Whiteboard online Release History
NEW v3.5.6 (2021-06-07)
- - Draw lines (Shape > Line)
- - Add tables (Shape > Table)
- - Support YouTube Short URLs as video objects (Magic Box > Webpage)
- - Support multiple Chinese font family
- - Recording feature is more intuitive, added recording time
- - Streamlined Google Classroom integration
- - Fixed Magic Box UI issues
- - Fixed Chat UI issues
- - Supports importing Audio & Video files from local and cloud drive including
Video: *.mp4, *.mov / Audio: *.WAV, *.aac, *.mp3
- - Added new category "Art & Humanities" for Originals background
- - Many other bug fixes and tweaks!
- - Text Editor: added strikethrough effect
- - Magic Box: now supports importing .qb files
- - More functionality when selecting groups of objects
- - File Management: export files to Google Shared Drive
- - Drag and drop objects straight from the Magic Box menu into pages, from Page Overview
- - Drag and drop a QR code linking to a copy of the session from File > Share by QR code
- - In Page overview, drag and drop a page to re-arrange the page order
- - Allow users search-related information of AI object by Google
- - Sticky note behavior is improved
- - Improved Page Management behavior and reliability
- - Fixed bugs for iPad
- - Keep your webpage list no matter which device or browser you use
- - Improved the speed of Magic Box
- - Many backend improvements
- - Many, many other bug fixes and tweak!
- - Now supports Microsoft Word files (*.docx, *.doc).
- - Updated copyright information.
- - [Resolved] - [Immersive reader] [Whiteboard] Immersive reader sometimes did not work.
- - [Resolved] - [Tool Bar] Changing the language in present mode resets toolbar to default.
- - [Resolved] - [Magic Box] [File management] [Import] Previously filename extensions were case-sensitive, now they are case insensitive.
- - [Resolved] - [Text Editor] Clicking "x" to exit text editor sometimes caused the text object disappear.
- - Improved user experience of Presentation and Preparation modes.
- - Adorning menu for objects will not appear outside visible canvas area.
- - [Bug fix] Can now open .pptx files from cloud storage via Magic Box.
- - Added "skip blank page" option when exporting pdf to local drive. When exporting to Google drive, or sharing via QR code, this is applied by default.
- - Users can import files from Google shared drive with Magic Box.
- - Improved text editor scrolling when in presentation mode.
- - Text editor default font size is now 24.
- - Page thumbnails in page management view now include objects, images, YouTube, widgets, web content, and clips.
- - "No Guests allowed" option removed from Setting page.
- - Improved scrolling for sticky notes when in presentation mode.
- - Shape object minimum size set to 10*10 pixels as default.
- - Reduced time taken to open and import files.
- - Performance improvements.
- - Improved page management and reduced network load by modifying thumbnail generator.
- - Improved connection reliability.
- - Text editor improvements for performance and user experience.
- - Restored earlier function of immersive reader, reducing errors.
- - Thumbnails now include image objects, when importing pdf files.
- - Added support for importing Google Docs file
- - Updated Whiteboard's URL to https://myviewboard.com/Whiteboard
- - [Fixed] The exported pdf file will still contain the contents and pages of the huddles
- - [Fixed] After exporting a canvas with SVG files to pdf, the SVG files are missed.
- - [Fixed] After exporting a canvas with a color background to pdf, the background color is missed.
- - UI revision
♦Important Notes: ♦
- - Removed Session management / Google Classroom announcement / Huddle management / Timer / Draw Straws / Polling / Mini Map
- - .notebook and .iwb files are not supported
- - [Fixed] The user may encounter errors when they want to bind google classroom
- - [Fixed] A new Whiteboard page opens every time after binding a Google drive account
- - User can sign in with myViewBoard account to join a ClassRoom session
- - New file menu
- - Added 'fill color' on the side tool bar
- - Added 'fit to screen' on the side tool bar
- - Added 'duplicate page' on the page management menu
- - The AI Pen menu will be closed automatically if the host disables student editing permission
- - Laser pen feature has been removed from the student view
- - Place tooltips on all necessary icons
- - Beautify the new background management menu a little bit
- - Refined the Login Code display style for Huddle and List View
- - Refined the sync flow of YouTube object
Releases Q1/Q2 2020
- - Defined UI behavior of adorning menu.
- - Improved UI for kick out button when user's name is too long.
- - Improved format of the links for the hyperlinks.
- - Disabled IWB and vBoard import.
- - Added "More" button in menu when users have more than 10 classes.
- - Updated UI for QR share.
- - Post a file to Google Classroom Announcement
- - Google Classroom's Course ID is saved to the file every time Digital Whiteboard connects to a class
- - Google Classroom auto connects when opening the file
- - The current Digital Whiteboard session connects with the selected Google Classroom Class to retrieve students list
- - Improved binding flow function and UI design
- - UI has been improved
- - After binding Classroom, Chinese should now display correctly
- - Fixed issue where PDF import is unsuccessful if you don't bind a Google Drive first
- - Added support for the Tamil Language
Other Versions (2019)
- - Added copy and paste function
- - Added lock function
- - Added distribution function for objects like Google Drive files, video and images
- - Changed the UX for session code on the first page. Users now need to click on the top right tool bar to see the session code.
