Classroom for Teachers
View a printer-friendly summary of all toolbar icons for Classroom here.
Create engaging lessons
Main toolbar icons:
|File management||Create a new lesson, open an existing file, export the current lesson, and share via QR code with the Classroom File Management icon in the main toolbar.|
|Magic Box||Insert myViewBoard Clips, approved web images, YouTube videos, widgets, sticky notes and more.|
|Select tool||Select pen, text, and media objects on the canvas, and edit with the adorning menu.|
|Pen||Draw on the whiteboard. Click on the pen icon twice to view more options|
|Eraser||Erase objects and pen strokes - click twice for more options.|
|Shapes||Insert shapes onto the canvas, click twice for more options.|
|Text||Click on the canvas to place text box, and edit text attributes with the adorning menu.|
Use existing lesson materials in Classroom
If you have existing lesson materials such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, PDF, or image files, you can use them in Classroom sessions. PDF, PowerPoint, and Slides files with multiple pages/slides will be inserted onto separate Classroom session pages. Access local and cloud storage via MagicBox .
- Prime the class with myViewBoard Clips and YouTube
- Import your existing PowerPoint and Slides, and allow students to annotate pages with their ideas and answers
- Use huddles for group work, and bring attention back to the lesson with Eyes On Me
- Use myViewBoard Originals for backgrounds, games and tasks
- Each Classroom session has a unique ID. You can also set a session password - do this in FollowMe settings.
- The Classroom session can be shared as a web address directly, or by QR code.
- Classroom can also connect with Google Classroom, allowing the student list to be transferred directly into the myViewBoard Classroom session. It also allows lesson materials to be posted directly to Google Classroom.
Click the Huddle icon in the main toolbar to access the following classroom management icons:
|Teacher's view: When enabled, all students see the main canvas only.|
|Student's view: When enabled, students see only the canvas assigned to their huddle. |
|Mute all: Cancels all 'Raise hand' requests and mutes everyone in the session. |
|Pen on: Enables everyone to interact with the canvas.|
|Minimize/Restore: Minimizes/Restores all huddle groups.|
|Active huddle view: Selects which huddle is active.|
|Huddle menu: Displays the Huddle List and Huddle management icons.|
|Number of huddles: Sets the number of active huddles in the session.|
|Students list: Shows a list view of all students in the session.|
Use your webcam and microphone
- Enable your webcam and microphone by clicking the icons in the bottom right of the screen.
- The video preview window can be minimized and dragged to different positions.
Students can use their microphone to speak to the class
- Students can use the raise hand icon on their device to let the teacher know they wish to speak. This appears on the teacher's student list as a flashing yellow box around the student's name.
- The teacher can choose to allow the student to speak. Multiple students can speak at the same time, and they can temporarily mute their own devices when not needed.
Using the Raise Hand feature from a student's perspective.
Present your lesson
- Classroom sessions open into 'Prepare' mode, where you have access to all tools to create a lesson.
- Switch to 'Present' mode in the floating toolbar to interact with media. You can still draw on the canvas, navigate pages, and manage student interaction when in present mode.
- You can also record your Classroom sessions. This includes audio and video, and can be saved locally or to cloud storage.