The Entity Management console on myviewboard.com provides centralized administration and setup options for the myViewBoard Entity (such as a school or company). This console is only accessible by users set up as admins - contact your account manager or myViewBoard support if you require access to this service.
How to open the console
Before you can set up myViewBoard suite for your organization, you must first be registered for an entity account. This is a service offered to institutions which includes extra services and functionality such as Entity Management and myViewBoard Manager.
- Log in to myviewboard.com with your admin account.
- On the main page, click the Entity Management tile.
- Entity List – Enables you to select an entity if you are the admin of multiple entity accounts
- Entity Name – The name of the currently selected Entity
- Entity Main Domain – The main domain registered to the currently selected Entity
- Dashboard – Access analytics dashboard for usage statistics
- Subscriptions – Access details of any additional add-on subscription services
- Domains – View and add additional verified domains
- Single Sign-On – Setup your SSO settings to connect with Microsoft Azure AD, Google G Suite, SAML or SCIM
- Users – Access your user list, upload CSV files or setup User Sync via SSO
- Managed Service Provider – provide access to a third party to manage your entity account as entity admin
- Software Instances – View and manage your installed software instances
- Cloud Services – Define which cloud services are permitted to integrate with myViewBoard
- Bookmarks -
- Manager – Access myViewBoard Manager for Device Management of compatible ViewSonic hardware
- Firewall Whitelisting – View firewall ports and whitelisting requirements
- Entity Onboarding Manual – Link to setup manual and support materials
- Main Window – This view changes depending on what is selected from the sidebar
- MSI Installer – Download the latest MSI installed for myViewBoard Whiteboard for Windows
- Install Instructions – View instructions for installing myViewBoard Whiteboard for Windows using the MSI file.
- myViewBoard Activator – myViewBoard Activator app for activating myViewBoard Whiteboard for Android via Google Admin Console
To successfully setup myViewBoard users and the software suite, there are several things to consider:
- Access - do you have access to Entity Management and any other required access to setup users and install or deploy the software on your systems?
- Admin Rights - do you have admin rights to install software and/or access to Microsoft or Google admin for user setup with Single Sign On?
- Firewalls - do you have the option to setup your firewall to allow myViewBoard access?
- Filters - do you have any web filters that need to be setup to allow myViewBoard to function?
- Whitelisting - are you able to whitelist myViewBoard websites and email addresses?
TCP Port 443 (HTTPS): outbound is required for general operation and activation.
Optional Wireless screen sharing requirement
- UDP and TCP port 3478 bidirectional to the WebRTC servers.
- UDP Ports 50,000-65,535 (RTP/sRTP/RTCP) bidirectional to the WebRTC servers.
These ports are optional; if blocked, media will be proxied using TURN on port 3478.
The WebRTC protocol is only used for screen sharing. Verify that these ports are open on your network firewall if you wish to use this feature.
|firstname.lastname@example.org||main automated email for notifications, security, and user account information|
|email@example.com||myViewBoard Support team helpdesk email|
|myViewBoard@news.myviewboard.com||myViewBoard news and promotions|
|*myviewboard.com||This is required for the web applications ecosystem to function|
|*myviewboard.cloud||This is required for proper functioning of web service resources|
|myviewboardclips.com||This allows proper functioning of myViewBoard Clips|
|*firebraseio.com||Used by video and audio streaming features|
|*amazonaws.com||Used by AWS services|
Please be sure to include asterisks where shown above
myViewBoard is hosted on Amazon AWS and uses load balancing, as such the destination IP for the myViewBoard server is subject to change without notice. Therefore, we are unable to provide a fixed IP address for whitelisting purposes.
Checking and adding domains
myViewBoard Entities are tied to specific registered domains. Check the domains section to see which domains are registered to your account.
By default, a single main domain is registered. Please check to make sure your registered domains match with your end user email addresses.
In some cases, you may have been assigned a virtual myViewBoard domain. An example virtual domain name will look like:
If any additional domains are needed, they can be added in the "Domains" section (#6 in the above image).
To add a new domain, click the add button. After adding the domain, click the cog to verify the domain. You can verify by either MX or TXT record.
Configure Single Sign-On
myViewBoard has the option to setup Single Sign-On (SSO) with Microsoft Azure AD, Google G Suite, SAML, and SCIM. You can configure this in the "Single Sign-On" section (#7 in the above image).
- Use the Single Sign-On Setting drop down menu to select your SSO type.
- Choose the option to install myViewBoard to your SSO provider.
- Login as the admin to your identity provider to grant access to myViewBoard.
- Confirm to use the Identity Provider with myViewBoard.
Following the above steps, your SSO settings should now be setup and show the corresponding Tenant Name or ID
Only users within a registered domain can be added. Please make sure the correct domain is setup in the "Domains" section before attempting user onboarding.
myViewBoard has three options for adding users:
- Automatically using "User Sync" from the Single Sign-On identity provider.
- Manually via a CSV Import.
- Discover Domain-related users outside the entity.
