The Screen Capture tool takes a screen shot of the current canvas state, or record events occuring on the canvas. The Screen Capture tool provides the following options:
- Capture a rectangular region (Rectangle)
- Capture a freehand region (Freehand)
- Capture the entire screen
- Start a screen recording
The Screen Capture Tool is available in both myViewBoard and Desktop modes.
Taking a Screenshot
To take a screenshot, perform the following steps:
- Click the Screen Capture tool.
- Click one of the following to take a screenshot of the current canvas state.
Icon Feature Description Capture the entire screen Click to instantly capture the entire canvas area. Capture a freehand region Draw a closed shape around the area to capture. The capture is ignored if the shape is not closed. Capture a rectangular region Click and drag to draw a rectangle over the area to capture. Release to capture.
- After the capture, the image is saved onto the canvas as a new object.
- Interact with the image as with any other object in the canvas.
Users that are currently logged in have the option to save the screenshot to their cloud storage.
- Click the image once.
- Click the Save as... icon from the menu.
- Navigate to the desired location, and click the check icon.
Recording the Screen
To record the canvas, perform the following steps:
- Click the Screen Capture tool, then click the following icon.
Icon Feature Description Records events on the canvas Click to open the recording toolbar.
- Set up the recording environment:
Volume slider - set the recording volume for the session
Specify a recoding mode:
- camera lenses - record the whole screen
- pointer finger - specify a freehand region to record
- Click the record button.
- If a freehand region was specified, red lines appear along the edges of the screen. Drag these to resize the recording area and then click the record button again.
- If you selected to record the whole screen, select a video resolution, then click the checkmark to get started.
- During recording, a floating bar provides the option to pause/resume the screen recording, or stop it at any time.
- Click Stop to end the recording. Once stop is pressed, review the video using the preview window.
- Click the Save disk icon and select a location to save the video. You can only save videos to the local hard drive and not to your cloud storage.
Streaming the Screen
myViewBoard supports streaming to the following services:
|Stream URL: rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 |
|Stream URL: rtmps://live-api-s.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ |
|Stream URL: rtmp://live.twitch.tv/app/ |
To start the stream, perform the following:
- Open the Screen Capture tool on the main toolbar.
- Click the Camera icon to open the recording/streaming menu.
- On the Recording toolbar, click the stream icon .
- Set your desired video resolution and click
- Provide the following:
- Stream Key - Log in to your streaming service to find your unique streaming key.
- Stream URL - The stream URL for your platform (see above).
- (Optional) Select the "Record the stream" checkbox to record a copy of the stream to your local drive.
Streaming requires a Stream Key and a Stream URL.