Live Streaming a Whiteboard Session
You can use the Screen Capture tool to broadcast your screen to selected streaming services. This example demonstrates how to use the streaming feature to broadcast your session on YouTube.
The Screen Capture Tool is available in both myViewBoard and Desktop modes.
Supported Streaming Services
myViewBoard supports streaming to the following services:
|Stream URL: rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 |
|Stream URL: rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ |
Verify that you meet the following requirements before streaming:
- A streaming account that is already enabled for streaming. Some services like YouTube may take up to 24 hours after the initial request before enabling streaming.
- The latest version of myViewBoard for Windows already open and running.
- An environment with good network speed.
Sample streaming on YouTube
The following sections will demonstrate how to live stream a myViewBoard for Windows session using YouTube. Since the procedure requires you to switch between YouTube and myViewBoard for Windows, sections have been marked as needed.
▘Get a YouTube stream key and URL
Before starting to stream, you need to know your stream key and the stream URL first. These information are provided by YouTube.
- Open your browser and sign in to https://YouTube.com
- Once signed in, click on the upper right corner.
- From the drop down, click Go Live.
- On top of the next screen, select STREAM.
- On the new Window, provide following information:
- Publish Option (Public, Unlisted or Private)
- Audience Options
- - Description
- - Category
- - Schedule for later
- - Upload Custom Thumbnail
- - Age restriction
- Click Create Stream.
- After a few seconds, YouTube provides a unique stream key and the stream URL. Read the instructions provided on the Stream setup help dialog.
Before clicking Done, head over to your myViewBoard for Windows to input stream key and the stream URL. Keep the YouTube window open at all times.
▘Input stream key & URL in myViewBoard
Once you have the stream key and URL, head back to myViewBoard for Windows. To start the stream, perform the following:
- Click to open the Screen Capture tool on the main toolbar.
- Click to open the recording/streaming menu.
- Click the stream icon on the Recording toolbar.
- Click after selecting your desired video resolution.
- Provide the following:
- Stream Key - Log in to your streaming service to find your unique streaming key.
- Stream URL - The stream URL for your platform (see above).
- (Optional) Select the "Record the stream" checkbox to record a copy of the stream to your local drive.
Streaming requires a Stream Key and a Stream URL.
▘Start streaming your session
Now that myViewBoard for Windows is communicating with YouTube, switch back to the YouTube browser window to start the streaming process:
- Click Done if you haven't done so yet.
- Click Go Live.
- Click to distribute the link to your audience.
- Everybody who opens your link can view your myViewBoard Session.
No further action is needed.
▘Ending your live stream
After the presentation is done, end the session by performing the following:
- Click End Stream.
- On the popup, click End.
- YouTube shows a summary of your streaming session:
To end the stream, click .