The Screen Capture tool takes a screen shot of the current canvas state, or record events occuring on the canvas. The Screen Capture tool provides the following options:
- Capture a rectangular region (Rectangle)
- Capture a freehand region (Freehand)
- Capture the entire screen
- Start a screen recording
The Screen Capture Tool is available in both myViewBoard and Desktop modes.
Taking a Screenshot
To take a screenshot, perform the following steps:
- Click the Screen Capture tool.
- Click one of the following to take a screenshot of the current canvas state.
Icon Feature Description Capture the entire screen Click to instantly capture the entire canvas area. Capture a freehand region Draw a closed shape around the area to capture. The capture is ignored if the shape is not closed. Capture a rectangular region Click and drag to draw a rectangle over the area to capture. Release to capture.
- After the capture, the image is saved onto the canvas as a new object.
- Interact with the image as with any other object in the canvas.
Users that are currently logged in have the option to save the screenshot to their cloud storage.
- Click the image once.
- Click the Save as... icon from the menu.
- Navigate to the desired location, and click the check icon.
Recording the Screen
To record the canvas, perform the following steps:
- Click the Screen Capture tool, then click the following icon.
Icon Feature Description Records events on the canvas Click to open the recording toolbar.
- Set up the recording environment:
Volume slider - set the recording volume for the session
Specify a recoding mode:
- camera lenses - record the whole screen
- pointer finger - specify a freehand region to record
- Click the record button.
- If a freehand region was specified, red lines appear along the edges of the screen. Drag these to resize the recording area and then click the record button again.
- If you selected to record the whole screen, select a video resolution, then click the checkmark to get started.
- During recording, a floating bar provides the option to pause/resume the screen recording, or stop it at any time.
- Click Stop to end the recording. Once stop is pressed, review the video using the preview window.
- Click the Save disk icon and select a location to save the video. You can only save videos to the local hard drive and not to your cloud storage.