Configuring myViewBoard Settings
To modify settings within myViewBoard for Windows, click the gear icon on the titlebar. Changes are applied immediately.
To configure more settings, sign in to myViewBoard.com and go to the FollowMe AI page.
Settings that affect the current session.
Any changes made are applied immediately. This tab contains the following options:
- Loads different themes to change the icons and default backgrounds available
- • Education: Applies default icons and UI.
- • Business: Applies dark icons and UI.
- • Public Sector: Applies dark icons and UI.
- • Sports: Applies default icons and UI.
- Changes the language used by the UI. The following languages are available:
- After selecting a language, the myViewBoard UI is updated immediately.
- Visual Aids
- For added accessibility, myViewBoard for Windows adds Color Filters to assist color-blind users. Click Visual Aids and select one of the following:
- Inverted color
- Grayscale inverted
- Default value is Off.
- myViewBoard Visual Aids and the Windows Color Filter feature cannot be run at the same time. To use myViewBoard Visual Aids, turn off the Windows Color Filter feature.
- Configuration Toggles
- Toggles myViewBoard settings on or off. Everything is enabled by default.
- Launch after Windows start up: Automatically start myViewBoard for Windows when starting the computer.
- Mode after start: Specify if myViewBoard for Windows starts in Presentation or Preparation mode.
- Units: Switch between Metric and Imperial. These measurement units are shown when creating shapes via the Shape tool.
- Multiple touch: Enable detection of multiple fingers/pen points, depending on the number of touch points supported by the device. If disabled, the canvas recognizes only one touch input. Disabling this option also automatically disables Multi-touch Gesture and Palm eraser options.
- Multi-touch gesture: Enable use of the two-finger swipe gesture to navigate or create pages when the Selection tool is active. This option is not available if the Multiple Touch option is disabled.
- Palm eraser: Enable erasing objects on the canvas using a closed palm.
- GPU acceleration: Enables GPU acceleration. Restart myViewBoard to apply changes.
- For users with mobility issues (or if the canvas registers a lot of accidental touches), disabling the following may make myViewBoard easier to use.
- Multiple touch
- Multi-touch gestures
- Palm eraser
- Text font
- Configure default font for the Text tool.
- The default font can also be configured on the myViewBoard.com web site.
- Text to speech setting
- Configure default text-to-speech settings.
- Voice: Note that the user can only select voices that are already installed in the system.
- Speed: Adjust how fast the voice reads the text.
- Volume: Adjust how loud the voice reads the text.
Specify how long the myViewBoard program should wait before it displays the screensaver.
- Select the icon to disable the screensaver.
- This setting is different from the "Auto log-out time" on myViewBoard.com.
The myViewBoard screensaver appears whenever the application is left idle for a set amount of time.
Companion App Download Tab
Displays QR codes for downloading the myViewBoard Companion Apps.
- Alternatively, you can download the Companion App from Downloads page in myViewBoard.com.
- For help on using the Companion App, go to myViewBoard Companion Apps page.
Displays help for common myViewBoard tasks and questions.
Notes: This tab is divided into the following sections:
- Provides links to basic video tutorials about selected myViewBoard features.
- Videos open in their own floating window.
- Provides links to video tutorials on more advanced topics about selected myViewBoard features.
- Videos open in their own floating window.
- Provides links to the following:
- Note that the downloading the Adobe Flash player launches a new browser window outside myViewBoard.
- What's new: Opens a window that lists the new features for the current release.
- myViewBoard wiki: Launches the Embed browser and opens the wiki.
- Collect and shows the PC's information: Scans the system for hardware and software components, then inserts a text report onto the canvas. To copy the report, double click the text to enter "text editor" mode, press CTRL+A and CTRL+C.
- Show 3rd party open source library licenses: Inserts the license agreements of 3rd party components used by myViewBoard as a text report.
- Go to myViewBoard.com help page: Opens the Embed browser and loads the myViewBoard FAQ page.
Displays version details for the myViewBoard for Windows program.
This tab displays the following details:
- Email: Email address used to activate this myViewBoard installation
- ViewBoard Name: ViewBoard name provided during installation
- Instance ID: Unique ID assigned to this installation
- Version: myViewBoard version currently installed
Additionally, the following task are available on this tab:
- View the Remote Control status to check if it is possible to use the casting module.
- If the user has not yet received the activation email, click Re-send the activation email to try again. This option is not available once the software has been activated.
- Click Update myViewBoard to check if a newer version is available.