Classroom for Students
This is a quick guide for students. Read on to learn how to join and participate in myViewBoard Classroom sessions.
If you're an educator, click here for a different guide.
Join a Classroom session
Using a Session ID
- Wait for the teacher to share the Classroom session link.
- If given a URL or a QR code, open the link using a web browser. You can use the myViewBoard Companion App to scan the QR code (or any other QR code reader).
- If given a session ID, go to the following web address:
- Enter your teacher's session ID in the first field and your name in the second.
- Enter the password if the teacher has chosen a private session.
- Congratulations, you have now joined the Classroom.
Join via Google Classroom
- The teacher will share the session link in Google Classroom.
- Open the link, and then enter your name and session password if required.
- Congratulations, you have now joined the myViewBoard Classroom session.
Participate in class
Students can use pen tools to draw on the canvas, add images using the Magic Box, as well as add sticky notes, shapes, and text. First the teacher has to enable editing of the canvas by students.
If the teacher has enabled Realtime Collaboration in the settings, students can also see cursors from other users when they interact with objects.
Draw with Canvas tools
You can use the following tools to interact with the canvas.
Access local storage and search web images.
Select objects and pictures.
Draw freehand lines. Click again to open pen options.
Erase objects. Click again to open eraser options.
Shapes and Lines
Draw shapes with different styles.
Insert and format text.
Raise Hand to ask for help
Just like in a 'real' classroom, you can get the teacher's attention by raising your hand. If the teacher has time, they can then let you speak - or they might send a message using the chat, or simply wait until a convenient time to talk.
Click the Raise Hand button on the bottom of your screen. It will turn yellow - this means your hand is raised and the teacher will be notified.
Use your microphone to talk to the class
When you join a Classroom session, your microphone will always be turned off. The teacher can give you speaking permission, so make sure you're paying attention! You can always mute your microphone by clicking . It will turn red to indicate your microphone is on mute.
Access online resources to learn more about myViewBoard.
Security and Policy
Find out about myViewBoard secure connections.
Follow us on social media and get notified of the latest news and updates.
Disclaimer: All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.