myViewBoard Classroom - Home tab
The Home tab provides a means of keeping yourself up-to-date with the class through the following features:
- Announcements to your students, and their replies
- Lessons available in this classroom, and upcoming schedules
Home Tab User Interface
Announcements allow you to send messages to the class. Posts in myViewBoard Classroom Announcement sync in real-time with your Google Classroom Stream. Alternatively, updates and comments posted to your Google Classroom Stream will also appear in the myViewBoard Classroom Announcement.
To post an announcement:
- Click What do you want to share with the class?
- On the Announcement content text area, type your message.
- Specify the recipient of your message:
- Select All students to send the message to all students in the class. This is the default setting.
- Select specific students to send the message to the selected students only.
- To add an attachment to the post, click the following icons:
- YouTube video
- Google Drive resource
- Click Post Announcement.
- The new announcement also appears in Google Classroom > Stream.
The Home tab also shows all the lessons available in the current classroom, as well as their schedules.
For more details, see Lessons.
Other myViewBoard Classroom Features
Explore other tabs in the myViewBoard Classroom screen to create more engaging lessons.
- The home tab provides an overview of what's current in the class. Use Announcements to communicate with your class in real-time. Since myViewBoard Classroom is integrated with Google Classroom, students can read your posts in Google Classroom.
- Provide a lesson plan to accompany the lesson. The lesson plan should either provide an outline of the lesson, or instructions/guidelines on how the lesson should be taught. In case the lesson is shared, this greatly helps others who have decided to use your lesson in their own classrooms.
- Create a lesson to present in this classroom. A lesson contains one or more chapters. Lessons can be shared with others. Likewise, you can also use and modify lessons shared by other users.
- Use this tab to invite students. Add students to your class by either importing them from Google Classroom, or inviting them through email.
- myViewBoard Classroom also allows you to create assignments to test your students' comprehension.
- Upload files to use in the classroom. Uploaded files can be inserted into lessons.