Throw allows users to send images, videos, and other documents wirelessly from their device to a Whiteboard session. No download necessary.
Throw is available for Whiteboard for Windows and Whiteboard for Android with Premium or Entity accounts (see myviewboard.com for more information).
Before using Throw
- To use Throw, make sure you are signed in to Whiteboard (see sign in to Whiteboard for a guide).
- Share your Whiteboard session ID to your audience, either as a URL or a QR code. The session ID is the myViewBoard name that appears in the top left of the Whiteboard. Users can Throw files to your Whiteboard session from a web browser or the Companion. This is the same method for using Pop Quiz and Polls.
How to use Throw
On the audience side, simply use a web browser or the myViewBoard Companion app to access the web portal for the host session.
Throw using the Whiteboard Portal webpage
The host may instruct users to go to a Whiteboard portal webpage to interact with the active Whiteboard session. To get the portal URL, the host must click the session's myViewBoard Name located on the top right corner of the titlebar to display the Portal URL or a QR code to share. The Portal is an online page that users can access without the need to sign in. It is recommended that participants use a Chromium-based browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access the public portal.
The portal URL uses the following URL format:
- Enter your name or nickname and click Confirm.
- Under Throw files to the Whiteboard, click upload, or drag and drop files into the area below.
- The selected object is automatically sent.
Throw using myViewBoard Companion
Throw lets you share files or photos from your phone to a Whiteboard session.
- Click the Throw icon.
- Select Camera or Browse, then take your picture or select the file.
- On the next screen, enter the Host Whiteboard name, or scan the QR code of the Whiteboard.
- Click the icon to send the file.
If successful, the Whiteboard session host should receive a notification.
If you are sending the file to your own Whiteboard session (the Companion app and Whiteboard are signed in with the same account), the Companion app will also ask you if you want to open the file on the Whiteboard. If you choose not to, you can always access all thrown files from the notifications icon or Magic Box > Throw.
View thrown content on the Whiteboard
The Whiteboard host will receive a notification for each file thrown to the whiteboard. Click a notification, or open the Throw window in Magic Box to view shared files.