User Sync via SSO method
After setting up your Single Sign-On, you will see the option for User Sync.
- Select User Sync
- Sign in with the admin account for your identity provider
- If prompted, allow myViewBoard access to your account
- Choose your desired user list you wish to sync (All Users, Groups, or Units)
- Confirm to Sync your users
Manual CSV method
To manually add users to myViewBoard, you can use the provided CSV Template file to import multiple users. To do this you will need to be able to open a CSV file using software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
To add users via CSV file:
- Go to the "Users Section" (#8 in the above image).
- Click "download template file"
- Save and open CSV file in Excel
- Fill in all user details using the example fields
- Save the CSV file
- Click CSV Import to upload the file
There may be occasion where individual users have already setup a myViewBoard account prior to the entity being established, or scenarios where users have been accidently deleted from the entity being established.
First open the Users view from the menu on the left, then click .
User Sync with Microsoft Azure AD
To add users:
- First set up Single Sign-On via Microsoft Azure AD. You can do this in the "Single Sign-On" section of Entity Management (#7 in the above image).
- Choose Azure AD from the drop-down menu
- Choose Sign in with Microsoft
- Login with your Microsoft Admin account
- Choose "Use this Azure Directory as Identity Provider"
- Click to confirm.
Your setup is complete when a Tenant Name or ID is displayed with the Azure AD application ID.
To sync Azure AD users into your myViewBoard Entity user list:
- Navigate to the "Users" section on the left side menu
- Choose "User Sync with Azure AD"
- Sign in with Microsoft Azure AD Admin account
- Choose to sync "All Users" or a "Group"
- Click "Keep Previous" to keep any previous users (deselecting this will wipe all existing users during the suer sync)
- Click "Apply" to sync the users.
After authorizing myViewBoard with Azure AD, you will find myViewBoard-Connect installed in the Microsoft Azure Portal. This is the service used to sync users.
User Sync with Google G Suite
To add users:
- First set up Single Sign-On via Google G Suite. You can do this in the "Single Sign-On" section of Entity Management (#7 in the above image).
- Choose G Suite from the drop-down menu
- Choose Install myViewBoard to your G Suite
- Login with your Google Admin account
- Choose "Use this G Suite as Identity Provider"
- Click to confirm.
Your setup is complete when a Tenant Name or ID is displayed.
To sync G Suite users into your myViewBoard Entity user list:
- Navigate to the "Users" section on the left side menu
- Choose "User Sync with G Suite"
- Sign in with Google Admin account
- Allow myViewBoard to access your Google Account
- Choose to sync "All User", a "Group", or a "Unit"
- Click "Keep Previous" to keep any previous users (deselecting this will wipe all existing users during the user sync)
- Click "Apply" to sync users.
User sync with SAML and SCIM
User Sync with SAML
To set up SAML with myViewBoard:
- First set up Single Sign-On via SAML. You can do this in the "Single Sign-On" section of Entity Management (#7 in the above image).
- Choose SAML from the drop-down menu
- Fill in SAML URL, Logout Redirect and SAML Certificate
- Use Endpoint Login URL to sign in with SAML verification
- Set Audience URL (Entity ID)
- Set Assertion Consumer Service (ACS URL)
- Set Recipient URL in server settings
- Click to confirm.
User Sync with SCIM
To set up SCIM with myViewBoard:
- First set up Single Sign-On via SCIM. You can do this in the "Single Sign-On" section of Entity Management (#7 in the above image).
- Choose SCIM from the drop-down menu
- Download SCIM Instruction and follow steps from the documents
- Sign in to the Active Directory admin center
- Click Enterprise applications from the left panel
- Click New application
- Select Non-gallery application
- Enter a name for your application and then click Add to create
- In the application management page, click Provisioning and then click Get started
- In Provisioning Mode field, select Automatic
- Copy the URL and token from myviewboard.com and then paste them in Tenant URL and Secret Token
- Click Test Connection to have Azure Active Directory try to connect to the SCIM endpoint. If the test fails, error information will be displayed.
- If the test succeeds, click Save to save the admin credentials.
- in the Mappings section, there are two sets of attribute mappings: one for users object and one for groups objects. Select each one to review the attributes that are synchronized from Azure Active Directory to myViewBoard.
- Under Settings, the Scope field defines which users and groups are synchronized. Select Sync only assigned users and groups (recommended) to only synchronize the users and groups assigned in the users and groups objects.
- Once your configuration is complete, set the Provisioning Status to On.
- Click Save to start the Azure AD provisioning service and the synchronization will be executed automatically with the defined Provisioning interval.
The initial account created for the entity is an Owner account. This has admin rights and cannot be changed. For all other users, myViewBoard has two types of roles:
- User: a standard user without access to the Entity Management console.
- Admin: has access to Entity Management to change settings.
These roles can be configured by selecting Users in the left side menu, and then clicking the drop-down menu in each user row.
Also in this row there are buttons to Reset Password for a user, and Delete a user.
Clicking on a user reveals activity logs for that user.