Whiteboard online Release History
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
- - 'Save' option in File Management. If the user opened the existing session file from the cloud drive, 'Save' will allow to update the last saved version with the current working one and overwrite the file.
Improvements and bug fixes
- - Adjusted the layout of the Widget tool and its filter.
- - Fixed the text with underline and strikethrough behavior, now it can be saved to .pdf.
- - Enhanced the UI of Magic Box for cloud drive integrations.
NEW v3.8.4 (2021-09-06)
- - New 3D shapes - semicircular sphere, trapezoidal cylinder, sphere
- - New shapes - right triangle, trapezoid, parallelogram
- - Set an image from OneDrive or OneDrive for Business as background
- - Export your session materials in .qb & .pdf and recorded video to OneDrive and OneDrive for Business
- - Share your session materials with students by QR code with URLs to OneDrive and OneDrive for Business
- - myViewBoard Whiteboard is now available in Swedish (Svenska) & Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia)
- - New layout of Magic Box
- - Improved AI pen search: the user is able to search for a drawn picture in Google, Magic Box image search, and Youtube
- - Added a warning message when the user imports a file that can't be converted successfully
- - Only one Whiteboard session is allowed per one teacher account at the same time. No matter they are in one browser tabs or across different browsers or devices.
- - New cylinder and cone shapes! (Main Toolbar > Shapes > 3D Shape).
- - OneDrive and OneDrive for Business integration now available! Enable from Settings > Cloud integration.
- - Rotate imported images and text.
- - File upload limit set to 30 MB (for importing files to the canvas - does not affect saving to cloud or local storage).
- - Enhanced layout of Google Drive and OneDrive - User is able to see full file name and folder name.
- - Erase all drawing strokes (excluding locked objects).
- - Screen record and screen capture.
- - Added cube, tetrahedron, and quadrangular pyramid shapes.
- - Enhanced YouTube and image search.
- - Fixed Line issues on iPad
- - Draw lines (Shape > Line)
- - Add tables (Shape > Table)
- - Support YouTube Short URLs as video objects (Magic Box > Webpage)
- - Support multiple Chinese font family
- - Recording feature is more intuitive, added recording time
- - Streamlined Google Classroom integration
- - Fixed Magic Box UI issues
- - Fixed Chat UI issues
- - Supports importing Audio & Video files from local and cloud drive including
Video: *.mp4, *.mov / Audio: *.WAV, *.aac, *.mp3
- - Added new category "Art & Humanities" for Originals background
- - Many other bug fixes and tweaks!
- - Text Editor: added strikethrough effect
- - Magic Box: now supports importing .qb files
- - More functionality when selecting groups of objects
- - File Management: export files to Google Shared Drive
- - Drag and drop objects straight from the Magic Box menu into pages, from Page Overview
- - Drag and drop a QR code linking to a copy of the session from File > Share by QR code
- - In Page overview, drag and drop a page to re-arrange the page order
- - Allow users search-related information of AI object by Google
- - Sticky note behavior is improved
- - Improved Page Management behavior and reliability
- - Fixed bugs for iPad
- - Keep your webpage list no matter which device or browser you use
- - Improved the speed of Magic Box
- - Many backend improvements
- - Many, many other bug fixes and tweak!
- - Now supports Microsoft Word files (*.docx, *.doc).
- - Updated copyright information.
- - [Resolved] - [Immersive reader] [Whiteboard] Immersive reader sometimes did not work.
- - [Resolved] - [Tool Bar] Changing the language in present mode resets toolbar to default.
- - [Resolved] - [Magic Box] [File management] [Import] Previously filename extensions were case-sensitive, now they are case insensitive.
- - [Resolved] - [Text Editor] Clicking "x" to exit text editor sometimes caused the text object disappear.
Releases Q3/Q4 2020
- - Improved user experience of Presentation and Preparation modes.
- - Adorning menu for objects will not appear outside visible canvas area.
- - [Bug fix] Can now open .pptx files from cloud storage via Magic Box.
- - Added "skip blank page" option when exporting pdf to local drive. When exporting to Google drive, or sharing via QR code, this is applied by default.
