Magic Box navigational compass
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
The (navigational) compass is one of the tools available from the Magic Box for Whiteboard for Windows. The compass can be resized and rotated, and the red bearing line can be independently rotated. This can be used on the Whiteboard canvas or over the Windows desktop in desktop mode in Whiteboard for Windows. It can be used for learning about directions, maps, and bearings.
Not to be confused with the Compass (drawing tool), which is also available in Whiteboard (Android and Windows versions). This tool is used similar to the Dutch koershoekmeter and the Breton Plotter https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Breton_plotter.
- In the main toolbar, click the Magic Box icon.
- In the Magic Box window, click the Tools icon.
- Double-click or drag the navigational compass icon from the list of icons to add to the canvas.
Use the koershoekmeter to measure angles higher than 180 degrees. This tool is mainly used in navigation or chartwork to plot courses on map.
- Click and drag the hand icon to move the angle hand.
- The tool displays angle of rotation as the hand icon moves.
- Click the x icon to close.
Use the koershoekmeter to measure angles higher than 180 degrees. This tool is mainly used in navigation or chartwork to plot courses on maps.
Access online resources to learn more about myViewBoard.
Security and Policy
Find out about myViewBoard secure connections.
Follow us on social media and get notified of the latest news and updates.