myViewBoard program.
- Click the Camera icon.
- Select a camera from the list.
- After a camera is selected, a live video feed appears.
Like other tools in myViewBoard, it is possible to draw over the image, and take screenshots to place on the canvas.
- The Camera Tool icon does not appear if there is no camera device connected.
- On Android, the camera does not support plug-and-play. Connect the camera before launching Whiteboard for Android.
- The user can stream multiple cameras at once. Note that having multiple cameras streaming can negatively impact performance.
Move the camera by dragging the window around, in case you want to position it somewhere where it doesn’t overlap with your lesson content.
Users may want to hide the bottom toolbar when using the camera as a facecam for distance learning. By default, the toolbar is displayed when you add a camera to the canvas. To hide the toolbar, click the icon on the upper right inside the camera window.
- Move the camera by dragging the window around, in case you want to position it somewhere where it doesn’t overlap with your lesson content.
- If you need to use certain camera functions (like annotating on the camera feed or taking screenshots), click the icon again to show the toolbar.
myViewBoard for Android - Magic Box - Camera
Access online resources to learn more about myViewBoard.
Security and Policy
Find out about myViewBoard secure connections.
Follow us on social media and get notified of the latest news and updates.