Whiteboard for Windows Release History
(Redirected from Whiteboard for Windows Release History)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
- 1 v188.8.131.52 (2020-09-07)
- 2 v184.108.40.206 (2020-08-03)
- 3 v220.127.116.11 (2020-07-06)
- 4 v18.104.22.168 (2020-06-01)
- 5 v22.214.171.124 (2020-05-07)
- 6 v126.96.36.199 (2020-04-08)
- 7 v188.8.131.52 (2020-03-02)
- 8 v184.108.40.206 (2020-02-10)
- 9 v220.127.116.11 (2020-01-13)
- 10 v18.104.22.168 (2019-12-03)
- 11 v22.214.171.124 (2019-11-06)
- 12 v126.96.36.199 (2019-10-07)
- 13 v188.8.131.52 (2019-09-09)
- 14 v184.108.40.206 (2019-08-05)
- 15 v220.127.116.11 (2019-07-01)
- 16 v18.104.22.168 (2019-06-03)
- 17 v22.214.171.124 (2019-05-06)
- 18 v126.96.36.199 (2019-04-01)
- - Support for Apple ID Single Sign In.
- - Support for SVG file format. It's now possible to import .svg files and save SVG content to a .vboard file.Added Traditional Chinese support for "Live Caption".
- Full support for SVG 1.0
- Supports SVG 2.0 without css.
If the SVG file includes CSS, the image may not display properly, or may not display at all.
- - During desktop mode, no need to tap/click the 'mouse/pen switching' button first to access the Magic Box.
- - Entering an entity email address during installation automatically activates and registers the software under that entity.
- - USB Camera feature has been reworked:
- Greatly reduced CPU usage when camera is active
- Limited the number of resolution options available to the user
- Removed the option to annotate, erase and move the camera feed
- - Result page interface of Poll/Quiz has been enhanced.
- - Option to edit the length displayed on a polygon.
- - Improved toggle behavior of bullet points in the text editor.
- - AI Pen returns responses much faster.
- - Added support for Arabic language.
- - Added "Voting" and "Random Draw" questions types in "Poll/Quiz" under Magic Box.
- - Added Traditional Chinese support for "Live Caption".
- - On the Eraser menu, switching to presentation mode hides the Trash can icon.
- - Significant improvements on stroke smoothness.
- - Added tool tips in the screenshot menu.
- - Use of the mouse middle button to move the canvas without selecting the infinite canvas tool first.
- - Use of the mouse wheel to zoom in/out on the canvas without selecting the infinite canvas tool first.
- - Added support for Japanese language.
- - Changing themes no longer removes any previously set background image, changes the active pen, or resets text colors.
- - If the inserted AI pen object does not have any closed region, the color fill icon on the adorning menu is hidden.
- - Option to show or hide the question panel of the Pop Quiz menu.
- - Option to show or hide all answers in the Pop Quiz menu
- - Added a quick color selection section for pens, except Shape and Magic Line pens.
- - Added quick selection sections for shapes, 3D shapes, and lines.
- - Removed option to set "bottom left" and "bottom right" as docking areas of the main menu bar.
- - Flow direction of menus are no longer modified when placing the main tool bar on the right side of a screen.
- - Conversion of user handwriting to text uses the current font size of the text editor.
- - Added host portal QRcode on "Poll/Quiz" main menu.
- - User is able to hide or show the toolbar of a document camera menu.
- - Added support for the Italian language.
- - Added support for proxy server authentication. When proxy server authentication is required, a pop-up dialog prompts the user to type a valid account name and password to use for the proxy server sign-in.
- - Added "Poll/Quiz" feature to handle formatted questions. Supported question types include "Multiple Choices", "True/False", "Rating" and "Free Response". Hosts can save questions in a .vBoard file. Attendees can answer questions through the Companion app or myViewBoard website. Results can be shown with a bar chart and exported to a .csv file. The feature is available in "Premium" tier and above.
- - Added "Laser Stroke" feature. Host can draw lines using the Companion app to highlight important areas in the canvas. Host can also use the companion app to clean these lines.
- - The default path of all cloud drives when opened has been updated to "root".
