myViewBoard is a web based collaborative whiteboard system.
For an introduction and information on using myViewBoard, see the following guides:
- This document is a guide to quickly get started with using myViewBoard after installation.
- This document is a guide to using the myViewBoard user interface.
- This document is a comprehensive guide to using myViewBoard.
- This document aims to be a printable guide that users can use as a quick 'cheat sheet' reference to the myViewBoard icons.
myViewBoard is accessible online, but works best if used with the Chrome browser (or any other Chrome-based browser). myViewBoard uses WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communication) API to achieve screen sharing across various platforms such as Chromebook, PC, and Mac. Currently this can only be supported on Chrome.
Participating in a myViewBoard Session
Perform the following steps to participate in a myViewBoard session:
To join a myViewBoard session:
- Go to https://myviewboard.com and click on the 'Join a myViewBoard session' icon. Signing in is not required.
- On the new window, provide a name and a log in code. The log in code is provided by your myViewBoard host.
To host a myViewBoard session:
- Sign in to https://myviewboard.com, and click on the 'Start a myViewBoard session' icon.
- The next window provides three options to join myViewBoard session:
- Login code - participants who are in the same room as the host
- QR code - best for users who are using mobile devices
- URL link - send through instant messaging.
- Distribute the code to all participants, and wait for them to join the session using one of the options above.
After signing in, users are presented with a blank canvas. myViewBoard provides the following options to manage the session:
Opens options to change the canvas background.
Adjust zoom options.
Manage participants by placing them in groups.
Displays details required to login to myViewBoard session.
Displays help for common myViewBoard tasks and questions.
Displays version details for the myViewBoard for Windows program.
Settings that affect the current session.
myViewBoard Toolbar Icons
For more details about the icons that appear in myViewBoard, see myViewBoard Toolbar Icons.
The main toolbar contains tools that allow users to add annotations to the canvas area. This toolbar is always fixed to the right, left or bottom side of the program window. The appearance of icons in the toolbar vary depending on the selected theme.
myViewBoard myViewBoard includes the following icons in the toolbar:
Click and drag to move toolbar to the side of the screen.
Displays options for importing and exporting PDF files.
Displays various tools that you can insert into the canvas.
Selects objects, text and pictures.
Draws freehand lines and squiggles. Click again to open pen options.
Erases objects, based on the last mode selected. Click again to display eraser options.
Draws lines and shapes with different styles. Click again to display shape options.
Creates a textbox. Click again to switch to handwriting recognition.
Reverses the previous action.
Reverses the previous undo action.
Creates, selects, sorts, and deletes pages.
The Floating Toolbar allows users to perform operations on the canvas. This toolbar can be moved freely around the canvas area.
Drag to move the Floating Toolbar around the canvas.
Activate Present Mode to disable annotation tools.
Activate Create Mode to enable annotation tools.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, displays the previous page.
Switches the canvas to fullscreen mode.
If the canvas contains multiple pages, displays the next page.
Adds a new page to the canvas.
Opens the polling window.
Displays text over the students screen to temporarily prevent interaction.
In Presentation mode, allows zooming and moving the canvas .