Configure Whiteboard Settings
To change settings in Whiteboard for Windows, click the gear icon in the title bar (top right of the screen).
To configure more settings, sign in to myViewBoard.com and go to the FollowMe page.
General settings (gear icons)
Clicking the gear icon in the title bar (top right of the screen) will open a new window on the User Preferences settings page. The window also contains tabs for other settings and information.
The User Preferences tab contains the following settings (click to expand):
- Changes the language used by the UI. The following languages are available:
- Arabic (العربية)
- Chinese Traditional (繁體中文)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- French (Français)
- German (Deutsch)
- Hindi ( हिन्दी )
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Kannada ( ಕನ್ನಡ )
- Norwegian (Norsk)
- Polish (Polskie)
- Portuguese (Português)
- Russian (Pyccкий)
- Spanish (Espaňol)
- Finnish (Suomalainen)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Tamil ( தமிழ் )
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt)
- After selecting a language, the Whiteboard UI is updated immediately.
- Whiteboard for Windows adds Color Filters to assist color-blind users. Click Visual Aids and select one of the following:
- Inverted color
- Grayscale inverted
- Default value is Off.
- Whiteboard Visual Aids and the Windows Color Filter feature cannot be run at the same time. To use Whiteboard Visual Aids, turn off the Windows Color Filter feature.
- Toggles Whiteboard settings on or off. Everything is enabled by default.
- Launch after Windows startup: Automatically start Whiteboard for Windows when starting the computer.
- Mode after start: Specify if Whiteboard for Windows starts in Preparation, Presentation or Desktop mode.
- Units: Switch between Metric and Imperial. These measurement units are shown when creating shapes via the Shape tool and using Magic Box Tools .
- Multiple touch: Enable detection of multiple fingers/pen points, depending on the number of touchpoints supported by the device. If disabled, the canvas recognizes only one touch input. Disabling this option also automatically disables Multi-touch Gesture and Palm eraser options.
- Multi-touch gesture: Enable use of the two-finger swipe gesture to navigate or create pages when the Selection tool is active. This option is not available if the Multiple Touch option is disabled.
- Palm eraser: Enable erasing objects on the canvas using a closed palm.
- GPU acceleration: Enables GPU acceleration. Restart Whiteboard to apply changes.
- For users with mobility issues (or if the canvas registers a lot of accidental touches), disabling the following may make Whiteboard easier to use.
- Multiple touch
- Multi-touch gestures
- Palm eraser
- Configure default font for the Text tool .
- The default font can also be configured on the myViewBoard.com web site.
- Configure default text-to-speech settings.
- Voice: Note that the user can only select voices that are already installed in the system.
- Speed: Adjust how fast the voice reads the text.
- Volume: Adjust how loud the voice reads the text.
- Palm Eraser allows is a feature enabled on some Interactive Flat Panels (IFP) that allows users to use the side of their palm to erase pen strokes, even if the pen tool is not currently selected.
- GPU Acceleration allows devices with a dedicated graphics processor to use this extra computing power to improve performance in Whiteboard.
Specify how long the Whiteboard program should wait before it displays the screensaver. Select the icon to disable the screensaver.
The myViewBoard screensaver appears whenever the application is left idle for a set amount of time.
Companion App Download
QR codes for downloading the myViewBoard Companion App.
- Alternatively, you can download the Companion App from Downloads page in myViewBoard.com.
- For help on using the Companion App, go to Companion guide.
Displays help for common Whiteboard tasks and questions.
Notes: This tab is divided into the following sections:
- Provides links to basic video tutorials about selected Whiteboard features.
- Videos open in their own floating window through the Embedded browser.
- Provides links to video tutorials on more advanced topics about selected Whiteboard features.
- Videos open in their own floating window through the Embedded browser..
- What's new: Opens a window that lists the new features for the current release.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Opens the wiki page about available hotkeys in Whiteboard for Windows.
- myViewBoard wiki: Launches the Embedded browser and opens the wiki.
- Go to myViewBoard.com help page: Opens the Embedded browser and loads the myViewBoard FAQ page.
- Collect and shows the PC's information: Scans the system for hardware and software components, then inserts a text report onto the canvas. To copy the report, double click the text to enter "text editor" mode, press CTRL+A and CTRL+C.
- Show 3rd party open source library licenses: Inserts the license agreements of 3rd party components used by Whiteboard as a text report.
Displays version details for the Whiteboard for Windows program.
This tab displays the following details:
- Email: Email address used to activate this Whiteboard installation
- Whiteboard Name: Whiteboard name provided during installation
- Instance ID: Unique ID assigned to this installation
- Version: Whiteboard version currently installed
Additionally, the following tasks are available on this tab:
- View the Remote Control status to check if it is possible to use the casting module.
- If the user has not yet received the activation email, click Re-send the activation email to try again. This option is not available once the software has been activated.
- Click Update Whiteboard to check if a newer version is available.
If your network environment requires proxy server authentication, Whiteboard prompts for your proxy server user name and password during launch. This information is usually provided by your IT Administrator.
- Type a valid user name and password for the proxy server.
- Click Sign In.
- Whiteboard should start normally. You should be able to connect to the internet.
If you click Cancel, Whiteboard will still start but features that require an active internet connection will not be available.
If you encounter connectivity issues even after successful sign in, check your system's proxy setting configuration.