In myViewBoard Classroom, Ladder Shuffle provides a fun way for teachers to assign roles and tasks to students. Ladder Shuffle makes it easier for teachers to figure out who should be responsible for a specific task by selecting students or huddles randomly through an exciting and fun activity.
Benefits of Ladder Shuffle
- Fair: Assign tasks through a random outcome, removing the potential for bias.
- Fast: Open the Ladder Shuffle game onto the canvas, and quickly see the results through an exciting animation.
- Fresh: Use a new, lively method to engage your students.
- Free1: Apply Ladder Shuffle in multiple scenarios to add surprises and interactivity to your learning sessions.
- Friendly: The interface and design allow for an intuitive and efficient addition to lesson delivery.
1Note: Features with the tag TRIAL are available on a trial basis free of charge until myViewBoard decides to change the terms of service.
How to set up Ladder Shuffle
- Open the Tools menu: Open Magic Box and click Tools.
- Add Ladder Shuffle to canvas: Drag and drop Ladder Shuffle onto the canvas.
- Edit settings: Once Ladder Shuffle has been added to the canvas, select it and click Edit .
- Individual or huddles: In Ladder Shuffle, huddles or students can be selected as participants.
- Lines: The number of lines represents the number of possible endpoints. You can select to have more endpoints than the current number of participants.
The minimum and maximum number of lines are 2 and 10 respectively. Consequently, a maximum of 10 participants is permitted.
- Ready: Click Ok and you are now ready to present Ladder Shuffle during a lesson.
Select Ladder Shuffle on the canvas while in prepare mode to access the adorning menu – Edit, Duplicate, Copy, Moveable Lock, Lock, and Restore to Original Size / Fit Screen, and Delete.
Interaction with students
- Here are two ways to allocate students/huddles:
- When a new student joins the classroom, their corresponding student/huddle name will appear above the Random icon.
- While in Presentation mode, you can add more ladder rungs by clicking in between vertical lines.
- Click the Start button to activate the game.
- The dot ⬤ will then climb the ladder through the stairs to land on a random final result.
- If you want to readjust the positions of outcome boxes and stairs, simply click .