myViewBoard Training Guide
myViewBoard is a web based collaborative whiteboard system.
Sign up for a myViewBoard account
To use myViewBoard, users need to create a complimentary myViewBoard account at http://www.myviewboard.com.
myViewBoard provides the following options to sign up:
Integrate an existing Google or Microsoft account:
- Click one of the following:
- Sign in with Google
- Sign in with Microsoft
- On the next window, grant permission to myViewBoard to access the user's Google or Microsoft account.
Sign up using an email provider:
- On the myViewBoard sign up page, fill up the following details:
- Unique myViewBoard name
- Select the checkbox for EULA agreement.
- Click Sign Up.
After successful sign-up, perform the following steps:
- An activation email will be sent to the account. Activate the account by clicking the link in the activation email.
- After activation, sign in and set up the new myViewBoard account.
- On first sign in, myViewBoard.com prompts the user to update the user's Personal Profile and Account Name Setting.
Participating in a myViewBoard Session
Once your myViewBoard account is active, perform the following steps to participate in a myViewBoard session:
To join a myViewBoard session:
- Go to https://myviewboard.com and click on the 'Join a myViewBoard session' icon. Signing in is not required.
- On the new window, provide a name and a log in code. The log in code is provided by your myViewBoard host.
To host a myViewBoard session:
- Sign in to https://myviewboard.com, and click on the 'Start a myViewBoard session' icon.
- The next window provides three options to join a myViewBoard session:
- Login code - participants who are in the same room as the host
- QR code - best for users who are using mobile devices
- URL link - send through instant messaging.
After signing in, users are presented with a blank canvas. myViewBoard provides the following options to manage the session:
Opens options to change the canvas background.
Adjust zoom options.
Manage participants by placing them in groups.
Displays details required to login to myViewBoard session.
Displays help for common myViewBoard tasks and questions.
Displays version details for the myViewBoard for Windows program.
Settings that affect the current session.
myViewBoard Toolbar Icons
For more details about the icons that appear in myViewBoard, see myViewBoard Toolbar Icons.
The main toolbar contains tools that allow users to add annotations to the canvas area. This toolbar is always fixed to the right, left or bottom side of the program window. The appearance of icons in the toolbar vary depending on the selected theme.
myViewBoard includes the following icons in the toolbar:
Click and drag to move toolbar to the side of the screen.
Displays options for importing and exporting PDF files.
Displays various tools that you can insert into the canvas.
Selects objects, text and pictures.
Draws freehand lines and squiggles. Click again to open pen options.
Erases objects, based on the last mode selected. Click again to display eraser options.
Draws lines and shapes with different styles. Click again to display shape options.
Creates a textbox. Click again to switch to handwriting recognition.
Reverses the previous action.
Reverses the previous undo action.
Creates, selects, sorts, and deletes pages.
The Floating Toolbar allows users to perform operations on the canvas. This toolbar can be moved freely around the canvas area.
Drag to move the Floating Toolbar around the canvas.
Activate Present Mode to disable annotation tools.
Activate Create Mode to enable annotation tools.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, displays the previous page.
Switches the canvas to fullscreen mode.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, displays the next page.
Adds a new page to the canvas.
Opens the polling window.
Displays text over the students screen to temporarily prevent interaction.
In Presentation mode, allows zooming and moving the canvas .
Magic Box Icons
The Magic Box allows you to insert objects from various sources onto the canvas.
Inserts courses created in myViewBoard Classroom
Inserts a YouTube video
Inserts objects from a connected Google drive account
Inserts images from Google image search
Inserts a link to a web resource
Inserts activities created in myViewBoard Classroom
Inserts interactive tools onto the canvas
Inserts interactive widgets