Your myViewBoard account can connect to popular third-party cloud storage and videoconferencing accounts.
myViewBoard supports the following cloud services:
- Google Drive
- OneDrive and OneDrive for Business (only available for Entity accounts)
- NextCloud Files
- Google Classroom
Connect your cloud accounts to myViewBoard
- Sign in to http://www.myViewBoard.com.
- Click your avatar, and select FollowMe from the drop-down.
- Click Cloud Integration on the side panel.
- On the Cloud Integration screen, select the cloud storage account you want to bind.
- Sign in to your account and allow myViewBoard to access your account.
After binding, a new folder named myViewBoard is created in the root directory of your cloud storage account. This is where session QR shares and backgrounds are stored, among other files.
Repeat the procedure for every cloud account to add. To set an account as the primary cloud storage to use, click Set Default.
When you connect your myViewBoard account to a cloud storage account, a new
myViewBoard folder is created in the cloud storage.
By default, the 'myViewBoard' folder contains the following subfolders:
- Background - custom images available as canvas background options
- Canvas - autosaved versions of the user's myViewBoard session
- Magic Line Pen - custom images available as Magic Line Pen options
- Media - default folder for the integrated cloud feature of the Magic Box
- Shape Pen - custom images available as Shape Pen options
- Throw - objects received via a throw action
Additional folders are created when specific features are activated in myViewBoard:
- Pop Quiz - objects received via the Pop Quiz feature
- QR Share - PDF output of a myViewBoard session shared via the QR Share feature
Upload Custom Images
Use the cloud storage account to store custom images that can be used in Whiteboard or Classroom sessions.
- Sign in to http://www.myviewboard.com.
- Click your avatar, and select FollowMe from the drop down.
- Under Settings, ensure that myViewBoard default theme is not selected.
- Under Cloud Integration, ensure that the correct cloud storage account is selected as the default.
- Under Backgrounds:
- Select from linked cloud storage, myViewBoard Originals, or Education preset images to set as the default background (applied to Whiteboard when signed in).
- Under Magic Line Pens, and Shape Pens:
- Click Update Files to open the relevant folder in your cloud storage.
- You can upload PNG and JPG images to this folder.
- Back in the previous Magic Line Pens, or Shape Pens settings pages, you can now select default images that will be applied to Whiteboard when signed in to your myViewBoard account.
- Images must meet the following dimensions:
Background Any resolution, but 3840 x 2160 (4k resolution) is recommended Magic Line Pen Should be at least 96 x 96 pixels. Images are tiled to fill the space. Shape Pen 96 x 96 pixels, all pen images are scaled to this resolution
Auto Save to cloud when session times out
Setting a cloud drive as default automatically enables the "auto save to cloud on time out" feature:
- On the myViewBoard.com web site, assign a default cloud drive on the FollowMe AI page.
- On Whiteboard for Windows, verify that a default cloud drive is enabled.
Once the session reaches the idle timeout period, myViewBoard for Windows automatically saves the current session into the "\myViewBoard\Canvas\" folder on the default cloud drive under the file name "autosave-[TimeStamp].vboard".
Integrate with messaging and videoconferencing apps
Whiteboard for Windows supports integration with GoToMeeting, Zoom and Skype for Business accounts to allow the use of myViewBoard software during meetings.
For details on integrating GoToMeeting and Zoom, see:
To enable integration with Skype for Business, verify that Skype for Business is already installed, then perform the following steps:
- Launch Whiteboard for Windows.
- Sign in to Whiteboard for Windows with a supported account to integrate with Skype for Business.
Most entities usually assign the same username for myViewBoard for Windows and Skype for Business, but check first with your account administrator to verify.
- Click the Wireless Presentation icon.
- Click the Skype icon to launch Skype and automatically sign in.