- - Users can import files from Google shared drive with Magic Box.
- - Improved text editor scrolling when in presentation mode.
- - Text editor default font size is now 24.
- - Page thumbnails in page management view now include objects, images, YouTube, widgets, web content, and clips.
- - "No Guests allowed" option removed from Setting page.
- - Improved scrolling for sticky notes when in presentation mode.
- - Shape object minimum size set to 10*10 pixels as default.
- - Reduced time taken to open and import files.
- - Performance improvements.
- - Improved page management and reduced network load by modifying thumbnail generator.
- - Improved connection reliability.
- - Text editor improvements for performance and user experience.
- - Restored earlier function of immersive reader, reducing errors.
- - Thumbnails now include image objects, when importing pdf files.
v2.8.2 (2020-11-02) Features
- - Added support for importing Google Docs file
- - Updated Whiteboard's URL to https://myviewboard.com/Whiteboard
- - [Fixed] The exported pdf file will still contain the contents and pages of the huddles
- - [Fixed] After exporting a canvas with SVG files to pdf, the SVG files are missed.
- - [Fixed] After exporting a canvas with a color background to pdf, the background color is missed.
- - UI revision
♦Important Notes: ♦
- - Removed Session management / Google Classroom announcement / Huddle management / Timer / Draw Straws / Polling / Mini Map
- - .notebook and .iwb files are not supported
- - [Fixed] The user may encounter errors when they want to bind google classroom
- - [Fixed] A new Whiteboard page opens every time after binding a Google drive account
- - User can sign in with myViewBoard account to join a ClassRoom session
- - New file menu
- - Added 'fill color' on the side tool bar
- - Added 'fit to screen' on the side tool bar
- - Added 'duplicate page' on the page management menu
- - The AI Pen menu will be closed automatically if the host disables student editing permission
- - Laser pen feature has been removed from the student view
- - Place tooltips on all necessary icons
- - Beautify the new background management menu a little bit
- - Refined the Login Code display style for Huddle and List View
- - Refined the sync flow of YouTube object
Releases Q1/Q2 2020
- - Defined UI behavior of adorning menu.
- - Improved UI for kick out button when user's name is too long.
- - Improved format of the links for the hyperlinks.
- - Disabled IWB and vBoard import.
- - Added "More" button in menu when users have more than 10 classes.
- - Updated UI for QR share.
- - Post a file to Google Classroom Announcement
- - Google Classroom's Course ID is saved to the file every time Digital Whiteboard connects to a class
- - Google Classroom auto connects when opening the file
- - The current Digital Whiteboard session connects with the selected Google Classroom Class to retrieve students list
- - Improved binding flow function and UI design
- - UI has been improved
- - After binding Classroom, Chinese should now display correctly
- - Fixed issue where PDF import is unsuccessful if you don't bind a Google Drive first
- - Added support for the Tamil Language
Other Versions (2019)
- - Added copy and paste function
- - Added lock function
- - Added distribution function for objects like Google Drive files, video and images
- - Changed the UX for session code on the first page. Users now need to click on the top right tool bar to see the session code.
