myViewBoard Box connects to to any HDMI display and allows wireless screen sharing for multi-group presentations.
myViewBoard Box also comes with a built-in myViewBoard whiteboard solution and Android operating system. This makes myViewBoard Box a fitting solution for multi-group presentations, such as student-focused learning environments or activity-centric meeting rooms.
When several myViewBoard Boxes are operated at the same time, a host can:
- Control and show the same content to multiple displays
- Selectively cast the content from one presenter while sharing it to another display
- 1 Product Overview
- 2 Getting Started
- 3 Performing additional connections
- 4 Operating the myViewBoard Box
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 6 Related Media
- 7 More Hardware
Please take a moment to check if all the necessary items are included in the package. If anything is missing or damaged, please contact your dealer immediately.
|1||Reset button||Performs a hardware-reset of the device|
|2||Power LED||Indicates system power status: |
- Blue: power on
|3||DC Jack 5V||System power input connector.|
|4||GB-LAN (RJ-45)||Gigabit Ethernet + 802.3at class4 Gigabit Power over Ethernet|
- Yellow (Flashing) Activity on the link.
|5||USB 2.0 (Type-A) ports||Universal Serial Bus 2.0 500mA * Note1 / Note2|
|6||USB 3.0 (Type-A) ports||Universal Serial Bus 3.0 900mA * Note1 / Note2|
|7||HDMI IN V1.4b(Type A) port||High-definition multimedia interface signal input:|
Connects to a PC with HDMI output, set-top box, or other video devices (HD 720P) *Note3
- Note1: Only supports the FAT32 format.
- Note2: USB camera or UVC device does not support hot-plug mode.
- Note3: Running USB type-C and HDMI connections at the same time is NOT supported. Only one display output can be active.
|1||RS232 port*||RS232 serial port cable: connects the display (IFP or Projector) to an external computer.
Certain functions can be controlled remotely by the PC, including power on/off, volume adjustment and more. *Note1
|2||USB3.0 (Type C) ports||USB3.0 SuperSpeed support and DisplayPort 1.2(1080@60Hz) output. *Note2|
|3||HDMI OUT V2.0(Type A) port||Connects the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of a display device, for example Display or Projector …etc.|
- Note1: Set the baud rate of controlled devices to 9600 bps.
- Note2: Running USB type-C and HDMI connections at the same time is NOT supported. Only one display output can be active.
The following connections are required to use myViewBoard Box.
Connecting the AC power
To connect your myViewBoard Box to a power source, perform the following:
- Connect one end of the power cord to the AC adapter and the other end to a power outlet.
- Connect the AC adapter to the DC-in jack of your myViewBoard Box.
The myViewBoard Box supports the PoE feature. If connected to a Power Device (PD) or a Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE), the myViewBoard Box is able to power itself via the ethernet slot.
- Connect a Power Device (PD) or a Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) to a power outlet.
- Connect an ethernet cable connected to the Power Device (PD) to the Power over Ethernet (PoE) slot of your myViewBoard Box.
If both power sources are available, the myViewBoard Box uses the AC adapter as the main power source.
Connecting to a local area network (LAN)
- Connect one end of the RJ-45 cable to the LAN port of your myViewBoard Box.
- Connect the other end of the RJ-45 cable to a network connection device or a network wall connector.
Connecting a display device
Use an HDMI cable (not supplied) to connect to an external display.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of the myViewBoard Box.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of a display device.
Connecting a mouse and keyboard
- Connect the USB mouse and USB keyboard to the USB2.0 ports of your myViewBoard Box.
Performing additional connections
Connecting to USB type-C devices
- USB type-C compatible devices such as a monitor or projector.
- USB type-C supports DP1.2/out (1080P@60Hz) only.
- No support for running USB type-C and HDMI connections at the same time.
Connecting to RS232
An RS-232 connection provides the ability to turn on myViewBoard, adjust volume or switch the input source from a remote PC or console.
Note: Set the baud rate of all control devices to 9600 bps.
ViewSonic provides vController, an easy-to-use control tool.
vController: Projector LAN Port:4661
vController: Projector LAN Port:23
vController: Projector LAN Port:5000
Learn more and download the vController software from the ViewSonic website.
Installing the Hardware
Mounting the VBS100 (VB-WMK-001/VB-STND-001)
Mount the VBS100 to the back of your display device.
Note: Verify that your display device supports VESA mounting. Refer to the following illustration for size measurements:
Mount the VBS100 on T-bar.
Operating the myViewBoard Box
myViewBoard Box screens
The myViewBoard Box shows the following screen on startup:
myViewBoard Box startup screen description.
On the main screen:
- To start myViewBoard for Android, click on the default screen.
- To start the V-Launch Menu, click on the default screen.
Icon Name Description Display In a SCALE-UP classroom, the teacher can initiate a discussion by broadcasting their screen to all the displays connected to ViewBoard Stream. Students can also share their own screen to the nearby display to interact with the rest of the class. EnterpriseAgent Refers to an application by 42Gears, which is signed by the device manufacturers (OEMs) to enable administrators to use advanced lockdown and management features of 42Gears products on the device. Explorer An easy and powerful file explorer for Android devices. Lightning A free web browser for Android that is fast and easy to use. myViewBoard An ecosystem where users create their own personal digital whiteboard in the cloud. Users can create, view and present these virtual whiteboards wherever they are, using one of the myViewBoard software solutions available. RevelDigital Player Turns your Android-based myViewBoard Box into digital signage. The Revel Digital Player app works in conjunction with the Revel Digital management portal (www.reveldigital.com) and provides the public-facing content for your own digital signage network.