- - myViewBoard now keeps the location of the main tool bar after the user switches back to whiteboard mode.
- - Opening a webcam automatically selects 640x480 as the default webcam video resolution.
- - Added option to mute the notification alert sound.
- - Drag any object without selecting the object.
- - Added support for "Starred" folders on Google Drive.
- - Improved connector rendering performance when zooming or moving a canvas.
- - Create a live stream through YouTube Live, Facebook, or WorkPlace from the screen recorder.
- - Lock selected objects, but still be able to move them.
- - Import Google Slides, Docs and Jamboards from Google Drive.
- - Access myViewBoard Original Content background images in the Background management menu.
- - Access myViewBoard Original Content templates in the File management menu.
- - Vietnamese language support.
- - When drawing shapes or lines, font sizes for length and angle measurements have been increased to provide better readability.
- - Added new hotkey "Ctrl + R" to open the screen recorder.
- - When saving a selected multimedia resource locally, myViewBoard automatically saves the file to the “Videos”, “Music” or “Pictures” folder (depending on the file type) using an auto-generated file name.
- - Support for the Kannada and Hindi language, which are parts of Indian languages.
- - Support "Throw to Present" for .pptx, .pdf and image files
- - Sign in is no longer required to use the Immersive Reader.
- - Live Caption is available under all modes (preparation, presentation and desktop modes).
- - If you drag and drop an Original Content background image onto a canvas, myViewBoard Original Content background images are no longer added to the user defined background folder.
- - Enhanced performance of the Page management menu.
- - Added the "eye dropper" function to the color picker.
- - Improved loading time during launch.
- - Added support for the Tamil language, which is one of the Indian languages.
- - Saving a .vboard file no longer clears the undo and redo history.
- - Updated the outline color of selected objects to orange.
- - Aspect ratio of PopQuiz answer images are now preserved and will not be stretched.
- - User is able to set the language of the handwriting recognition in the settings menu.
- - Palm eraser detection has been improved greatly on all ViewSonic interactive flat panels.
- - Added "LiveCaption" feature. After signing in, switch to presentation mode to use the feature. When you speak through a microphone, closed captions appear on the top of the screen. The feature is available only for selected accounts. If you are interested, please contact us at: https://www.viewsonic.com/eu/contact/
- - Added audio recording feature. It records audio from a microphone and the system. The feature is located besides the screen recorder button.
- - Assigned background images are no longer saved into the application default settings.
- - The Pen tool is the default active tool after launch.
- - The UI layout of the resource management menu has been changed to make it cleaner.
- - Direction labels of the KoershoekMeter tool have been updated to English.
- - Added "question canvas" on the Pop Quiz menu. When saving a Pop Quiz session, the question is also saved.
- - Improved palm eraser detection with multi-touch.
- - New hot key "Ctrl + Drag" to replicate an object.
- - Updated German and Spanish translations
- - Added koershoekmeter to the Magic Box tools.
- - Added new entity feature that allows entity administrators to permit or forbid users from signing in to selected entity instances.
- - Users are required to sign before using YouTube search, image search and Immersive Reader.
- - Page management UI has been redesigned based on PowerPoint's slide management layout.
- - Option to save the current Pop Quiz session in a folder of a local or cloud drive.
- - Hotkeys have been remapped. Review the complete list of hotkeys at https://wiki.myviewboard.com/Keyboard_Shortcuts
- - The UX of the text editor has been reworked.
- - When saving, audio links inside .vboard files are saved as embedded files.
- - Added a transparency adjustment slider on the 3D dice and XY graph tools.
- - Added a color selection option for the pen on the XY graph tool.
- - Embed browser has better multi-language support for websites that require the feature.
- - Added 3D dice and X-Y graph to the Magic Box tools.
- - Added new animation 'fade in'. Additionally, you can apply both 'fade in' and 'fade out', and also specify the animation order on any selected object.
- - Background images are displayed as tiles occupying a 9x9 grid on the canvas.
- - The Education theme has been updated. Default background color is now white, while the default pen and text color has been updated to black.
- - Exported PDF, PPTX or images display the URL of embedded YouTube videos or web widgets.
- - Assign preparation or presentation mode as the default mode after starting the app.
