Classroom for Students
This is a quick guide for students. Read on to learn how to join and participate in myViewBoard Classroom sessions.
If you're an educator, click here for a different guide.
Join a Classroom session
Using a Session ID
- Wait for the teacher to share the Classroom session link.
- If given a URL or a QR code, open the link using a web browser. You can use the Companion to scan the QR code (or any other QR code reader).
- If given a session ID, go to the following web address:
- Enter your teacher's session ID in the first field and your name in the second.
- Enter the password if the teacher has chosen a private session.
- Congratulations, you have now joined the Classroom.
Join via Google Classroom
- The teacher will share the session link in Google Classroom.
- Open the link, and then enter your name and session password if required.
- Congratulations, you have now joined the myViewBoard Classroom session.
Participate in class
Here's some ways to participate in classes:
Draw with Canvas tools
You can use the following tools to interact with the canvas.
Access local storage and search web images.
Select objects and pictures.
Draw freehand lines. Click again to open pen options.
Erase objects. Click again to open eraser options.
Shapes and Lines
Draw shapes with different styles.
Insert and format text.
Ask a question with Raise Hand
Click the Raise Hand feature if you have a question or want to participate in a discussion.
Use the Raise Hand feature to talk to your teacher.
Here's how to raise your hand and ask to speak:
- Click the Raise Hand icon at the bottom of the screen. It will turn yellow to indicate you're requesting to speak.
- Wait for the teacher to grant you voice access to the Classroom.
- When enabled by the teacher, the Raise Hand icon turns green and you can talk to the Classroom.
- Click the icon again to turn your microphone off. The teacher also can turn your microphone off.
Disclaimer: All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.