This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Pop Quiz allows the teacher to ask a question verbally or in written form, and invite students to submit their answers from their own device which can be shared to the Whiteboard.
Polls is a similar feature, designed for more structured questions.
Take note: There is no limit to the number of questions or attendees in Pop Quiz.
In Whiteboard for Windows and Whiteboard for Android
Open Pop Quiz
First, make sure you are signed in to Whiteboard with your myViewBoard Premium or Entity account （see sign in to Whiteboard for info).
Overview of Pop Quiz.
Toggle show/hide all answers.
Invite people to your Whiteboard session
Your unique Whiteboard session ID is shown in the top left of the whiteboard. People can participate in Pop Quizzes by going to the Whiteboard portal
myviewboard.com/whiteboard_session in a web browser. Replace whiteboard_session with the name of the Whiteboard session you wish to join. Alternatively, users can scan the QR code using a QR code scanner or the Companion App.
Join a Pop Quiz
- After the unique URL loads for the Whiteboard session you wish to join, simply enter your name or nickname and click Confirm.
- On the next screen, click Pop Quiz.
- In the pop out window, you can now draw or type and click the blue send button to share it with the Whiteboard host.
Ask a question
In the Pop Quiz window, the top panel is where you can draw a question - alternatively, you can verbally ask a question, or type a question on the canvas. Hide the top question panel by clicking the hide question icon.
Show/hide the question panel to ask questions verbally or by other means.
- In the lower half of the Pop Quiz window, click a name to reveal the answer from that person.
- Click the reveal answers icon to show/hide all answers.
To save answers: Save answers as JPG image files to your local or cloud storage by clicking the save icon in the bottom right of the Pop Quiz window.
In Whiteboard for iOS
The core functionality of Pop Quiz functions the same as in Pop Quiz for Whiteboard for Windows and Android. Audience members must join the Whiteboard session via URL or QR code, select Pop Quiz, and submit answers with the blue icon.
Note: In Whiteboard for iOS, the host can long-press the QR code to copy the session URL. Alternatively, the QR code can be dragged onto the canvas so the audience can access the QR code at any time.
The primary difference is in additional buttons and features:
- The option to type text is included in Whiteboard for iOS Pop Quiz.
- Toggle between question and answers view and only answers view.
- Toggle between hiding and displaying question content.
- Toggle whether to display the names of respondents on their answer tiles.
- Toggle this switch to permit the audience to send answer responses or not. (Receive answers: On position pictured.)
- View a notification bubble appear over this icon as soon as an audience member throws a response. Tapping this icon will also display answers.
- Tap-drag this bar on the right side of the Pop Quiz window to the left or right to show/hide the answers panel.