myViewBoard Display for Android
myViewBoard Display for Android allows users to mirror their desktop wirelessly to supported Interactive Flat Panels (IFP) and Wireless Presentation Displays (WPD). myViewBoard Display comes preinstalled on selected ViewBoard hardware, but can also be installed manually on any IFP or WPD that runs Android 6 or higher.
Once myViewBoard display is installed on an IFP or WPD, users will only need to use a compatible browser to start mirroring their device screen to the host.
Verify that the IFP or WPD that will act as host meets the following requirements:
- OS must be Android 6 or higher
- Must have open access to the Public Internet
- User must have enough rights to install on the IFP or WPD
- For a list of supported IFPs and WPDs, see this list.
- The setting "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources" has been enabled on the IFP.
Steps to enable the "Unknown Sources" setting will vary depending on the IFP model. See the following pages below for examples:
- How to install custom apps in the Android module for IFP50 series displays
- How to install APK on CDE6561T?
- Google Play store not found on IFP
If in doubt, your IFP's user manual will most likely contain instructions on installing APK files. If you need further assistance, see if you can find your answers here, or contact your IFP reseller for more details.
It is recommended to have the following ports open:
- TCP Port 443 (HTTPS) outbound
- UDP and TCP port 3478 bidirectional to the WebRTC servers
- UDP Ports 50,000 – 65,535 (RTP/sRTP/RTCP) bidirectional to the WebRTC servers
These ports are optional. If blocked, media will be proxied using TURN on port 3478.
Devices that will cast to the IFP or WPD must meet the following requirements:
- Operating system must be Windows 10, ChromeOS or MacOS (Not supported in iOS)
- Must have the latest version of Google Chrome, Chromium or Microsoft Edge Chromium browser installed
- There must be a stable internet connection between the device and the IFP or WPD
Installing myViewBoard Display
myViewBoard.com provides links to download the myViewBoard Display app:
- Sign-in to http://myViewBoard.com.
- Once signed in, click Download on the top toolbar.
- On the next page, locate and click myViewBoard Display to start the download.
- Select a location to save the downloaded file.
If the file was downloaded on a different device, copy the downloaded file to the IFP.
- Locate the downloaded file and click Install.
When prompted to allow installation from unknown sources, click Yes.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
Alternatively, you can download the APK by clicking the link below:
Using myViewBoard Display
To start myViewBoard Display on the IFP:
- Turn on the IFP.
- Click the Display icon .
If the Display icon is not on the home menu, tap the settings menu and look for the Display icon.
- Wait for the Display app to launch.
- Note the Display Code and 4-digit number One Time Password.
- Each IFP is assigned a unique ID.
- The password updates every 30 seconds.
To mirror a desktop using myViewBoard Display:
- On the user's device, open a compatible browser and go to http://myviewboard.com/display
- Type the Display Code and 4-digit number One Time Password shown on the IFP.
Note that the password changes every 30 seconds.
- Click Send my screen to Display.
- If you have multiple screens, you may need to specify which screen you want to display.
- If successful, the user's desktop should now be mirrored on the IFP.
Supported IFPs and WPDs
myViewBoard Display can also be installed manually on any IFP or WPD that runs Android 6 or higher. For a list of supported IFPs and WPDs, see this list.
If you have issues connecting, check the following:
- Verify that both the IFP and the connecting desktop have good network connection.
- Check if the One Time Password has not yet expired.
- myViewBoard Display supports 1:1 mirroring. This means that each session must be between one IFP and one client only.