- - Drag and drop any myViewBoard Original Content from the Embed browser onto the canvas.
- - Quality of imported PDF pages have been improved.
- - Added support for Microsoft Immersive Reader. You can launch the Immersive Reader within the Embed browser by performing a "long-press" on selected text. You can also use it on a selected text area on the canvas, or from within the text editor.
- - Added support for Google Calendar. After binding Google Calendar, sign in and tap the date on the canvas to view events listed under the "myViewBoard" calendar. Likewise, all events created here will also be saved under the "myViewBoard" calendar.
- - Removed the ⇧ Shift+B and ⇧ Shift+X hot keys. These keys are now exclusively reserved for typing a capital B or X.
- - Improvements to table cell selection. To select, perform a long press on the table cell to select.
- - Magic Box now includes a tab to search for license-free and family-friendly images.
- - Option to apply four different linear gradient color styles as the background color.
- - New Custom Shape tool converts lines, arrows, and irregular polygons drawn by the user.
- - Option to set default font style, size, and color on the FollowMe AI page in myViewBoard.com.
- - Enhancements to the table adorning menu:
- Insert and delete table rows and columns
- Merge and unmerge cells
- - Magic Box now includes the Windows Math Input Panel in the tool section
- - Apply fade out animation to selected text objects
- - Switch between icon or detailed view on the file explorer inside Magic Box
- - Sort sticky notes by colors in the "My Stickies" menu
- - Updated available images for stickers and magic line pen. Also, the available options for Sticker and Magic Line Pen have also been updated.
- - Minor UI enhancements to the Object rotation assistance menu
- - UI displays a progress bar for long operations performed on the canvas
- - Save recorded video to a bound cloud drive account
v188.8.131.52 (2019-07-17) Production Hotfix
- - If the 'unbind' command was applied to the integrated Zoom account during a Whiteboard for Windows session, opening the Zoom meeting feature displays an error message. If the user binds the Zoom account again, myViewBoard can refresh the token without requiring the user to log out.
- - Search feature of the YouTube widget has been fixed
- - Added support for Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish languages
- - Use of arrow keys to move selected objects
- - Pressing the left or right arrow key no longer flips pages
- - Use two fingers to rotate and scale the clock, ruler, set square and protractor tools
- - Embedded browser is easier to scroll with touch
- - Use the Magic Box tool to import .flipchart files.
- - Use the Fill color tool located in the 2D shape menu for 2D shapes, 3D shapes and AI pen objects.
- - Assign a local default background color in FollowMe AI. After signing in, if no default background image was assigned, the local default background color is applied.
- - When drawing a line with the ruler, the line stops at 0.
- - Drawing behaviors for protractor and compass are now consistent.
- - Measurement for the ruler and compass are now consistent.
- - Objects in imported .notebook or .enb files no longer scale to fit the current canvas size. Original locations and sizes are preserved.
- - Prompt to save the current opened .vboard file when the user double taps on another .vboard file.
- - Easier snap-to-edge behavior
- - Drag and move a group of objects by touch without selecting them first
- - Support for exporting canvases to an .iwb file
- - Improvements to ruler, geodreieck, protractor, compass and clock to be more user friendly
- - Transparency adjustment for strokes, lines, connectors, shapes and 3D shapes via the object menu
- - Host portal URL shown on a dedicated panel instead of pasting onto the canvas
- - Fade out animation cannot be applied to line, arc, and connector
- - After signing in, shows the host's tier information on the host information panel
- - Embedded browser supports loading URLs in a new tab
- - Added fade out animation option on the object menu. In Presentation mode, tap on objects where the effect has been applied to fade these objects out.
- - Combine multiple selected shapes into a single shape via the object menu
- - Divide an ellipse into multiple pie slices via the object menu
- - Added support for Polish and Portuguese language
- - Binding of any cloud service cannot be done within the application.
- - Update of AI Pen and QR Code Sharing permissions according to the up-to-date tiers
- - Text to speech profile can be configured in the settings menu
- - Text to speech option in the text editor works on partially selected sentences or words in a paragraph
- - Media player support for playing in loops
- - Assign default font and font size for the text editor in the settings menu