Note: Once the RevelDigital Player app is successfully registered, myViewBoard Box sets the RevelDigital Player APP as the default app to start automatically every time the device is powered on. After this has been set, you need to start the myViewBoard Stream app manually to use the myViewBoard Stream app again.
Settings Provides access to system setup. Enables you to quickly and easily set up your VBS100. myViewBoard Display In SCALE-UP classroom, the teacher can broadcast their screen to all the displays with ViewBoard Display attached to it to initiate a discussion. Students can share their own screen to the nearby display to form an interaction with the rest of the class. SureMDM Nix SureMDM is a simple yet versatile EMM solution that enables businesses to secure, monitor, and manage mobile devices such as tablets, smartphones and other devices based on Android. SureMDM Agent uses Android Device Administrator permission to provide advanced mobile device management features. Media player Supports the following specifications:
- 4K/60: VP9, H265, H264
- 1080P/60: VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP8
myViewBoard for Windows Tasks
Verify that the “Entity administration account” operation is running under the correct myViewBoard rating: https://myviewboard.com/education/pricing/
|Basic||myViewBoard account cannot use the stream video function|
|Professional||myViewBoard account can stream video to 2 pcs of VBS100 at the same time|
|Entity||myViewBoard account can stream video to 2 pcs of VBS100 at the same time|
To send a ViewBoard screen or to receive users’ screens, tap the icon on the title bar.
Tap the Cast module to enable.
Provide the Bind Code that was displayed on the myViewBoard Box.
Provide the One Time Password Code ( The OTP code is updated every 30 seconds) that was displayed on the myViewBoard Box.
Select Display_73564411 from the list.
The entry changes to Display_73564411 if bonding was successful.
The cast / wireless presentation should begin streaming.
myViewBoard for Windows screencast to an IFP display.
myViewBoard Companion App Tasks
Verify that the "Entity administration account" is running under the correct myViewBoard account rating.
- Tap the myViewBoard Companion app icon.
- Sign in to myViewBoard Companion.
- Use the QR code sign in feature to sign in to myViewBoard for Windows.
- Tap your user avatar to access the Settings screen.
- Tap Stream, tap the icon, and then tap Scan to bind streamer to myViewBoard.
- Position the QR code displayed on the myViewBoard Box inside the frame.
- Back on the Companion app, press .
- If successful, the screen displays .
If you experience a problem with your myViewBoard Direct, refer to the following troubleshooting guide. If a problem persists, contact the service center.
The myViewBoard Box won’t start
- If the LED does not light blue during device boot up:
- Verify that the AC adapter is properly plugged into the DC-in jack of the myViewBoard Box and to the power outlet.
- Verify that the DC connector is fully inserted into the correct socket on the front of the myViewBoard Box.
- Check the power socket with another device (i.e. table lamp).
- If there is still no power, contact ViewSonic support or the Reseller from whom the device was purchased.
Unable to access the LAN
- Verify that the RJ-45 cable is connected:
- one end to the LAN port of your myViewBoard Box
- the other end to a network connected device or a network wall connector
- Make sure you have configured the LAN settings correctly.
Unable to display to the monitor device
- Verify that the HDMI cable has been plugged in properly into the HDMI outlet.
Unable to access the myViewBoard ecosystem, or if required firewall ports are blocked
To properly access the myViewBoard ecosystem (including companion apps) on your network, request your IT department to open the following ports:
- TCP Port 443 (HTTPS): outbound
- UDP and TCP port 3478 bidirectional to the WebRTC servers
- UDP Ports 50,000 – 65,535 (RTP/sRTP/RTCP) bidirectional to the WebRTC servers
- These ports are optional; if blocked, media will be proxied using TURN on port 3478.
The WebRTC protocol is actively used in screen sharing. Verify that these ports are open on your network firewall. For more information, click here.
To check your connectivity status, visit:
View third party licenses
- For Android Open Source Copyright Notice, refer to the Third-party licenses in legal information.
- For LGPL source code, click on the LGPL source code in legal information. It will be automatically downloaded to
Optional accessories equipment
VSB050 (EZC-5201BS) USB Wireless Adapter
- Bluetooth mode: The VSB050 connects to the VBS100. It does not support the sending of files in connected USB devices through Bluetooth. For security reasons, only files inside the internal memory can be sent through Bluetooth.
- WIFI mode: The VSB050 connects to a wireless network AP device to access the Internet. You must remove the Ethernet RJ45 cable to enable Wi-Fi mode.
- HOTSPOT mode: To share via a VSB050 hotspot, you need to connect an Ethernet RJ45 cable.
- Bluetooth mode: Test equipment model.
- Logitech K580 SLIM MULTI-DEVICE WIRELESS KEYBOARD CHROME OS EDITION https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/k580-slim-multi-device-wireless-keyboard
- Logitech M585 MULTI-DEVICE Multi-Tasking Mouse https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/m585-wireless-mouse
- Get Started with myViewBoard Box