- - Page management UI will always show the current page in the middle if there are more than 3 pages
- - Rearranged the roaming function for the tool bar
- - Enhanced mini map tool
- - Improved speed when inking
v1.24.10 (2019-11-04) Features
- - Added duplication feature for objects
- - Added layer option to objects
- - Added indicators for group members
- - Ability to change session code
- - Support for Google drive to use the shared with me folder
- - Improvement on minor UIUX issues
- - Improved list of saved boards
- - Improved background import from FollowMeAI
- - Improved layer function
- - Improved off-task reminder: ability to define student order
- - Improved group identification on student's side
- - Improved .notebook file import
- - Improved background for client side
- - Improved object rotation
- - Allow users to change session code when needed
- - Rotation of objects are retained
- - Improvements to text objects
- - Enhanced Huddle Mode capability
- - Fixed issue where the guest's pen color was different for the host
- - Google drive thumbnails now appear
- - Improved PDF export for Huddle Groups
- - Added Español under Language Setting
- - QuickBoard is now myViewBoard
- - Added markers in the UI for students to indicate which group they are in
- - Added Dutch to the language setting
- - Added lasso grouping features
- - Added ability to export huddle groups into the PDF
- - Improved synchronization on the guests' side
- - Improved undo/redo behavior when rotating objects
- - Improved Shape tool performance
- - Improved export and import of IWB files
- - Improved Eraser tool to function only within different modes
- - Fixed the issue where user can't drag objects onto the canvas when toolbar is on the right
- - Enhanced YouTube when adding it on to the page
- - Enhanced the erase function when erasing objects
- - Activities in the Magic Box are disabled
- - Classroom binding is disabled on the Magic Box
- - Added "Please wait for the host to start this session" error message
- - Background color keeps the same color when a new page is added
- - Added an exit icon for the on-session code page
- - Added new colored images for AI Pens
- - Added close button for the QuickBoard session page
- - Redesigned undo/redo functions for faster inking
- - Redesigned page management feature to reduce rendering time
- - Redesigned the thumbnail generator for the minimap
- - Eraser enhancements to sync faster for other users
- - AI pen function enhancements
- - Enhancements for the PDF files in huddle mode: PDF files occupy a full page in a canvas instead of the whole screen
- - Text Editor enhancements: you need to select the words in order to use subscript/superscript
- - Text Editor enhancements: a maximum value is added to the font size
- - UI enhancements for the adorning menu
- - UX enhancements for the Mini Map
- - Improved loading flow for guests
- - Improved move and rotate function
- - Improved inking performance
- - Improved eraser performance
- - Improved UI for student list after importing the students from Classroom
- - Improved UI for QR Code sharing
- - Improved YouTube API to improve the quota for search
- - Fixed abnormal positioning of file menu when opened with toolbars at the bottom
- - Fixed minor bugs for the iwb file format
- - Fixed minor bugs for eraser
- - Fixed minor issues with text editor
- - Import
.notebookfiles to the canvas (Note: MagicPen and CreativePen are not yet implemented)
- - Open up saved QuickBoard sessions or
.iwbfiles from Google Drive
- - Text to speech function added to the Text editor
- - Permission button added for each huddle group
- - Improvements to the login UI
- - Implemented Google Material Design UI enhancements to some tool bars
- - Improvements to AI pen search results
- - Improvements to Huddle mode experience
- - Bind myViewBoard Classroom roster to QuickBoard
- - Submit feedback from QuickBoard
- - File menu added
- - Added progress indicator for file menu
- - Implemented Google Material Design for UI
- - Enhanced the export user experience
- - Added rotation for objects
- - Improved on PDF exportation
- - Enhanced Page Management list
- - Fixed some minor issues with the UI
- - Added warning message when deleting a page
- - Enhanced
- - New Virtual Huddle UI. Users can view the student list/Virtual Huddle and the canvas at the same time.
- - Message when user does not have a cloud drive set up when uploading PDF or IWB files to the cloud.
- - Enhanced Eyes-on-me user experience
- - Enhanced
- - Mini-map is closed when starting a new session
- - CustomPDF Viewer (with PageInfo, PageControls, Bookmarks)
- - QR code generator for the session code
- - Permission button to allow/disable all users to draw
- - Add a session to the cloud drive
- - Support for GIF files
- - Customization ability for "Eyes-on-me" function
- - Option to set toolbars to the bottom of the screen
- - Background can be added normally to each page
- - Once the host starts the present mode, all tools are closed on the user side
- - Default text for the Eyes-on-me function is "Please Look Up"
- - Improvements to the polling flow
- - Improved UI/UX for the Polling function
- - Improvements to drag and drop capability
- - Ability for host/client to draw at the same time
- - Client can only erase their own drawings
- - Client cannot move other client's drawings
- - Minor improvements to the overall UI
- - Improved export/import experience
- - Updated some of the tip texts
- - Only the Host has control over the language settings
- - Updated AI-Pen set
- - Improvements to the Huddle mode user experience
- - Prompt to bind a cloud drive if no cloud drive is bound yet