- - Page management UI will always show the current page in the middle if there are more than 3 pages
- - Rearranged the roaming function for the tool bar
- - Enhanced mini map tool
- - Improved speed when inking
v1.24.10 (2019-11-04) Features
- - Added duplication feature for objects
- - Added layer option to objects
- - Added indicators for group members
- - Ability to change session code
- - Support for Google drive to use the shared with me folder
- - Improvement on minor UIUX issues
- - Improved list of saved boards
- - Improved background import from FollowMeAI
- - Improved layer function
- - Improved off-task reminder: ability to define student order
- - Improved group identification on student's side
- - Improved .notebook file import
- - Improved background for client side
- - Improved object rotation
- - Allow users to change session code when needed
- - Rotation of objects are retained
- - Improvements to text objects
- - Enhanced Huddle Mode capability
- - Fixed issue where the guest's pen color was different for the host
- - Google drive thumbnails now appear
- - Improved PDF export for Huddle Groups
- - Added Español under Language Setting
- - QuickBoard is now myViewBoard
- - Added markers in the UI for students to indicate which group they are in
- - Added Dutch to the language setting
- - Added lasso grouping features
- - Added ability to export huddle groups into the PDF
- - Improved synchronization on the guests' side
- - Improved undo/redo behavior when rotating objects
- - Improved Shape tool performance
- - Improved export and import of IWB files
- - Improved Eraser tool to function only within different modes
- - Fixed the issue where user can't drag objects onto the canvas when toolbar is on the right
- - Enhanced YouTube when adding it on to the page
- - Enhanced the erase function when erasing objects
- - Activities in the Magic Box are disabled
- - Classroom binding is disabled on the Magic Box
- - Added "Please wait for the host to start this session" error message
- - Background color keeps the same color when a new page is added
- - Added an exit icon for the on-session code page
- - Added new colored images for AI Pens
- - Added close button for the QuickBoard session page
- - Redesigned undo/redo functions for faster inking
- - Redesigned page management feature to reduce rendering time
- - Redesigned the thumbnail generator for the minimap
- - Eraser enhancements to sync faster for other users
- - AI pen function enhancements
- - Enhancements for the PDF files in huddle mode: PDF files occupy a full page in a canvas instead of the whole screen
- - Text Editor enhancements: you need to select the words in order to use subscript/superscript
- - Text Editor enhancements: a maximum value is added to the font size
- - UI enhancements for the adorning menu
- - UX enhancements for the Mini Map
- - Improved loading flow for guests
- - Improved move and rotate function
- - Improved inking performance
- - Improved eraser performance
- - Improved UI for student list after importing the students from Classroom
- - Improved UI for QR Code sharing
- - Improved YouTube API to improve the quota for search
- - Fixed abnormal positioning of file menu when opened with toolbars at the bottom
- - Fixed minor bugs for the iwb file format
- - Fixed minor bugs for eraser
- - Fixed minor issues with text editor
- - Import
.notebookfiles to the canvas (Note: MagicPen and CreativePen are not yet implemented)
- - Open up saved QuickBoard sessions or
.iwbfiles from Google Drive
- - Text to speech function added to the Text editor
- - Permission button added for each huddle group
- - Improvements to the login UI
- - Implemented Google Material Design UI enhancements to some tool bars
- - Improvements to AI pen search results
- - Improvements to Huddle mode experience
- - Bind myViewBoard Classroom roster to QuickBoard
- - Submit feedback from QuickBoard
- - File menu added
- - Added progress indicator for file menu
- - Implemented Google Material Design for UI
- - Enhanced the export user experience
- - Added rotation for objects
- - Improved on PDF exportation
- - Enhanced Page Management list
- - Fixed some minor issues with the UI
- - Added warning message when deleting a page
- - Enhanced
- - New Virtual Huddle UI. Users can view the student list/Virtual Huddle and the canvas at the same time.
- - Message when user does not have a cloud drive set up when uploading PDF or IWB files to the cloud.
- - Enhanced Eyes-on-me user experience
- - Enhanced
- - Mini-map is closed when starting a new session
- - CustomPDF Viewer (with PageInfo, PageControls, Bookmarks)
- - QR code generator for the session code
- - Permission button to allow/disable all users to draw
- - Add a session to the cloud drive
- - Support for GIF files
- - Customization ability for "Eyes-on-me" function
- - Option to set toolbars to the bottom of the screen
- - Background can be added normally to each page
- - Once the host starts the present mode, all tools are closed on the user side
- - Default text for the Eyes-on-me function is "Please Look Up"
- - Improvements to the polling flow
- - Improved UI/UX for the Polling function
- - Improvements to drag and drop capability
- - Ability for host/client to draw at the same time
- - Client can only erase their own drawings
- - Client cannot move other client's drawings
- - Minor improvements to the overall UI
- - Improved export/import experience
- - Updated some of the tip texts
- - Only the Host has control over the language settings
- - Updated AI-Pen set
- - Improvements to the Huddle mode user experience
- - Prompt to bind a cloud drive if no cloud drive is bound yet