myViewBoard Classroom - Assignments tab
Use the Assignment tab to create and distribute assignments to students in the classroom. Since assignments sync in real-time with your Google Classroom Classwork, students are able to use Google Classroom to view and submit assignments.
Assignment Tab User Interface
To create an assignment in myViewBoard classroom:
- Open the class where the assignment will be created.
- Go to the Assignment tab, and click one of the following:
- Create: Assignment
- Create: Short-Answer-Question
- Create: Multiple Choice
- Provide the following information:
Title Specify a title. Titles make it easy to find assignments if you need to review them later. Assignment Description Use this area to provide instructions on how to complete the assignment. Max score Specify the max score for this assignment. Due Date Select a date when the assignment should be submitted by students. Post to By default, new assignments are assigned to all students.
To assign to specific students only, select those students from the 'Post to' dropdown.
Edit after submission By default, students are unable to modify their submissions after turning the assignment in.
Click the toggle to allow students to make changes even after submitting the assignment.
- To add an attachment to the assignment, click the following icons:
- YouTube video
- Google Drive resource
- Click Post.
The Assignment tab lists all assignments created for the class. To manage the assignments:
- Locate the assignment to manage, and click .
- Perform one of the following:
Copy Link Copy a link to the Google Classroom classwork page that you can share with students. Edit Update assignment details. Delete Removes the assignment from the list. This action cannot be undone.
Other myViewBoard Classroom Features
Explore other tabs in the myViewBoard Classroom screen to create more engaging lessons.
- The home tab provides an overview of what's current in the class. Use Announcements to communicate with your class in real-time. Since myViewBoard Classroom is integrated with Google Classroom, students can read your posts in Google Classroom.
- Provide a lesson plan to accompany the lesson. The lesson plan should either provide an outline of the lesson, or instructions/guidelines on how the lesson should be taught. In case the lesson is shared, this greatly helps others who have decided to use your lesson in their own classrooms.
- Create a lesson to present in this classroom. A lesson contains one or more chapters. Lessons can be shared with others. Likewise, you can also use and modify lessons shared by other users.
- Use this tab to invite students. Add students to your class by either importing them from Google Classroom, or inviting them through email.
- myViewBoard Classroom also allows you to create assignments to test your students' comprehension.
- Upload files to use in the classroom. Uploaded files can be inserted into lessons.