myViewBoard Classroom - Lesson tab
The Lessons tab shows all the lessons added to the course.
Lessons Tab User Interface
Courses are organized by lessons. To create a lesson:
- On the Lesson tab, click Create Lesson.
- Specify a Lesson title.
- Click Done, or press ↵ Enter.
- To cancel click
- To edit the title at a later time, click and click Edit Lesson Property.
To add slides to this lesson:
- On the Lesson tab, click Edit Slides.
- Create your lesson content on the canvas provided. Changes made to the canvas are automatically saved.
- To add a new slide, click New Slide, or
- To add a new slide, click the pagination control at the bottom, then click
- To delete a slide, click the pagination control at the bottom, then click on the page to remove.
- For more details, see Creating Lessons.
- Once done, click the back button on your browser, or close your browser window.
During lesson creation, the following tools are available on the canvas provided:
Icon Name Description Magic Box Insert a resource onto the canvas. Selection Selects objects, text and pictures. Pen Draws freehand lines and squiggles. Click again to open pen options. Eraser Erases objects, based on the last mode selected. Click again to display eraser options. Shape/Line Draws lines and shapes with different styles. Click again to display shape options. Text/Handwriting Creates a textbox. Click again to switch to handwriting recognition. Eyes on me Displays text over the students screen to temporarily prevent interaction. Undo Reverses the previous action Redo Reverses the previous undo action. Polling Opens the polling window. Screen capture Displays options for capturing the contents of the canvas.
Back on the Lessons tab, lessons can be further organized using the following options:
|Edit Origin Course||Update the original course.|
|Re-Sync Origin Course Data||Updates the current course with any changes made to the original course.|
|Sort||Allows you to re-arrange the order of the lessons in the course.|
|Create Lesson||Creates a new lesson. New lessons are added to the end of the list.|
Publish and Present Lessons
After all lessons and slides are complete, perform the following:
- Click the toggle on the lesson to change the lesson status from DRAFT to PUBLISHED.
- Click Teacher Preview to see a preview of the lesson.
- Click Start Presenting to run all PUBLISHED lessons in a new tab.
Doing these tasks may help if you plan to rehearse the lesson, or do a dry run of the material before the actual presentation date.
Other myViewBoard Classroom Features
Explore other tabs in the myViewBoard Classroom screen to create more engaging lessons.
- The home tab provides an overview of what's current in the class. Use Announcements to communicate with your class in real-time. Since myViewBoard Classroom is integrated with Google Classroom, students can read your posts in Google Classroom.
- Provide a lesson plan to accompany the lesson. The lesson plan should either provide an outline of the lesson, or instructions/guidelines on how the lesson should be taught. In case the lesson is shared, this greatly helps others who have decided to use your lesson in their own classrooms.
- Create a lesson to present in this classroom. A lesson contains one or more chapters. Lessons can be shared with others. Likewise, you can also use and modify lessons shared by other users.
- Use this tab to invite students. Add students to your class by either importing them from Google Classroom, or inviting them through email.
- myViewBoard Classroom also allows you to create assignments to test your students' comprehension.
- Upload files to use in the classroom. Uploaded files can be inserted into lessons.